• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

deoee

Got The Truth from NF :eek:

@Boguester

My Gif folder fills up all the time browsing regular gaming gaf.
The last 2 weeks were a gold mine :D SO many great threads.

Nodnol

Biggest yet raid
8 Crucuble maps
2 Crucuble modes
4 new strikes
A few old strikes remixed to reflect change in game world
More guns and amor than base game had
1 new patrol area
Several hours long story arc

Whelp.

Between ESO and Destiny, I will basically become a hermit for the autumn and winter.

Lol, holy shit dude. All I could do was laugh at that point. That's part of what makes it painful sometimes though, that people like that have no idea about the effort you're putting in to help them. It was easy for them so it's just like "well, that was easy for everyone I'm sure!"

lol, I've had a few like that. Sherpaing a flawless is draining esp if you run the abyss solo, last over on the bridge directing people/order etc, then run sword. Then for whatever reason have to do it all again

I'm usually mentally fucked unless its a perfect first run

God knows how you deal with Trials begging, Skolas and flawless runs

Jezehbell

lGpvvTO.gif

So good.

noomi

I don't understand these new attack values for year 1 exotics. I know they tried to explain it, but it went right over my head.

Why was the ghorn in the exotic blueprint vault at 160attack?

deoee

I don't understand these new attack values for year 1 exotics. I know they tried to explain it, but it went right over my head.

Because this attack value is modified with your light amount and someone earlier did the math assuming old exotics do 160 and new 280 dmg if you have max light you'll do:

266 dmg with y1 exotics
280 dmg with y2 exotics

Something like that

GutZ31

Everything has been reworked to accommodate the new light system.

Weapons and gear all together determine your light level by the defence and attack values they hold.

It looks like 160 is the new translation of 365 Attack.

noomi

Because this attack value is modified with your light amount and someone earlier did the math assuming old exotics do 160 and new 280 dmg if you have max light you'll do:

266 dmg with y1 exotics
280 dmg with y2 exotics

Something like that

Everything has been reworked to accommodate the new light system.

Weapons and gear all together determine your light level by the defence and attack values they hold.

It looks like 160 is the new translation of 365 Attack.

Ahh I see, so our light level now has a direct effect on the damage output we do with weapons? That's cool! Thanks for the explanation :)

Klyka

Banned

they just lowered the numbers across the board to stop them from going stupid high for no reason.

Sadetar

Oh you fine sexy folks, if you happen to have free time in your hands, PS4 and a mic that you are not afraid to use, hit me ( gamertag Taistelumurmeli) up for some good time.

In wondering if there's a baseline stat for repurchased exotics. I know most of us get armor pieces and trash them if we get a better roll so most, if not my exotics are at max int/dis/str. I don't plan to shard what I have, but the thought comes to mind.

Wallach

They basically just readjusted the base value of attack on weapons so that it roughly matched the equivalent base value of defense for armor pieces at the same item level. It's mostly to do with weapons now contributing to your overall Light level (along with all the other slots) instead of just armor in TTK, so it made sense to have their values more in line with armor pieces if they're roughly equivalent in their Light contribution. It makes it more intuitive to look at a new drop from either category and easily be able to tell roughly what "tier" it falls in. For example most players likely know at a glance that a 365 attack weapon is the max level for a weapon, but couldn't tell you whether a 451 defense helm is maxed out or not without looking at some other stat on the item (because you've really had no incentive to remember that number up to this point). Since Light is not actually listed on items anymore, this needed to be more intuitive.

It doesn't mean anything in terms of how much damage a weapon does; the calculation for attack will change along with the base attack values so nothing will change in terms of how attack effects damage dealt vs varying enemy levels.

Just read the 30+ pages since the reveal up till now.....

.... maaaaaaan, my eyes hurt, you guys wrote so much :D

This OT will soon be gone, new reveal is in 1 week, so....

Also, am super duper hyped for the TTK.

