• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

LiK

I don't think people actually want it, it's just a talking point. It's absurdly easy to get a group going here. Anyone who has tried to wouldn't still be asking about it.

most people who visit Gaming don't look at the Community OTs. we're a minority. so of course, they want MM for their needs.

phen0m24

The way to the vault?

Edit: Top page?! DONT LOOK AT ME!

Points and waves and laughs at Cuco :p

Point and laugh at CUCO.

Done :)

Why does the OT always get so creepy after dark?

You're posting in here, aren't you? ZING

Doesn't work that way, mon amis.

Bonsoir, mademoiselle

Why so mean?

Rob you should be aware of the Fig and Todd dueling sarcasm. They are both very excellent at the art of kappa

Late night entertainment.

This exactly.

Frabjous.
Brawler's Cloak

Zew I would love to play with you and Trakan once for science but would inevitably be the guy at the bottom of the board, worthy of a joke post. :( Nice cloak btw.

snipadeedoodah snipadeeday

Dude you are so well spoken and then you can pull off a perfect Yoda I'm so jealous bruh

Sorry for many quotes. I just love these peeps and also this game.

Kyoufu

Seems like most of the players that say that, dont play the game anyways. Or they quit before they hit the sufficient level

I quit vanilla because I had nobody to raid with.

Sure, I have a GAF account and can group up with folks here, but it's a very different world for the average person trying out Destiny. Don't underestimate how successful matchmaking would be in this game. It has worked fine in actual MMOs so I don't see why people here are against it. It's always better to have options than not.

zewone

Zew I would love to play with you and Trakan once for science but would inevitably be the guy at the bottom of the board, worthy of a joke post. :( Nice cloak btw.

Haha, no worries dude. The two of us are usually playing skirmish and always looking for a 3rd.

If you ever see us on, just shoot me a message.

phen0m24

Sure, I have a GAF account and can group up with folks here, but it's a very different world for the average person trying out Destiny. Don't underestimate how successful matchmaking would be in this game. It has worked fine in actual MMOs so I don't see why people here are against it. It's always better to have options than not.

I think the argument (summarizing) from most against it here is that if it were an option, and someone took it, used it, and then matchmade into a gaggle of d'bags - that that option would likely ruin the best part of the game for that first time raider, which would be most unfortunate.

lt519

Woohoo, Kyne and his girlfriend through Skolas and now Year One Triumphs! Great run, we got totally boned by mines appearing on both sides that one time but otherwise great teamwork and coordination. Captain control was great, they only snuck up on us a few times.

The next thing on Bungie's list should be matchmaking for end-game activities so we can have a gaming side thread that doesn't turn into a Raid matchmaking debate after 5 pages.

5 pages is generous! More like 5 posts..

edit: I got another elemental primary. So far nobody I've brought through has gotten a weapon and my drop rate is now something like 33%.

I agree 100%. If the answer is to lfg, why isn't there an lfg search built in then? How is having to go off site to find randoms anyway, better than matchmaking with good filters?

But it's hard to build, and its pretty clear these guys were strapped for time (not criticizing, shit happens in real life and work) so this isn't a priority. I think it's too bad, but maybe year 3? They gave themselves 10 years.

That said, anyone for poe 32? I want to collect armor cores!

phen0m24

Haha, no worries dude. The two of us are usually playing skirmish and always looking for a 3rd.

If you ever see us on, just shoot me a message.

I'm admittedly intimidated but will take you up on that! :) thx!

Woohoo, Kyne and his girlfriend through Skolas and now Year One Triumphs! Great run, we got totally boned by mines appearing on both sides that one time but otherwise great teamwork and coordination. Captain control was great, they only snuck up on us a few times.

5 pages is generous! More like 5 posts..

edit: I got another elemental primary. So far nobody I've brought through has gotten a weapon and my drop rate is now something like 33%.

You are awesome! Thanks lt! (Just realized there are 2 Lt's) hehe

return of the jedi this weekend maybe.
Do or do not. :p hahaha

Glad to hear it

Kyoufu

I think the argument (summarizing) from most against it here is that if it were an option, and someone took it, used it, and then matchmade into a gaggle of d'bags - that that option would likely ruin the best part of the game for that first time raider, which would be most unfortunate.

No different to grouping up with a gaggle of d'bags from LFG. I had plenty of bad experiences with LFG myself before begging DGAF to raid with me, heh.

phen0m24

No different to grouping up with a gaggle of d'bags from LFG. I had plenty of bad experiences with LFG myself before begging DGAF to raid with me, heh.

