• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

darthbob

I wouldn't put any of this as definite. These could all change between now and 9/15. You're just going by what was shown in an admitted test build.

Considering that we're less than a month to release I would assume that all of this has been finalized and we're simply waiting for it to pass cert.

However, yesterday's reveal could have been from their most recent stable build and they're still doing some QA. idk i'm not a bungle

Deku Tree

Process of elimination using the Twitch stream. Illini Guy was right and they show more year 1's unlocked at the beginning of the vid and if they have a year 2 version.

There are three exotic warlock helmets for year 2 in the blueprints page. Deej did not have any of the The Ram, Apotheosis Veil, Skull of Ahamkara for year 1. It's most likely that there will be at least one completely new exotic helmet so probably none of the The Ram, Apotheosis Veil, Skull of Ahamkar are upgradable. But I don't see any definite evidence in the video that "Process of elimination" tells us that none of those will be coming into year 2.

Less than a month away they must be testing final code. Whether it was final code in the preview is not known, I admit.

I think they are keeping some things secret, not showing everything, and certainly trying to not allow people to know exactly what weapons are going forward and which aren't.

Further, they clearly said that only some exotics are going forward "for now." That clearly was not a mistake on verbiage which tells me they will continue to release additional exotics as time moves on.

Daemul

Oh wonderful. If I had to pick I'd have watched the sweaties anyways.

So you think Triple will play both? Subs and donations for daysssss. He's signed up to play with SirD and Render but don't know if this event will lead him to back out.

I'd be more interested in the Red Bull thing if Bungie actually got the best of the best to promote it, ain't going to be nothing interesting about watching the likes of Datto getting destroyed by Triple and Fizzor.

I haven't seen anything about Triple pulling out of the Sweaty Tournament so I don't know Bungie will do it. I don't think they're flying the streamers out to Seattle so they may just have them connect to each other on PSN or something.

I think they are keeping some things secret, not showing everything, and certainly trying to not allow people to know exactly what weapons are going forward and which aren't.

Further, they clearly said that only some exotics are going forward "for now." That clearly was not a mistake on verbiage which tells me they will continue to release additional exotics as time moves on.
Oh, I'm positive they'll pepper in old exotics as time goes on.

Is that true though?

Cuz lets say all your other gear is max but you bring a year one exotic. Light score is an average and you only have a 100-150 point drop on one piece in the average

Yeah its a small crutch but with the smoothed scalling the reduction will not be as massive as it was in the old system (the difference between light level 33 to 34)

Its really hard to say... I dont know if all damage is calculated form the Light score or if individual damage numbers are more prevalent

Since all the stuff is normalized to contribute to the average then mixing and matching to maintain a certain light level will be all it takes to maintain a viable setup

Ultimately we just don't know, as you say, but I think you're likely to be both right (armour) and wrong (weapons).

We don't know how any damage modifiers are going to be based on our light level versus the missions light level. They could be linear or exponential or non-existent or something else.

Assuming you have all your gear to get to the right level so there are no damage reductions...then assume two cases where you have a year 1 armour versus a year 1 weapon. There's no change in damage reduction/buff BUT if you use the weapon you will be taking a significant decrease on your DPS compared to a year 2 version. I think that will be big enough that you just won't voluntarily do that to yourself - maybe to use a year 1 ghorn but not for any of the other exotics.

Armour is passive so having a slightly lower total armour stat might not really bother you, and you probably wouldn't feel it in the same way as DPS, where you can see damage numbers and see enemies dying.

So you might be happy to trade a lower armour stat for some significantly different/interesting perks.

dB Viper

So all current Vanguard + Crucible marks will be converted to commendations when TK releases, and we'll be starting at 0 legendary marks. Is this correct?

EL CUCO

I'd be more interested in the Red Bull thing if Bungie actually got the best of the best to promote it, ain't going to be nothing interesting about watching the likes of Datto getting destroyed by Triple and Fizzor.

I haven't seen anything about Triple pulling out of the Sweaty Tournament
so I don't know Bungie will do it. I don't think they're flying the streamers out to Seattle so they may just have them connect to each other on PSN or something.
He confirmed that Resolve might have to sub in for him. He also mentioned that they couldn't fly Geb to Seattle because he's a minor.

There are three exotic warlock helmets for year 2 in the blueprints page. Deej did not have any of the The Ram, Apotheosis Veil, Skull of Ahamkara for year 1. It's most likely that there will be at least one completely new exotic helmet so probably none of the The Ram, Apotheosis Veil, Skull of Ahamkar are upgradable. But I don't see any definite evidence in the video that "Process of elimination" tells us that none of those will be coming into year 2.

Deej didn't have a Ram on his character, so it can't be eliminated yet.

Notice that the 2.0 versions only show up when you have the original. There is no placeholder slot, the icons shift over to account for another 2.0 exotic.

Considering that we're less than a month to release I would assume that all of this has been finalized and we're simply waiting for it to pass cert.

