• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

doemaaan

Sadly a digital version of the $60 Legendary Edition does not currently exist. You can only preorder the physical one. If it does exist I'm guessing that won't be until 9/15 so they can continue to keep the current prices of everything for people that want to play now.
gotcha. spank you sir.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I regret dismantling the Dead Orbit scarf many months ago. The new cloak sucks compared to that. :(

Yes! I also regret crushing those old flowing scarfs. I luckily still have one of the crucible ones left but it's not as good as the Dead Orbit one I had.

Ryck

So I preordered TTK, have they mentioned how or when we will get these "preorder" Suros weapons? (Post, Gunsmith etc?)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
most people who visit Gaming don't look at the Community OTs. we're a minority. so of course, they want MM for their needs.

I still want Match Making for everything. I've been on GAF for years and years and have plenty of people on my friends list playing the game but I struggle with being very introverted lately.
I have almost spent more time doing solo patrols in this game than I have all other activities combined. And I've played over 2000 hours of Destiny.

phen0m24

I still want Match Making for everything. I've been on GAF for years and years and hahe plenty of people on my friends list playing the game but I struggle with being very introverted lately.
I have almost spent more time doing solo patrols in this game than I have all other activities combined. And I've played over 2000 hours of Destiny.
Patrol is more fun with friends, amigo

Sparrow racing
Teabag a dead friend's orb (to keep it warm - for science! )
How many dregs can you kill with one nade

At least getting the bounties done is so much faster with a fireteam, if for no other reason

GhaleonEB

The next thing on Bungie's list should be matchmaking for end-game activities so we can have a gaming side thread that doesn't turn into a Raid matchmaking debate after 5 pages.
I think we're going to get the next best thing: more/new endgame activities that feature matchmaking.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Patrol is more fun with friends, amigo

Sparrow racing
Teabag a dead friend's orb (to keep it warm - for science! )
How many dregs can you kill with one nade

At least getting the bounties done is so much faster with a fireteam, if for no other reason

Totally agree with you. I just wind up not doing it. Don't want to talk to people? Don't want to bother wearing a headset? No clue what the driving force is but it happens a lot. And matchmaking fixes it.

phen0m24

Totally agree with you. I just wind up not doing it. Don't want to talk to people? Don't want to bother wearing a headset? No clue what the driving force is but it happens a lot. And matchmaking fixes it.

If I see you I'll invite you. We can shoot the breeze as well as enemies. :) And make fun of my horribleness at pvp

shermas

How's Skolas this week? Still need the 35 PoE for my Year 1 deal... thinking of giving it a shot tomorrow. Have to use LFG.

Rehsa

anybody for a NF run?
need a last one on my cheeselock.

rasengan1337

Thanks for the quick NFs!

Thanks for the light sorry I didnt do anything.
LOL perfect timing man! right as he was going down, the210 joining :)

So Kaz brought up a good point, not sure if anyone talked about this because the thread went light speed, but if you max out your Exotic weapons, are they then maxed when you pull them out of the collection? Or is that why they put the exotic perks up front now, so when you have to re-level them all you aren't as salty?

Thanks for the light sorry I didnt do anything.
lol, glad you joined in time to get something. :)

So Kaz brought up a good point, not sure if anyone talked about this because the thread went light speed, but if you max out your Exotic weapons, are they then maxed when you pull them out of the collection? Or is that why they put the exotic perks up front now, so when you have to re-level them all you aren't as salty?
thanks for joining, and thanks for posting the question. like i said while we were playing, i wasn't sure if the question had arisen in the thread, as fast as it's moving, i didn't have the time to catch up and read. :)

NeOak

I could. I did design and did jackets for Team Sp00ky. Guys who streamed EVO and is the most well known FGC group.

7251539060_230aee1f0d_b.jpg

7251538850_1ac00736f7_b.jpg

want

FyreWulff

https://youtu.be/YClPCoRGeL8?t=2334

Year 1 exotics have to be leveled, only the Year 2 versions start off with their perk.

FyreWulff

so then it doesn't really "resolve" vault issues, as we'll still need to keep 1 leveled year1 exotic around if we want to still use it.

That's what the regular Vault is for.

