• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Negative ghostrider, he had a handful unlocked. For instance, we have seen what looks like Bad Juju 2.0 in the reveal trailer, and Hawkmoon 2.0, but the test character that Deej was using didn't have those weapons so the 2.0 versions didn't appear.
Hawkmoon 2.0 was there.

Also he had ALL year one exotic weapons unlocked.

Omni

I'm actually really liking the Nepal shader. It looks so awesome

MCqQlR.png

noomi

Congrats to the latest Guardian Lords! Please make sure to refresh the OP to view the changes.

Lnkn, I'm so close man...... SO CLOSE.... half way done with my Warlock subclass already, should have my plat by the end of this week.

itshappening.gif

Hawkmoon 2.0 was there.

Also he had ALL year one exotic weapons unlocked.

Hawkmoon 2.0 is all that matters, the.... MEGAMOON

Mupod

so now I've got 3 different exotic bounties eating up space (bad juju, invective, pocket infinity) and now I'm wondering if I should save 'em for the expansion to see what happens. It's not like I've had time to work on them. Bounties are already annoying enough, it sucks having 3 slots eaten up because these require Xur or 700 million kills in a Nightfall with a fusion rifle or something.

Either way they aren't my priority. This weekend my plan was to finish off my Triumphs (Skolas and Crota HM) but I really really want that Messenger on the Osiris vendor...

Lnkn52

Seeing all these new Destiny Girl streamers, do you think being good at PvP will impress them to earn a date with them? Kappa

Or how big my k/d is?

I'd wait. They will likely give the same rep gain as before (Luke tweeted that Yr1 stuff will still dismantle into the same things in Year 2). But you can get faction packages in TTK that will give you new Legendary gear, instead of getting Motes or old gear now.

The only catch is that you have to pledge allegiance to a single faction for a week at a time, so you couldn't spread the rep around quickly once TTK launches. You could use them now to get your rep close to ranking up for each faction but you'll still have to wait to rank up all the different factions once TTK starts.

Yeah I would wait and try to spam one faction through a few levels in one week rather than
three factions one level each over 3 weeks...but a lot of that would depend on how much you can play per week

ocean

Banned
So I've been 365'ing all my stuff, even the ones I don't use. Just as a nice send off to year 1.

Still have 6 Exotics which require 25 Weapon Parts each for Ascension. And my stock has gone from thousands pre-HoW to 7.

I have 7 weapon parts.

Damn you Gunsmith!!!!!! Ash Factory cost me my soul.

noomi

So I've been 365'ing all my stuff, even the ones I don't use. Just as a nice send off to year 1.

Still have 6 Exotics which require 25 Weapon Parts each for Ascension. And my stock has gone from thousands pre-HoW to 7.

I have 7 weapon parts.

Same here man, I spent about 1,500 weapon parts myself. Have been building up my supply for TTK though.

Would be nice if there was an exchange from class mat > weapon part. I have nearly 6K sapphire wire :eek:

Tjamato88

Holy crap it took me forever to beat the Heroic Story mission last night. I freaking hate that Crota mission.

Also two bounty questions I've got the one complete a strike without dying and the one where you have to melee kill the exploding thralls. Any good strikes to attempt the first one on and where should I go to find a whole bunch of exploding thralls? Does my throwing knife with my Gunslinger count as a melee kill?

E92 M3

I have 7 weapon parts.

Why, that sounds like a waste? Even when Destiny first came out, I only maxed out the most important weapons. Save your stuff man!

ocean

Banned
Holy crap it took me forever to beat the Heroic Story mission last night. I freaking hate that Crota mission.

Also two bounty questions I've got the one complete a strike without dying and the one where you have to melee kill the exploding thralls. Any good strikes to attempt the first one on and where should I go to find a whole bunch of exploding thralls? Does my throwing knife with my Gunslinger count as a melee kill?
Strike without dying is easy if you just pick it from the map. Devil's Lair is like a level 8 Strike, you can't die there :p an you'll usually be matched with other high level peeps doing the same bounty so it goes quick.

As for melee Exploding thrall: throwing knife does not count.

However: if you die the count resets. But any items left on the floor from dead thrall will be there when you respawn. So just kill the thrall, don't pick up the little items, die, repeat, then pick them all up when the floor is full of them and get your bounty done.

Omni

I've been thinking about it... If Bungie are gonna determine our starting "level" in TTK by an aggregate of all our weapon and armour stat values, wouldn't it be detrimental to have old exotics that haven't been upgraded and stuff? I have a vault full of exotics that I never bothered to upgrade, but kept for collection purposes.

Ambitious

Holy fuck. I just got the Revenant shader. I opened the inventory, selected it and accidentally pressed Square instead of X. Instead of letting it go, I totally zoned out and kept holding the button. It's gone.

Kyne

so I want to have a discussion.

a big part of the stream yesterday emphasized "customization" ..

my problem is that obviously any legendary armor we have right now (and some exotics) will be rendered useless come the new patch (at least for anything other than normal crucible).

that leaves us to use the new armor, which I'm okay with.. just.. is there enough of it?? Like, they'd have to have a buttload of new end-game armor if they don't want us all looking the same. Since we know that our old legendary armor will simply be used as fodder we also have zero reason to run any previous raids. Why would they preach complete customization and then take away all the different sets we could be using from year 1? It's a step back in terms of the ascending process, which allowed use to literally use any old legendary armor that we've ever acquired.

I do have a small theory, or let's just call it being hopeful. If they would just add in a transmodification NPC (i.e an NPC that lets you skin your end game armor with any previous armor you've had) literally all the problems above would be solved. People would seek out the old skins through the old raids and have a reason to play them. Everyone would almost certainly look different. It would be awesome.

anyways, that's just me being hopeful. Even after the stream Bungie sent out a tweet saying to continue to wait before TTK comes out before actually dismantling any old armor.. so I guess we'll just wait and see.