Did NOT like:

- that they are buffing the Necrochasm in 2.0, only to leave it behind as a y1 only weapon :/

- no elemental burn on new 2.0 exotic primaries

- no more buying of planet mats from vendors (not confirmed, but most likely)

- armor perks should be even more diverse (also not yet confirmed)

- the mess around DO/DO NOT dismantle y1 legendaries. As far as i could tell, besides regular pvp, they should be trivial and useless in y2, dismantling later on does not cheat the system

- kinda low legendary mark cap (one weapon engram is 135). Considering you get around 10 legendary mark per activity (shown in the teaser they got 10 marks at the end); weapons look pricy and expensive so far (13.5 activities per 1 legendary primary - from Cryptarch).
They've shown two new primaries with elemental: The No Time To Explain pulse rifle and lightning auto rifle are both arc.

They've shown two new primaries with elemental: The No Time To Explain pulse rifle and lightning auto rifle are both arc.

Since Bungie hosed us by running Small Arms/Lightswitch again, I'm guessing your buddy wants to do Skolas next week? Or is he still looking to run it tonight? Doesn't matter much to me, just let me know what you want to do.

noomi

Going to watch the planet destiny recap to try and make sure I understand everything, and don't miss any details.

I know there is a lot of talk about leaving certain exotics behind, but it hasn't been confirmed which ones are not coming to year 2 specifically, has it? I thought it was just speculation at this point.... Even if some exotics don't make it through the first pass into year 2, it might be possible that at some point down the line the will be brought over.

Since Bungie hosed us by running Small Arms/Lightswitch again, I'm guessing your buddy wants to do Skolas next week? Or is he still looking to run it tonight? Doesn't matter much to me, just let me know what you want to do.
He's still planning on trying tonight. Times running short and with the newborn, he doesn't get a lot of windows. What do you think?

Speaking of montages, i just realized that i have all of the clips to my first Gunslinger montage on my USB drive still. The original video files got deleted, so i think i'm going to remix it and throw together some old clips + the new ones I've had lying around. Call it a year one sendoff.

SOON

Nuszka

Going to watch the planet destiny recap to try and make sure I understand everything, and don't miss any details.

I know there is a lot of talk about leaving certain exotics behind, but it hasn't been confirmed which ones are not coming to year 2 specifically, has it? I thought it was just speculation at this point.... Even if some exotics don't make it through the first pass into year 2, it might be possible that at some point down the line the will be brought over.

Watched that recap this morning. Recommend it. They did say even if your weapon was not treated to 2.0 upgrade it might be in the future. I see those ads for the new dlc post tTK like Mega Ghorn coming with new treatment.

noomi

Something I'm also curious about...

I have had warlock exotics armor pieces drop, which I dismantled immediately (yeah I know...), because I didn't have them need for them or any space to spare in the vault.

I wonder if the game will know "Hey... he had that drop and it was in his inventory at some point... so now it's unlocked in the exotic blueprint vault"

Probably not though :(

We're assuming the exotics shown in the stream are the one's carrying over. Especially based on Deej's statement that the ones you own that have year 2 versions will automatically show up and he had all year 1 exotic weapons unlocked. It shouldn't be that much of a work in progress at this point, so they were showing us final product. I bet they'll reintroduce rebalanced old exotics as time goes on to rekindle interest.

That's fine. I may recruit an experienced 3rd instead of running two newbies but it's not a big deal. We can roll as planned.
Icon was going to be the third. I wouldn't have planned on another noob either. He will also be recording it. If you had someone stronger in mind though...

Klyka

Banned
That Bannerfall map... are they hinting that we'll lose the Tower as a social space at some point during TTK?

No,it's a different tower. You can see multiple towers in the distance when you look at the city from our tower.

This one was used by new monarchy and another faction that is now defunct.

ocean

Banned
Actually buoying the Messenger in PvP. Unbelievable.

Still feel I'm screwed in close range, can't respond like I do with TLW.

ocean

Banned
Speaking of montages, i just realized that i have all of the clips to my first Gunslinger montage on my USB drive still. The original video files got deleted, so i think i'm going to remix it and throw together some old clips + the new ones I've had lying around. Call it a year one sendoff.

