• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

ocean

Banned
What is the sniper god roll again? I got hidden hand and snapshot in one, is the last perk important?
Sniper perk hype.

Best-case scenario assuming infinite re-roll resources? 2 Her Benevolences. You roll two and play around to see what you like best.

- Scope: there's three scopes I've used to varying degrees of success: Ambush, Longview and Shortgaze. Many people swear by Shortgaze, but it's the one I like the least. Scopes affect Aim Assistance, ADS speed, weapon swap speed and stability. It's not clear-cut which is better because your play style will dictate which tradeoff affects you the least. I'm very partial to Ambush because it's more snappy. Otherwise, I go for Longview which has some sick Aim Assistance (albeit slightly higher zoom, which can make following a moving target slightly harder). Shortages has the Aim Assistance advantage over Ambush while keeping the same zoom, at the cost of decreased stability and slower ADS.

- First perk: Almost universally agreed that Hidden Hand is the best choice. I don't quite agree; I like ammo perks best since it's just so damn useful to have ammo on you, specially in Trials so I'd go for Clown Cartridge.

- Second perk: Snapshot for liiiiiiife. It'll be the difference between a kill and a trade in many situations. Quickdraw is also good. Stability perks are good for PvE where you wanna chain many crits, but largely unimportant in PvP (except with lower impact snipers where Stability helps you get the two tap to the body if you miss the head on try 1).

- Third perk: People swear by Unflinching. Under fire, it'll reduce reticle movement by about 35%, but it'll take the same time to return to its original position. There's also a factor of scope alignment - coming off a shot, there's a brief lapse of time where your bullets will actually not go to the center of your reticle. You can test this by shooting your gun coming off a big fall which staggers you: you'll see the bullet go in a direction that doesn't follow your reticle. Unflinching reduces this effect, but measuring it is super hard because it's an extremely quick situation.
I'd rather get Performance Bonus here. Kills feeding your ammo reserve is super useful in PvP, where green ammo can be hard to get at times (more so in Trials).

So if you get the "classic" god roll (Hidden Hand + Unflinching)? That's a total keeper. But if you can roll a Clown Cartridge/Snapshot/Performance Bonus sniper, you'll have my infinite, undying envy :p

Thanks to figaliz and the-endgame for carrying my ass! It was a pleasure playing with you two!
No worries, I have probably played more today with you guys today than the whole week.

Am I too late for the Crota raid? I was only going to warm up for 1-2 missions, but it totally turned into something bigger.

I'm going to be cooling off a bit in the meantime lots of laundry to fold, but I will be close to the phone

Biggy

All my real life friends play on Xbox, they wanted me to start a character and I was like fine I'll start ONE. (Titan). BUT. After more peer pressure I'm making a second character. ;_;
Since you now have 2 characters why not go for the third aka the best class! :D

GutZ31

All my real life friends play on Xbox, they wanted me to start a character and I was like fine I'll start ONE. (Titan). BUT. After more peer pressure I'm making a second character. ;_;

With+the+xbox+one+being+released+so+soon+thought+you_cccb9b_4866758.gif

I need to get an Xbox, but I am waiting for the must have exclusives coming next year.

phen0m24

One of each, the way the game was meant to be played lol

I have yet to start a cheeselock on XB1

EL CUCO

Playing PvP on my Titan all weekend has sunk my self-esteem to all new lows :( I really need to practice more with it

That was some really good games against teams that were no pushovers, yet we did a true flawlesss. GG's and kudos to you guys, always nice to run with the Dutch Destroyers ^^

Thanks again for the run! I was just putting off chores watching the stream/grinding grimoire and 45 mins later I was on Mercury.

Thanks for the runs guys, the run with Bitsurugi was really sweaty with a 4-1 comeback and a lot of teams with 2.0 K/Ds. True Flawless indeed :) On the other hand, the run with Dr_LawyerCop was peanuts. We might have lost 3 rounds in total :p

First half of the run with Mupod...jeez immediately against the former #1 in the UK. And then some camping Thorn glitchers that take away 80% of your health in one shot.

Mupod

Thanks for the runs guys, the run with Bitsurugi was really sweaty with a 4-1 comeback and a lot of teams with 2.0 K/Ds. True Flawless indeed :) On the other hand, the run with Dr_LawyerCop was peanuts. We might have lost 3 rounds in total :p

First half of the run with Mupod...jeez immediately against the former #1 in the UK. And then some camping Thorn glitchers that take away 80% of your health in one shot.

If those matches are abnormal then I feel a lot better about Trials in general. I still need more practice though.

Thanks a lot anyways, only have one win to go and I can get the chest to be 34.

Good games ej, always fun watching the dutch wrecking team

If those matches are abnormal then I feel a lot better about Trials in general. I still need more practice though.

Thanks a lot anyways, only have one win to go and I can get the chest to be 34.

Yeah, you guys ran into some bad luck there. Just keep playing as much trials as you can. Whenever I have time to play on the weekend I look to find any group that will take me. Lost a lot, but it's the only way to get better with it. Try the elimination playlist while it's still up, but that can be a crapshot. You end up with a lot of guys quitting as soon as you're down a couple points.

MrDaravon

I'm still looking for any PoE 32/34, VoG HM or Trials (newbie). Haven't done any of that on any of my characters this week.

noomi

Rank 3 Titan PvE kills get, 3590 Grimoire.

Need about 19 VIP pats, and then skirmish, salvage, or 200 crucible skills, or 21 strikes... What should I do?

lt519

I've gotten one in seven completions. 14% (6th kill)
T-44 has gotten 2 in 8 completions. 25% (6th & 8th kill)
In my seven completions, I've seen four drop. 19%

And from what I've seen here I put the rate somewhere between 14 and 25%. Id say closer to 14 than 25.

T-44 and I both got our first on the sixth time we beat him. In talking to others it seems that the they hardly ever drop on an account with <5 completions. From 5 on it seems like they loosen the purse strings a bit.

I don't think that's horrible considering you're all but guaranteed a elder cipher by then from him and the first timer rewards are pretty cool. The drop rates for Crota were pretty high, we got spoiled. That's a pretty typical number for a ARPG if it's supposed to be highest tier gear (which is a whole different discussion). The random burns on top of it were kind of a bummer since it added another layer of a 50% chance you got a useless perk.

My first dropped on I think my 4th completion and then I had two in a row around 7-8 and then my second to last one (so like 11th eligible). Interesting nobody seems to have gotten anything on their first runs.

Man that last game was incredibly frustrating. It played out exactly how I thought Trials was going to be before it launched. People camping until the flag spawns. Fuck outta here with that shit.

GGs to everyone we played with today, sorry we couldn't get you more just now Mupod, annoying competition and dinner got in the way.

Top Bottom