I worked really hard for the Trials set and now to see it all go to waste is a little heartbreaking. :\

Tjamato88

Strike without dying is easy if you just pick it from the map. Devil's Lair is like a level 8 Strike, you can't die there :p an you'll usually be matched with other high level peeps doing the same bounty so it goes quick.

As for melee Exploding thrall: throwing knife does not count.

However: if you die the count resets. But any items left on the floor from dead thrall will be there when you respawn. So just kill the thrall, don't pick up the little items, die, repeat, then pick them all up when the floor is full of them and get your bounty done.
Haha okay I'll give that one a shot. I'd think I'd be able to make it through that one without dying.

Interesting I didn't think to do it like that but I did notice that the items stuck around so I'll try that and knock that one off my list.

so I want to have a discussion.

a big part of the stream yesterday emphasized "customization" ..

my problem is that obviously any legendary armor we have right now (and some exotics) will be rendered useless come the new patch (at least for anything other than normal crucible).

that leaves us to use the new armor, which I'm okay with.. just.. is there enough of it?? Like, they'd have to have a buttload of new end-game armor if they don't want us all looking the same. Since we know that our old legendary armor will simply be used as fodder we also have zero reason to run any previous raids. Why would they preach complete customization and then take away all the different sets we could be using from year 1? It's a step back in terms of the ascending process, which allowed use to literally use any old legendary armor that we've ever acquired.

I do have a small theory, or let's just call it being hopeful. If they would just add in a transmodification NPC (i.e an NPC that lets you skin your end game armor with any previous armor you've had) literally all the problems above would be solved. People would seek out the old skins through the old raids and have a reason to play them. Everyone would almost certainly look different. It would be awesome.

anyways, that's just me being hopeful. Even after the stream Bungie sent out a tweet saying to continue to wait before TTK comes out before actually dismantling any old armor.. so I guess we'll just wait and see.

I worked really hard for the Trials set and now to see it all go to waste is a little heartbreaking. :

I dont know if everything is essentially useless.

The new light system smoothes the curve significantly so while the new stuff IS an upgrade you can still perform with older stuff at least to an extent.

Now that light lvl is calculated on an average you could also use weaker gear with better perks and not see the massive performance drop offs that you saw in vanilla

Its a much better system that with encourage choice

E92 M3

Holy fuck. I just got the Revenant shader. I opened the inventory, selected it and accidentally pressed Square instead of X. Instead of letting it go, I totally zoned out and kept holding the button. It's gone.

Your only hope is that it gets cataloged with the new update =/

Just be thankful that didn't happen on the character select screen.

ocean

Banned
I've been thinking about it... If Bungie are gonna determine our starting "level" in TTK by an aggregate of all our weapon and armour stat values, wouldn't it be detrimental to have old exotics that haven't been upgraded and stuff? I have a vault full of exotics that I never bothered to upgrade, but kept for collection purposes.
No, they'll calculate your starting level based off your best possible armor combination. If you are 34, you'll be 34 when we begin. This is not your Light, but rather your base level. So even if you're wearing all white armor and you're level 21 at the moment of launch, if you have the required gear to be 33 or 34 or whatever, that will be your base level even if that gear was in your vault or not equipped.

The average is something else. Your Light level (not base level which goes 1-40) will be the average of your *equipped* armor and weapons.

LTWood12

Incorrect. They're starting you at the highest possible level based on what equipment you have in your inventory and vault. They're not taking an average, they're taking only your maxed out stuff into account.

Omni

No, they'll calculate your starting level based off your best possible armor combination. If you are 34, you'll be 34 when we begin. This is not your Light, but rather your base level. So even if you're wearing all white armor and you're level 21 at the moment of launch, if you have the required gear to be 33 or 34 or whatever, that will be your base level even if that gear was in your vault or not equipped.

The average is something else. Your Light level (not base level which goes 1-40) will be the average of your *equipped* armor and weapons.

Incorrect. They're starting you at the highest possible level based on what equipment you have in your inventory and vault. They're not taking an average, they're taking only your maxed out stuff into account.
Interesting. Must have misinterpreted.

Well, saves me from dismantling everything :p

kiguel182

Are we still running newbie Skolas runs?

I really wanted to do him before the expansion drops but I would obviously need some help from folks here.

Pat_DC

Haha okay I'll give that one a shot. I'd think I'd be able to make it through that one without dying.

Interesting I didn't think to do it like that but I did notice that the items stuck around so I'll try that and knock that one off my list.
I might need to check but I think I did it on worlds grave on hard. You reach a check point where in a tunnel normal thrall and exploding ones run at you. Kill the normal ones and with full health melee one exploder, run away and let your health regain then take out the last one. Go back to orbit then back to the mission and you'll be at the check point again.

ocean

Banned
Year 1 flashback:

Hawkian streaming his test of weapon decryptions to figure out the rate at which we got Legendaries, and to test if Speaker emblems actually made a difference... and he got his first Hawkmoon, live with us watching.

It's been a while. We've bitched and moaned but had some good times too.

Are we still running newbie Skolas runs?

I really wanted to do him before the expansion drops but I would obviously need some help from folks here.

Sure, I still do them although this week has the worst modifiers. If you don't care either way, I'd recommend waiting for next week when the modifiers will definitely be better. I know it's getting towards the end but I'd be more interested in busting out a bunch more Skolas schools on a more newb-friendly week.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
anyone up for three quick nightfalls ? I won't have a headset so bear with me not talking or listening :) will change Char after every run

Top Bottom