• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

bitsurugi

Just read the 30+ pages since the reveal up till now.....

.... maaaaaaan, my eyes hurt, you guys wrote so much :D

This OT will soon be gone, new reveal is in 1 week, so....

Also, am super duper hyped for the TTK.

Did NOT like:

- that they are buffing the Necrochasm in 2.0, only to leave it behind as a y1 only weapon :/

- no elemental burn on new 2.0 exotic primaries

- no more buying of planet mats from vendors (not confirmed, but most likely)

- armor perks should be even more diverse (also not yet confirmed)

- the mess around DO/DO NOT dismantle y1 legendaries. As far as i could tell, besides regular pvp, they should be trivial and useless in y2, dismantling later on does not cheat the system

- kinda low legendary mark cap (one weapon engram is 135). Considering you get around 10 legendary mark per activity (shown in the teaser they got 10 marks at the end); weapons look pricy and expensive so far (13.5 activities per 1 legendary primary - from Cryptarch).

Klyka

Banned
Just read the 30+ pages since the reveal up till now.....

.... maaaaaaan, my eyes hurt, you guys wrote so much :D

This OT will soon be gone, new reveal is in 1 week, so....

Also, am super duper hyped for the TTK.

Did NOT like:

- that they are buffing the Necrochasm in 2.0, only to leave it behind as a y1 only weapon :/

- no elemental burn on new 2.0 exotic primaries

- no more buying of planet mats from vendors (not confirmed, but most likely)

- armor perks should be even more diverse (also not yet confirmed)

- the mess around DO/DO NOT dismantle y1 legendaries. As far as i could tell, besides regular pvp, they should be trivial and useless in y2, dismantling later on does not cheat the system

- kinda low legendary mark cap (one weapon engram is 135). Considering you get around 10 legendary mark per activity (shown in the teaser they got 10 marks at the end); weapons look pricy and expensive so far (13.5 activities per 1 legendary primary - from Cryptarch).

They didn't show the Vanguard Quartermaster. I am 99% postivie we can still buy mats from him for legendary marks.

What's the best way to farm glimmer?

You can actually solo glimmer farm at Normal or Hard Gatekeepers really well since the shotgun buff. Rock double shotties w Universal Remote and go crazy on those Vex Majors. Warlock Sunsinger is also good for fusion grenades and self res.

Edit: exclusion zone farming is a dirty little nightmare from which you will never wake up.

Thanks for the feedback on Light, that's basically exactly what I was hoping (making it granular instead of these huge jumps between levels). Now the only thing I'm hoping is they won't make enemies way above our Light cap. Never again, please.

grr i can't sleep. would rather be playing destiny. the soundtrack is giving me feels

actually i want to play Bungie's last game, but i don't have my 360.

Klyka

Banned
Thanks for the feedback on Light, that's basically exactly what I was hoping (making it granular instead of these huge jumps between levels). Now the only thing I'm hoping is they won't make enemies way above our Light cap. Never again, please.

I feel since so far all we heard was that content has "recommended" light level, we will only ver see that number and never what the enemies actually have.

So say the Oryx raid says "recommended light level : 300" it could still mean some or all enemies there have 350 light stats,we just would never be able to tell.

The stream just said that the light score is an average of all your attack and defense scores. Unfortunately they haven't really said anything about how your light level, versus content light level, affects damage.

They also haven't really explained how this new system fits back into the old one. E.g. will a new-style level 34 still have the 30% damage penalty against a 35 skolas? Does that penalty go away when they reach an XP-based level 35?

Or will all the levels be re-branded with their equivalent new light level? E.g. VoG hard was based on having 300ATK weapons (and I can't remember the armour defense value but say that was 400) HOWEVER these are now re-scored as 170 (and say 200). That means VoG hard has a target light level of (3*170+4*200)/7 = 187.

Then they could use the new damage modifier rule on your new light level compared to that re-rated VoG Hard level.

Was that a later change? My Titan got his Chest and Gauntlets from the abyss.

Either way I've run the entire raid multiple times since the Abyss Launch era and never got boots, so if I had depending on that raid to get me to 32, I'd be boned :v

Your Titan got his Chest from the Bridge :p

It's always been like that. Only drops they changed were moving the exotic weapon and CE class item chance to DSinger, and adding a low chance of helmet drops to Normal Crota.

I feel since so far all we heard was that content has "recommended" light level, we will only ver see that number and never what the enemies actually have.

So say the Oryx raid says "recommended light level : 300" it could still mean some or all enemies there have 350 light stats,we just would never be able to tell.

Hmm that's a good point, the footage I've seen has still only shown the enemy level next to their name/health bar but not their "light."

