• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

NeOak

You could be the tester for the SEXY prototype jacket.
Sure

Edit: Shit, top of page...uhhhh

yAk0n8U.gif

FyreWulff

Been looking for this interview for awhile, its what got me sop hyped for this game in the first place. Wonder why the changed that kind of stuff, either way the game is really coming together nicely. Been playing non stop the last couple of weeks getting ready for TTK cant wait to level up Sunbreaker.

That was way back. They've always moved around locations/orders of stuff in Halo games pre-release, Destiny was no different.

Bungie still needs to address:
-Netcode
-Custom Games
-The ability to opt out of matchmaking. I hate doing a weekly with pre-made fireteam, only for 1 person to get booted for whatever reason, and they can't join back because it filled up.

Also, map voting for PvP.
Please no. Every game with map voting I played eventually ends with only the same 2 or 3 maps every time. Much prefer the diversity.

Virdix

That was way back. They've always moved around locations/orders of stuff in Halo games pre-release, Destiny was no different.

I was more referring to getting exotics and sweet loot from the end of strikes, like Thorn from a Dust Palace run for example. Which they've remedied with Dragon strikes giving guaranteed engrams and a chance for legendaries and exotics and looks like strike playlists are going to continue getting better in TTK.

Pat_DC

One thing that still seems to be missing in TTK (not a big deal) is sorting of weapons in your vault. As in just some sort of sorting options would be great (most powerful>weakest, rare>legendary, weapon type etc). More for the people with ocd so not a big one!

I really wish there was a legendary blueprint kiosk for all of the endgame content. It would be a great trophy-like system that would have less utility than the Exotic kiosk, obviously, but it would still be cool for the collectors like myself. I'm sure I am in the minority, but I would have been so psyched to see something like that.

No, yeah, now I want that too. I love organized visual representations of my collections like that. It would make me actually care about getting things like Praetorian Foil.

amar212

So, questions I would love to see answered because *reasons*:

1. What should I do with my Ascedant materials (both VoG/CE)?
2. What should I do with my Energy materials (both VoG/CE)?
3. What should I do with my Exotic Shards?
4. What should I do with my Vanguard/Crucible commendations?
5. What should I do with VoG/CE gear-raid sets?
6. What should I do with Exotics dupes that are sitting at the Postmaster?
7. What should I do with various ToO weapons that are sitting at the Postmaster?
8. What should I do with various Legendary-tier gear dupes that I hold in the vault because of their perks?
9. What is the purpose of running VoG/CE after TTK drops other than having fun?

Smh.

Sigh. That moment when you want to binge play for days but real life won't let you. I could not sit my ass in front of the TV until 0:00, surrounded by accoustic isolating material, tools and dirty underwear. Damn, I really want to do raiding, but this is like the worst vacations ever. I haven't even tried the Thunderlord yet.

T-0800

7. What should I do with various ToO weapons that are sitting at the Postmaster?
8. What should I do with various Legendary-tier gear dupes that I hold in the vault because of their perks?

Smh.

No one answer this until he gives up info on GT7. :)

Smh.

If you watch the video, it's more or less clear what to do :p

ocean

Banned

Glimmer
Glimmer
upgrading Exotics / rebuying via Blueprints
Dismantle in exchange for rep
For fun sounds plenty good enough though, reason we still play it today, won't change in a month.
Smh.
Skipped some I had no clue on. As for old Raids, I hope but seriously doubt they mix em up. Even if they don't though, nothing beats a good fresh Vault run.

Waldini

If anything ... that Tower-Walkthrough by Bungie raised even more questions.

Are some of the Year 1 Exotics really becoming redundant? I saw no Gjallarhorn Year 2 upgrade node.

... ugh. And those community questions? Goddamn that was so fucking bad. "Let's put Cozmo on a bench and have him answer questions ... you know what!? Let's just give him 5 questions to say out loud and that'll be that".

With Year 2 right around the corner you would've expected Bungie to actually UPDATE the VoG, Crota's End or PoE. Now, all that content which was released in DLC1/2 is becoming redundant. There's really no need to do them anymore.

