• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

ocean

Banned
Sure, I still do them although this week has the worst modifiers. If you don't care either way, I'd recommend waiting for next week when the modifiers will definitely be better. I know it's getting towards the end but I'd be more interested in busting out a bunch more Skolas schools on a more newb-friendly week.
As usual, I'm always available to scrub your runs up Kappa

I wanna do 2x Skolas next week on Warlock to finish up that bounty and get my Bow <3

kiguel182

Sure, I still do them although this week has the worst modifiers. If you don't care either way, I'd recommend waiting for next week when the modifiers will definitely be better. I know it's getting towards the end but I'd be more interested in busting out a bunch more Skolas schools on a more newb-friendly week.

Lightswitch is one of the modifiers right? I also rather not play with that ahah

I'll be gone from home most of next week but Friday or something I would totally be up for it!

Nope. 48m20s of the video, he has Suros, Red Death, and Last Word unlocked. These three have 2.0 versions shown.

The reveal trailer showed Hawkmoon.
Good catch. I notice now that they are grayed out, meaning he hasn't unlocked them, and they DID mention a level 40 Bad Juju.

There's still no Taken King version of the Ram though. There's only room for one more Warlock helmet and it'll be that new void one.

No Universal Remote, Invective, Super Good Advice, Icebreaker or Ghorn confirmed though.

Omni

Have they mentioned anything about changing our character's appearance?

I find it odd (and really kinda frustrating) that in the stream they recognised that people made mistakes when making characters - including themselves - and yet the best they can supposedly do is give us an option to wear a helmet.

The editor is already in the game. Why can't we use it a second time?

Raybunny

2 spots for Salvage! Solo is dreadful. So many blueberries.

As usual, I'm always available to scrub your runs up Kappa

I wanna do 2x Skolas next week on Warlock to finish up that bounty and get my Bow <3

Do 3 34's easy... I 2 maned it twice yesterday.

Holy fuck. I just got the Revenant shader. I opened the inventory, selected it and accidentally pressed Square instead of X. Instead of letting it go, I totally zoned out and kept holding the button. It's gone.
As I understand it when TTK comes out any previously discarded shaders will be available to you. So you should be alright in a few weeks.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Wait is the Red Bull Rift event this Saturday?

It'll clash with the Critical Mindz sweaty tournament? Noooooes

YEAH!
dA68lf.gif

code code code code

Omni

Nope, nothing about yet....yet. I was also hoping we would hear something about weapon/sparrow shaders as well.

Here's hoping.

I don't want to throw away a year's worth of progress and make a new character, just so I can change my hairstyle >.>

Tjamato88

If I just wait and use the boost on my new Titan character won't that be kind of pointless because I'd have to run through the original story and expansions to play TTK?

Should I be grinding through the story now?

I guess my gear should be okay since the new stuff will be better anyway.

Raybunny

If I just wait and use the boost on my new Titan character won't that be kind of pointless because I'd have to run through the original story and expansions to play TTK?

After you reach the tower, you can use a level booster. It will put you at level 25 so you can enjoy right out of the bat TTK.

You're looking at Year 1 weapons without being converted into Year 2.

Should be 280 attack once ascended.

Year 1's can't be ascended. SOME year 1's have a year 2 version that is unlocked if you already have the year 1 version. You have to buy the year 2 version for legendary marks.

A harsh way to summarise the reveal yesterday was:-

All year 1 exotics are no good for end game content
Some can be ported across to year 2 for a reasonable amount of grinding
Gjallarhorn cannot be ported so may never be useful again
You start with 0 new legendaries and nearly all of them are gated behind legendary marks which have to be earned.

The main things you get to carry across to help you progress with year 2 will be:-

Mats and glimmer for upgrades and gunsmith legendaries
Strange coins for Xur and whatever new stuff he sells
Motes to help level weapons faster, and possibly get engrams from Xur
Faction and cryptarch reps
Mats/Motes/Ammo to pledge to factions to get faction packages with legendaries in them
Your level 34

Omni

I guess my gear should be okay since the new stuff will be better anyway.