We could figure out rough Light numbers just based on comparing the hit markers we get to enemies of the same type and level. Hard to say... Still so many questions!

grr i can't sleep. would rather be playing destiny. the soundtrack is giving me feels

actually i want to play Bungie's last game, but i don't have my 360.

Want to share play my account for Rumble wins? There's one million Boguester Bucks* in it for you...

*Boguster Bucks have no monetary value IRL

Want to share play my account for Rumble wins? There's one million Boguester Bucks* in it for you...

*Boguster Bucks have no monetary value IRL

tumblr_m6mzrs0OOl1rr7c36.gif

that's actually not a bad idea. will shareplay work if i don't have PS+?

that's actually not a bad idea. will shareplay work if i don't have PS+?

Lol that gif. I have no idea, never used it before. Maybe someone around here knows.

The stream just said that the light score is an average of all your attack and defense scores. Unfortunately they haven't really said anything about how your light level, versus content light level, affects damage.

They also haven't really explained how this new system fits back into the old one. E.g. will a new-style level 34 still have the 30% damage penalty against a 35 skolas? Does that penalty go away when they reach an XP-based level 35?

Or will all the levels be re-branded with their equivalent new light level? E.g. VoG hard was based on having 300ATK weapons (and I can't remember the armour defense value but say that was 400) HOWEVER these are now re-scored as 170 (and say 200). That means VoG hard has a target light level of (3*170+4*200)/7 = 187.

Then they could use the new damage modifier rule on your new light level compared to that re-rated VoG Hard level.

Hmmmmmmm the plot thickens! The bolded part is the main thing I want to know. The old Light level system was such a poorly designed mess I'm really hoping they've actually improved it instead of just renaming it. I'm still optimistic but given their PR I don't expect to understand it until I get my hands on TTK. These clarifications require an attention to detail and intimate knowledge of the games' systems that we won't get from marketing/PR hype.

ocean

Banned
With a physical copy of Destiny in hand he could just sign in to your account and play.

If these are digital copies it's a little trickier with primary/secondary consoles etc

DryvBy

Like... yeah. I'm glad i invested the time before but this is really going to be hard to put down again. Amazing update.

Lol that gif. I have no idea, never used it before. Maybe someone around here knows.

Hmmmmmmm the plot thickens! The bolded part is the main thing I want to know. The old Light level system was such a poorly designed mess I'm really hoping they've actually improved it instead of just renaming it. I'm still optimistic but given their PR I don't expect to understand it until I get my hands on TTK. These clarifications require an attention to detail and intimate knowledge of the games' systems that we won't get from marketing/PR hype.

You both need PS+ to share play and god tier internet to make it a viable proposition (in my experience)

Agree with the rest, Bungie have really just given us superficial info. With the important stuff the proof will be in the pudding

ocean

Banned
Well my copy is physical fwiw.

mine too. i'm the sucker that bought the ghost edition.
1. Ghost edition envy.
2. You can't shareplay without PS+
3. Assuming you're both comfortable with it I don't think anything prevents you from signing in as Drizz on your PS then loading up your disc-based Destiny copy, playing with his account and PS+ subscription

Rumble hype, yo

You both need PS+ to share play and god tier internet to make it a viable proposition (in my experience)

mine too. i'm the sucker that bought the ghost edition.

So he couldn't share play but he could sign into my account and play as much as he wanted that way, even without PS+?

If that works and you wanted to Zoba, I can PM my login info. I trust you to not Kermit The Frog me :)

Rumble hype, yo

Lol yeah, sounds like a win-win to me. Wouldn't be the first time I shared PS login info w a DGAFer anyway.

200 marks cap split over 3 characters aint really all that great.
Wont this mean that we have to go to tower a lot seeing you will get marks from basically everything you do now, nightfall, weekly, strikes, daily, cruciable. They made it so we didnt have to load up tower all the time to return bounties..

400 would be a better cap IMO.

Is there a list of what Exotic weapons that will be upgraded for TTK?

Klyka

Banned
I hope you are right.

Bear in mind that most of this is still marked as speculation, we can't know for sure.

Well,so far they haven't removed anything.

The gunsmith even still has the reforging option for year 1 weapons that support it.
I really don't see them removing buying mats with marks,seeing how you can use marks for basically everything else.

So he couldn't share play but he could sign into my account and play as much as he wanted that way, even without PS+?

If that works and you wanted to Zoba, I can PM my login info. I trust you to not Kermit The Frog me :)

Yep, he could do that. It will also save you from being harassed by 12yr olds :)

872FDBm.gif

hlU5QjW.gif

i'd be streaming it anyway :p will think of something later

Zoidberg

I hope you are right.