TTK, 40$. Adding content for a hefty price and making all the old content redundant. Nah. Sorry Bungie. But you haven't made me throw money at my screen yet.

amar212

If you watch the video, it's more or less clear what to do :p

Well, no.

They didn't say a word about current "exchange"system.

When they shown the Speaker, we only saw CE shards there.

I have PILES of all those materials mentioned and I have no clue what to do with them.

I hope Weekly Report will tackle this tonight.

I should probably start converting everything to motes because I have 200.00 glimmer stored as Enemy Drops at my Titan and it seems that Motes will be most prescious material.

DAMN YOU XUR AND DAMN RAM AND PURIFIER ROBES (+1250 Motes spend for NOTHING).

/ rant ended

Also, what about damn Etheric Light? Any purpose for it when TTK dops?

Well, no.

They didn't say a word about current "exchange"system.

When they shown the Speaker, we only saw CE shards there.

I have PILES of all those materials mentioned and I have no clue what to do with them.

I hope Weekly Report will tackle this tonight.

I should probably start converting everything to motes because I have 200.00 glimmer stored as Enemy Drops at my Titan and it seems that Motes will be most prescious material.

DAMN YOU XUR AND DAMN RAM AND PURIFIER ROBES (+1250 Motes spend for NOTHING).

/ rant ended

Also, what about damn Etheric Light? Any purpose for it when TTK dops?

Any new raid drops can be dismantled into legendary mats, or consumed to upgrade the new legendary gear. Exotic shards are still needed to level up exotics and purchase blueprints.

As for the piles of ass mats, they didn't mention them specifically but I assume the glimmer-mote exchange economy will still be there.

Bungie still needs to address:
-Netcode
-Custom Games
-The ability to opt out of matchmaking. I hate doing a weekly with pre-made fireteam, only for 1 person to get booted for whatever reason, and they can't join back because it filled up.

Also, map voting for PvP.

The netcode is crumbling day by day. I can have a couple of good games, then a run where its impossible to kill people. though a lot of it is probably down to the fact that most people are running wireless and the PS4 wifi chip is crap.

They addressed custom games at gamescom, Laars said its not going to happen (yet)

Optional matchmaking is a must sometimes your just waiting on one person, in the time you spend waiting for them you can complete most of a strike for when they get on

Edit And I know i'm contradicting myself and yesterday said it was fun not knowing whats going to happen but, fix fucking Crota sometimes its late and you just want to get it done. He was pulling out all his tricks last night, including a new one (for me) where he took no damage on his enrage kneel

deadduck

Things I'm most interested in seeing:

1) improvements in PvP netcode (Netduma has helped)
2) lvl 40 versions of old raids (or remixed with taken)
3) Trials bounties and something post flawless
4) tournament Skirmish mode with no heavy and light levels enabled. A 6 man fire team gets split into two depending on faction allegiance.
5) clan list integrated in game with a tags 'looking for group for raid'

ocean

Banned
This game is super populated, but the matchmaking algorithm is completely bonkers. It tries to match something where connection and combat score are both weighed, but it fails on both counts. Matches are neither well-balanced by skill nor populated with a low latency lobby.

Then there's the fact that the lag compensation is c r a z y here. I've never seen a game, ever, where you trade kills so often. "We killed each other simultaneously" should really be a super rare thing.

Waldini

Well, I'm off TTK hype-train. Yesterdays stream left me gutted about the "change" in Exotics. The news that some Exotics would be left behind really "hurt" my feelings.

So much questions Bungie ... so little answers.

Crucible connections have been SHIT the last few days. Tradekills all over the place, Blinking Titans and Warlocks who pull a goddamn David Copperfield and teleport through walls. Radar going bonkers ... meh.

Klyka

Banned
Well, I'm off TTK hype-train. Yesterdays stream left me gutted about the "change" in Exotics. The news that some Exotics would be left behind really "hurt" my feelings.

So much questions Bungie ... so little answers.

It's really funny to me how upset people can get about some virtual items being changed.

On the exotics, did they actually say some weren't going forward? Deej is possibly the worst person ever to use as he hardly has any, hence why his exotic vault was empty

I'm betting he never even bought a Gjallahorn

Top Bottom