You could do it now, I suppose.

But they are reworking a lot of that, no? Including the removal and replacement of dinklebot. You'd probably get more enjoyment doing the original stuff once TTK drops.

I made a list of the confirmed weapons:

Definitely yes year 2:

Suros Regime
Monte Carlo
The Last Word
Hawkmoon
Bad Juju
Fourth Horseman
Thunderlord
Truth
Red Death
Invective

Definitely not year 2:

Thorn
Necrochasm
Hard Light
Vex Mythoclast
Icebreaker
Gjallarhorn
Universal Remote
Super Good Advice

Unknown/Not shown yet

Mida Multi-tool
Plan C
Lord of Wolves
Dreg's Promise
Queenbreaker's Bow
Pocket Infinity
No Land Beyond
Patience and Time
Dragon's Breath

Warlock Armor

Definite yes

Light Beyond Nemesis
Obsidian Mind
Voidfang

Definite no (process of elimination)
The Ram
Apotheosis Veil
Skull of Ahamkara

Year 1's can't be ascended. SOME year 1's have a year 2 version that is unlocked if you already have the year 1 version. You have to buy the year 2 version for legendary marks.

A harsh way to summarise the reveal yesterday was:-

All year 1 exotics are no good for end game content
Some can be ported across to year 2 for a reasonable amount of grinding
Gjallarhorn cannot be ported so may never be useful again
You start with 0 new legendaries and nearly all of them are gated behind legendary marks which have to be earned.

The main things you get to carry across to help you progress with year 2 will be:-

Mats and glimmer for upgrades and gunsmith legendaries
Strange coins for Xur and whatever new stuff he sells
Motes to help level weapons faster, and possibly get engrams from Xur
Faction and cryptarch reps
Mats/Motes/Ammo to pledge to factions to get faction packages with legendaries in them
Your level 34

Is that true though?

Cuz lets say all your other gear is max but you bring a year one exotic. Light score is an average and you only have a 100-150 point drop on one piece in the average

Yeah its a small crutch but with the smoothed scalling the reduction will not be as massive as it was in the old system (the difference between light level 33 to 34)

Its really hard to say... I dont know if all damage is calculated form the Light score or if individual damage numbers are more prevalent

Since all the stuff is normalized to contribute to the average then mixing and matching to maintain a certain light level will be all it takes to maintain a viable setup

Deku Tree

Definitely yes year 2:

Suros Regime
Monte Carlo
The Last Word
Hawkmoon
Bad Juju
Fourth Horseman
Thunderlord
Truth
Red Death

Definitely not year 2:

Thorn
Necrochasm
Hard Light
Vex Mythoclast
Invective
Icebreaker
Gjallarhorn
Universal Remote
Super Good Advice

Unknown/Not shown yet

Mida Multi-tool
Plan C
Lord of Wolves
Dreg's Promise
Queenbreaker's Bow
Pocket Infinity
No Land Beyond
Patience and Time
Dragon's Breath

Warlock Armor

Definite yes

Light Beyond Nemesis
Obsidian Mind
Voidfang

The Ram
Apotheosis Veil
Skull of Ahamkara

how are these "Definite no (process of elimination)" determined? Deej didn't have them right?

Anyway bye bye The Ram we hardly knew thee!

ocean

Banned
The Red Bull thing takes place around 3 hours before the Sweaty Tournament, and its only 8 players so they won't clash.
Oh wonderful. If I had to pick I'd have watched the sweaties anyways.

So you think Triple will play both? Subs and donations for daysssss. He's signed up to play with SirD and Render but don't know if this event will lead him to back out.

Have they mentioned anything about changing our character's appearance?

I find it odd (and really kinda frustrating) that in the stream they recognised that people made mistakes when making characters - including themselves - and yet the best they can supposedly do is give us an option to wear a helmet.