Bear in mind that most of this is still marked as speculation, we can't know for sure.

They didn't show the vanguard quartermaster, but they did show his crucible counterpart, whatever that robot is called. He didn't have planetary exchange, where he does now. Unless it's a vanguard specific thing, I'd say the exchange is going.

Overall I'm happy with the reveal. Exotics I'm not fussed by, there was no way every exotic was going to go forward for the next 9 years. If they did, by the time Destiny gets into the last expansion there will be 100+ exotic weapons to balance content around and constantly update when buffs/nerfs occur for their weapon class. That would be a mess to maintain...

Yep, he could do that. It will also save you from being harassed by 12yr olds :)

Haha yeah good point. If you get any messages from children or anyone asking for a Skolas carry, just ignore them Zoba...

i'd be streaming it anyway :p will think of something tomorrow

Lol do you have an enormous file of saved gifs? Where do you get this stuff?

Anyway, just shoot me a PM whenever if you want the info.

deoee

Haha yeah good point. If you get any messages from children or anyone asking for a Skolas carry, just ignore them Zoba...

Wait you don't have a gaf-gif-folder? :eek:

ocean

Banned

Now your perfect gear trove of every exotic and God rolled legendary will be complemented with the finest selection of White and Blue quality snipers. Get hyped.

deadduck

I wanna see Zoba playing rumble!

I'm also envious because I hate rumble, but want the grimoire.

Anyone know what time TTK unlocks? TDB was 9am GMT with daylight savings like nightfalls but if its 10am bungie time like Trials, we're looking at 6pm GMT.

Not that I'm planning on booking time off work to play it or anything.

Nodnol

So I've kinda been MIA with Destiny for a while. Popped back on over the week to finally get Gally, and well....

TTK seems awesome, the changes look promising etc etc.

Do we know how much actual content there is? Only thing stopping me diving back in.

ocean

Banned
So I've kinda been MIA with Destiny for a while. Popped back on over the week to finally get Gally, and well....

TTK seems awesome, the changes look promising etc etc.

Do we know how much actual content there is? Only thing stopping me diving back in.
Biggest yet raid
8 Crucuble maps
2 Crucuble modes
4 new strikes
A few old strikes remixed to reflect change in game world
More guns and amor than base game had
1 new patrol area
Several hours long story arc

Wait you don't have a gaf-gif-folder? :eek:

I do, but it's almost exclusively used to save gifs I've made for DGAF. I don't have variety like some of the crazy characters around here.

I "WTF?" so damn hard when those kids suddenly joined our party and were all "YO DRIZZ DRIZZ LET'S DO TRIALS DRIZZ!"

Lol dude, it happens quite a bit. That kid had been asking for awhile and I kept putting it off but he remembered all the days I'd told him I couldn't play. "You said on Friday then you said Sunday then you said Monday...." I felt bad, especially when he was like "I try to use LFG but everyone ditches me when they hear my voice."

I try to help as much as I can but sometimes it gets painful, especially Trials with the heated competition. I'm looking forward to sherpa'ing a lot of TTK raids as a change of pace, if it actually lives up to VoG.

I hope we see a lot more shaders and gear that you only can get if you have played over a certain amount of hours, got over a certain amounts of kills in a single cruciable match etc. stuff like that makes a player stand out and become more unique.

Dont understand why Bungie have not yet done this. It´s so easy and the player base would be very happy

oh flawless. Thanks BYE!

Lol, holy shit dude. All I could do was laugh at that point. That's part of what makes it painful sometimes though, that people like that have no idea about the effort you're putting in to help them. It was easy for them so it's just like "well, that was easy for everyone I'm sure!"

ocean

Banned
I want to see/hear the upgrades to Trials (I will probably only want to wear Trials 2.0 gear)
Changes I'd like in Trials:

- Full map rotation to avoid map burnout
- Swap spawn points between rounds to compensate for slight unbalances in map balance
- Let me earn rep while playing, like any other Crucible mode
- Chuck in some additional, not too large but nice, reward for going "truly" flawless (boonless 9-0)
- add an Engram option of sorts. I you're grinding for something specific, like HC+Heavy+Int/Dis gauntlets, 1 roll a week isn't nearly enough. Let me buy rolls like Xur exotic engrams. So like an Exile Gauntlet Engram for 20 Motes so I can fish for the roll i want. Yeah not happening :p

Falifax

Lol, holy shit dude. All I could do was laugh at that point. That's part of what makes it painful sometimes though, that people like that have no idea about the effort you're putting in to help them. It was easy for them so it's just like "well, that was easy for everyone I'm sure!"

Part of me died when we had to delete our passages after 8 wins

and then run it again...

Top Bottom