The opposers just don't want to lose good people to those miscreant types. Believe it or not, as much as we talk smack about this game, we seem to have some sort of mama bear protection racket going on with it. :)

maomaoIYP

I've had pretty good experiences so far with LFG for PoE and NF. Never tried asking for a raid group from there though. LFG for Trials is definitely horrible.

the difference between randoms in matchmaking and manually matchmaking randoms through LFG is the difference between heating up your food in the microwave and heating it up in the oven.

Yea it's the same food, but the one that took longer is probably going to taste better.

todd360

the different between randoms in matchmaking and randoms from LFG is the difference between heating up your food in the microwave and heating it up in the oven.

Yea it's the same food, but the one that took longer is probably going to taste better.

10/10

Analogy of the thread.

SnakeEyes

Banned
the difference between randoms in matchmaking and manually matchmaking randoms through LFG is the difference between heating up your food in the microwave and heating it up in the oven.

That's actually really well-put.

phen0m24

Clap. Clap. Clap.

10/10

Analogy of the thread.

Dude. You're a toddpole.

That's actually really well-put.

He is a Jedi wordsmith with a blue sniper rifl- I mean lightsaber.

Daigoro

how many Pest Control Matrix's can one man get from nightfalls consecutive weeks in a row?

how many i ask?

7, minimum. (ive actually lost track at this point, could easily be more over the last 4 weeks) im expecting more next week.

If that's the case (and it likely is), wouldn't it be feasible to have MM unlocked after you completed the raid 10 times?

Any player who has run the raid 10 times will be mostly competent. This ensures that everyone who is matchmaking for a Raid will have decent partners.

And you could still make it optional of course.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Would look better on a shirt.

Vb6xqvE.jpg

phen0m24

If that's the case (and it likely is), wouldn't it be feasible to have MM unlocked after you completed the raid 10 times?

Any player who has run the raid 10 times will be mostly competent. This ensures that everyone who is matchmaking for a Raid will have decent partners.

Very worthy compromise indeed.

Would look better on a shirt.

Kadey dear are you going to have the name of the clan maybe on the back like under the neck of the shirt or somewhere else? And possibly mention DGAF?

Not trying to be bossy or weird just asking/offering suggestions. Day 1 I'll buy one

we've been suggesting something like this for months but the raid debate still runs around in circles.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Very worthy compromise indeed.

Kadey dear are you going to have the name of the clan maybe on the back like under the neck of the shirt or somewhere else? And possibly mention DGAF?

Not trying to be bossy or weird just asking/offering suggestions. Day 1 I'll buy one

I could. I did design and did jackets for Team Sp00ky. Guys who streamed EVO and is the most well known FGC group.

7251539060_230aee1f0d_b.jpg

7251538850_1ac00736f7_b.jpg

doemaaan

sorry, stupid question here (probably)?

A friend of mine at work told me today that I can preorder the taken king digitally and that would allow me to play the two expansions I missed out on before the third expansion is released . Then when the taken King is released next month I could play that.

after a quick search, I can only find a legendary digital edition for $79. I don't want that. I want The $59 version that comes with everything digitally. Like the retail version that comes out next month.

any word on this situation? Or am I missing something? (Sorry for grammar, on phone. Talk to text)

phen0m24

I could. I did design and did jackets for Team Sp00ky. Guys who streamed EVO and is the most well known FGC group.

Snazzy! I was thinking similar to how the Nepal shirts were laid out, with the photo and text on the front and the I ♡ Bungie on the back to have

Team Sexy and then Shoot First Kiss Later placed kind of the same way.

Other potentially cool photos would be the silhouette of a Hunter going into either super at the height of their initial jump. Those are both ridiculously eye catching poses. :)

rNilla

sorry, stupid question here (probably)?

A friend of mine at work told me today that I can preorder the taken king digitally and that would allow me to play the two expansions I missed out on before the third expansion is released . Then when the taken King is released next month I could play that.

after a quick search, I can only find a legendary digital edition for $79. I don't want that. I want The $59 version that comes with everything digitally. Like the retail version that comes out next month.

any word on this situation? Or am I missing something? (Sorry for grammar, on phone. Talk to text)
Sadly a digital version of the $60 Legendary Edition does not currently exist. You can only preorder the physical one. If it does exist I'm guessing that won't be until 9/15 so they can continue to keep the current prices of everything for people that want to play now.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you guys have $13k laying around I could even design a Team SEXY rolex watch and have it made.

I could make a prototype Team SEXY jacket like that up there. Someone would have to be my tester.

Top Bottom