The editor is already in the game. Why can't we use it a second time?

and add facial hair to our beloved male and female guardians (exos too for that matter).

LTWood12

Definitely yes year 2:

Suros Regime
Monte Carlo
The Last Word
Hawkmoon
Bad Juju
Fourth Horseman
Thunderlord
Truth
Red Death

Definitely not year 2:

Thorn
Necrochasm
Hard Light
Vex Mythoclast
Invective
Icebreaker
Gjallarhorn
Universal Remote
Super Good Advice

Unknown/Not shown yet

Mida Multi-tool
Plan C
Lord of Wolves
Dreg's Promise
Queenbreaker's Bow
Pocket Infinity
No Land Beyond
Patience and Time
Dragon's Breath

Warlock Armor

Definite yes

Light Beyond Nemesis
Obsidian Mind
Voidfang

The Ram
Apotheosis Veil
Skull of Ahamkara

Move invective up to year 2. There is a year 2 version.

Tecnniqe

Banned
how are these "Definite no (process of elimination)" determined? Deej didn't have them right?

The word they used on stream was along the lines of "so far" when they talked about Y1 exotics if i recall it.

So more might come in future updates.

Daemul

What's the exact scheduling, if you don't mind?

Red Bull thing kicks off at 1pm Eastern and the Sweaty Tournament starts at 4pm Eastern.

I'm not sure if I'll watch the Rift thing, what I've seen of the mode hasn't really clicked with me, I'd prefer a full out CFT instead of it.

Process of elimination using the Twitch stream. Illini Guy was right and they show more year 1's unlocked at the beginning of the vid and if they have a year 2 version.
Move invective up to year 2. There is a year 2 version.
On the Twitch stream at 45:55 you can see that Deej has the Invective Year 1 unlocked but when he pages back, there is no Year 2 version.

Also why are there two categories of year 2 primaries? I bet the four on the right side are elemental!

Missed a ton of stuff since yesterday. Gonna try to catch up now.

Edit: Wait, the Horn won't be upgradable to Year 2 values? Really? Did the riots start already?

Process of elimination using the Twitch stream. Illini Guy was right and they show more year 1's unlocked at the beginning of the vid and if they have a year 2 version.

On the Twitch stream at 45:55 you can see that Deej has the Invective Year 1 unlocked but when he pages back, there is no Year 2 version.

Also why are there two categories of year 2 primaries? I bet the four on the right side are elemental!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxslS1duBLc

Datto confirmed upgraded Invective

Missed a ton of stuff since yesterday. Gonna try to catch up now.

Edit: Wait, the Horn won't be upgradable to Year 2 values? Really? Did the riots start already?

It should be noted that they basically said in the stream that its basicaly a rollout?

Or the actual term is "Not Yet" so I THINK they plan on upgrading all exotics eventually

Definitely yes year 2:

Suros Regime
Monte Carlo
The Last Word
Hawkmoon
Bad Juju
Fourth Horseman
Thunderlord
Truth
Red Death

Definitely not year 2:

Thorn
Necrochasm
Hard Light
Vex Mythoclast
Invective
Icebreaker
Gjallarhorn
Universal Remote
Super Good Advice

Unknown/Not shown yet

Mida Multi-tool
Plan C
Lord of Wolves
Dreg's Promise
Queenbreaker's Bow
Pocket Infinity
No Land Beyond
Patience and Time
Dragon's Breath

Warlock Armor

Definite yes

Light Beyond Nemesis
Obsidian Mind
Voidfang

The Ram
Apotheosis Veil
Skull of Ahamkara

I wouldn't put any of this as definite. These could all change between now and 9/15. You're just going by what was shown in an admitted test build.

E92 M3

Red Bull thing kicks off at 1pm Eastern and the Sweaty Tournament starts at 4pm Eastern.

I'm not sure if I'll watch the Rift thing, what I've seen of the mode hasn't really clicked with me, I'd prefer a full out CFT instead of it.

Thanks, Rift looks like a lot of fun to me.

Top Bottom