The Blueprints mechanism is supposed to let people that want to collect exotics (see also: Kadey's vault screenshots) do so, but not have to hope they RNG them again if they want them back later. It streamlines your inventory. Don't have to be all "i don't like this gun.. buuuuut i'm not sure if it'll be top of the meta in a month, so I'm afraid to delete it". You can just delete it now, and then quickly relevel it if you want it again. It's like having a guaranteed Xur inventory now.

Actually letting people 'collect' everything should reduce a lot of anxiety over sharding stuff.

Bungie still needs to address:
-Netcode
-Custom Games
-The ability to opt out of matchmaking. I hate doing a weekly with pre-made fireteam, only for 1 person to get booted for whatever reason, and they can't join back because it filled up.

Also, map voting for PvP.

Raybunny

The collection as I see and as I understood is like a storefront. you unlock the weapons. If for some reason you deleted one, You have the chance to get it again but! You surely need to level it.

Anyone up for a strike using the same clan tag? need that trophy.

GhaleonEB

That's what the regular Vault is for.

The Blueprints mechanism is supposed to let people that want to collect exotics (see also: Kadey's vault screenshots) do so, but not have to hope they RNG them again if they want them back later. It streamlines your inventory. Don't have to be all "i don't like this gun.. buuuuut i'm not sure if it'll be top of the meta in a month, so I'm afraid to delete it". You can just delete it now, and then quickly relevel it if you want it again.

Additional side benefits: duping an exotic to your other alts; if you or some one else deletes your gear/character, you get your exotics back.

I really wish there was a legendary blueprint kiosk for all of the endgame content. It would be a great trophy-like system that would have less utility than the Exotic kiosk, obviously, but it would still be cool for the collectors like myself. I'm sure I am in the minority, but I would have been so psyched to see something like that.

Homeboyd

I really wish there was a legendary blueprint kiosk for all of the endgame content. It would be a great trophy-like system that would have less utility than the Exotic kiosk, obviously, but it would still be cool for the collectors like myself. I'm sure I am in the minority, but I would have been so psyched to see something like that.
Yeah a raid kiosk would help me shard this fatebringer and vision for sure. I prob won't for a long time otherwise (if ever). Yep, I know they're useless now and will only become more and more useless.

Frenden

Banned
Yeah a raid kiosk would help me shard this fatebringer and vision for sure. I prob won't for a long time otherwise (if ever). Yep, I know they're useless now and will only become more and more useless.
Fatebringer puts in surprising work in Control playlists where enemies are bunched on a point. One good headshot is like a mini-super. I was bored the other day and was screwing around with it.

The TTK is nowhere near as good as exotic hand cannons, but the Firefly proc is amazing. And funny.

Virdix

Bungie said:
Whooshing to Mars, the pair finds “the bones of a lost human civilization.” It’s “an ancient city,” Staten detailed. “Buried in sand. The precious remains of a golden age.” Here to prevent you from reaching any of the literal gold that’s rumored to lie beneath the ruins of the Dust Palace are the Sand Eaters, a group of massive, armored rhino-esque creatures known as the Cabal.

A shootout soon turns ugly for Staten’s Warlock and Jones’s Vanguard. Fortunately, a mysterious female player – rocking a Hunter class – speeds in on the very Ghost-like Pike vehicle and helps turn the tide thanks to her unique weapon, dubbed “The Fate of All Fools.” The battle was won thanks to invisible, behind-the-scenes matchmaking that linked the players – think of it as the next evolutionary phase of Bungie’s groundbreaking hopper technology that served as the online backbone for every Halo game starting with 2.

“Every time you run into another player, it’s amazing,” Staten exclaimed. “It just doesn’t happen in other shooters.”

The two of them are now three, and the trio plumbs the depths of the Dust Palace, reaches Charlemagne’s Vault, and Staten scores a new pistol. Like the Huntress’s sidearm, it too has a custom name: “Thorn,” a fitting description for a 45-caliber hand cannon. With this outing complete, the Hunter leaves just as quickly and quietly as she arrived.

Been looking for this interview for awhile, its what got me sop hyped for this game in the first place. Wonder why the changed that kind of stuff, either way the game is really coming together nicely. Been playing non stop the last couple of weeks getting ready for TTK cant wait to level up Sunbreaker.

Rehsa

The collection as I see and as I understood is like a storefront. you unlock the weapons. If for some reason you deleted one, You have the chance to get it again but! You surely need to level it.

Anyone up for a strike using the same clan tag? need that trophy.

Yeah so that makes sense

Top Bottom