SOON
Throwing knife hype yisss

Vanguard / Cruciable commendations.

I have a bunch of these not used. anyone know what will happen to them? Shall I use them now or wait till TTK drops?

ocean

Banned
Don't expect too many crucible improvements. Lars said in that GI video that we shouldn't take the crucible seriously. Kappa.
Reducing orb generation in Crucible is a fantastic change though, specially in 6v6.

Right now, momentum carried too hard in a Control or Clash match. A slight edge in the first third of the match leads to first supers, with orbs chaining into more supers...increasing the gap between the scores, and it just snowballs from there.

Between this and the weapon balance (Thorn double tap: you will not be missed, die and disappear forever kthxbye), it should be a little better. Sadly, none of these problems are as serious as the truly, painfully frustrating ones: namely sloppy matchmaking leading to laggy lobbies and an extremely smooth (and thus inaccurate) lag compensation system which leads to baffling trades and issues with hit detection.

We're assuming the exotics shown in the stream are the one's carrying over. Especially based on Deej's statement that the ones you own that have year 2 versions will automatically show up and he had all year 1 exotic weapons unlocked. It shouldn't be that much of a work in progress at this point, so they were showing us final product. I bet they'll reintroduce rebalanced old exotics as time goes on to rekindle interest.

Negative ghostrider, he had a handful unlocked. For instance, we have seen what looks like Bad Juju 2.0 in the reveal trailer, and Hawkmoon 2.0, but the test character that Deej was using didn't have those weapons so the 2.0 versions didn't appear.

Lnkn52

Something I'm also curious about...

I have had warlock exotics armor pieces drop, which I dismantled immediately (yeah I know...), because I didn't have them need for them or any space to spare in the vault.

I wonder if the game will know "Hey... he had that drop and it was in his inventory at some point... so now it's unlocked in the exotic blueprint vault"

Probably not though :(

Bungie keeps telling us to no dismantle anything. I'm guessing the mechanic of the system knowing which exotic gear you have acquired is not in play yet.

noomi

Finally saw some gameplay from a montage of the new subclasses. Can't wait to rock that Sunbreaker for my Titan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPYlGzZXPvA

Awesome.... so awesome....

needs ore hunter though :p

I have a bunch of these not used. anyone know what will happen to them? Shall I use them now or wait till TTK drops?

Right now, they just give you some rep towards either faction, I would assume the same would still happen after TTK hits.

ocean

Banned
Btw they said our current marks will be converted into Commendations. I really, really doubt it'll be 1:1 though or we'll start with 1,200 Commendations on day 1.

If it's 100 rep per sharded commendation, and 2,500 per rank, 1,200 Commendations would mean sitting on 48 rank level ups, which is insane :p

4:1 maybe?

Right now, they just give you some rep towards either faction, I would assume the same would still happen after TTK hits.

Yeah but using them now, ranking up Vanguard or a faction give me Packages at the postmaster that can have legendaries in them...

So better to wait and use them after TTK so I can get NEW legendaries as I rank the Faction/ vanguard...

UNLESS bungie is a bunch of A holes and have figured out that people can do this and somehow just turns these Vanguard/Cruciable Commendations into something else.

Deku Tree

Hi DGAF!

Anyone make an imgur gallery of screen grabs from yesterday's reveal?

Do we know what will be the conversion rate of old marks to commendations?

Thx!

I'd wait. They will likely give the same rep gain as before (Luke tweeted that Yr1 stuff will still dismantle into the same things in Year 2). But you can get faction packages in TTK that will give you new Legendary gear, instead of getting Motes or old gear now.

The only catch is that you have to pledge allegiance to a single faction for a week at a time, so you couldn't spread the rep around quickly once TTK launches. You could use them now to get your rep close to ranking up for each faction but you'll still have to wait to rank up all the different factions once TTK starts.

ocean

Banned

They give rep when you shard them, and still will come TTK.

That said: currently you get either faction rep or V/C rep. After 2.0, yiull gain Vanguard / Crucible rep on top of the Faction rep.

So you'll get twice as much from it if you wait :)

Top Bottom