However, yesterday's reveal could have been from their most recent stable build and they're still doing some QA. idk i'm not a bungle

I'm not saying the code isn't there somewhere, but that doesn't mean they're necessarily showing it to us. Possible they removed some things or hid them from us so we would have some surprises on 9/15.

But maybe not. Point is, let's not put anything in ink just yet on that front.

Ultimately we just don't know, as you say, but I think you're likely to be both right (armour) and wrong (weapons).

We don't know how any damage modifiers are going to be based on our light level versus the missions light level. They could be linear or exponential or non-existent or something else.

Assuming you have all your gear to get to the right level so there are no damage reductions...then assume two cases where you have a year 1 armour versus a year 1 weapon. There's no change in damage reduction/buff BUT if you use the weapon you will be taking a significant decrease on your DPS compared to a year 2 version. I think that will be big enough that you just won't voluntarily do that to yourself - maybe to use a year 1 ghorn but not for any of the other exotics.

Armour is passive so having a slightly lower total armour stat might not really bother you, and you probably wouldn't feel it in the same way as DPS, where you can see damage numbers and see enemies dying.

So you might be happy to trade a lower armour stat for some significantly different/interesting perks.

Yeah too early to know what the reduction will amount to and how it will affect each individual weapon

But I agree with your analysis for now

Deku Tree

Notice that the 2.0 versions only show up when you have the original. There is no placeholder slot, the icons shift over to account for another 2.0 exotic.

That might be true, but was there any evidence of that in the stream?

There definitely were placeholder boxes, but I don't see how you can determine that icons will shift over.

Internet cut out as I was descending into the treasure area on PoE. >_>

This is so lame. Even the 30 second limit when a single person opens a chest, stinks.

They could have a boolean that is true or false based on the following condition:

When a person kills the boss, the treasureEarnedBool = 1.

Once they grab the treasure, it's set to 0. However they distinguish it between each PoE can be done in different ways and they put badly already have a way (or in lame terms, a variable for each e.g. treasure35Earned).

Of course then you can't test whether you've earned the treasure key AFTER killing the boss, so a timestamp mechanism would have to be implemented which can be resource intensive. Just have to convert it to some small int and can be done probably on a minute grain between HoW release date and now to save space.

So if 2 other people already got the chests, for instance. Either they can't join you to go back to the chest room or it won't allow them to open it because their boolean is set to false. I'm guessing they would just stop them up front from going in in the first place but regardless. That'd be the only "checkpoint".

"players in the fireteam don't have access to this mission. Please press Square to start mission fresh" message if you wanted to lose that checkpoint and play the whole PoE again.

Seems like there are ways to fix this but coming from someone who has no idea how they implemented anything.

lt519

I agree with how you guys are coming up with what is Year 1 and Year 2 but the fact that the Teaser trailer and the Stream had Bad Juju and Red Death in the same slot makes a lot of it iffy. There's a good chance they have models for them all for Year 2 and are still switching it up. Most of it is probably accurate, just something to chew on.

yeah I found that interesting

So does that mean the placeholders represent new weapons only?

purg3

slept with Malkin
So all current Vanguard + Crucible marks will be converted to commendations when TK releases, and we'll be starting at 0 legendary marks. Is this correct?

you can turn old ones in for rep, so yes everyone will be starting at 0 legendary marks.

Yeah too early to know what the reduction will amount to and how it will affect each individual weapon

But I agree with your analysis for now

Cool - thanks for pointing out the possibility though - I had missed it in my original post.

I can't quite believe how much stuff there is to work out in this game some times...

lt519

T-44 has gotten 3 in our last 4 kills!

When it rains it pours. My Solar Shank Six Dreg Pride II was killing it in the Nightfall this week combined with my Void Captain Suppression Scout Rifle. It was actually kind of neat. And no I'm not being sarcastic lol.

noomi

When it rains it pours. My Solar Shank Six Dreg Pride II was killing it in the Nightfall this week combined with my Void Captain Suppression Scout Rifle. It was actually kind of neat. And no I'm not being sarcastic lol.

I use my void Six Dregg Pride for void burn and it's pretty decent... mine has dregg burn though :p

Cool - thanks for pointing out the possibility though - I had missed it in my original post.

I can't quite believe how much stuff there is to work out in this game some times...

The infused legendary went to 288 right?

I wonder what the final cap is

Assuming 300 then carrying a "cructh" weapon drops your average to 287 assuming all your other gear is maxed

Not sure how big a damage reduction that results in if you are running 300 light level content

There is just so much unknown right now but with a smoother curve the reduction might not be massive

STILL you are most likely going to want to be AT or above the recommended light to give yourself every possible advantage

X-Frame

Sure, I still do them although this week has the worst modifiers. If you don't care either way, I'd recommend waiting for next week when the modifiers will definitely be better. I know it's getting towards the end but I'd be more interested in busting out a bunch more Skolas schools on a more newb-friendly week.

Hey Drizzay I'd still love to take you up on he newbie Skolas run next week when the modifiers get better. Probably the weekend would be the best for me to give enough time to get it all done.

Klyka

Banned
How people are desperately trying to come up with math that will make them keep using the same guns they've been using for a year now XD

LTWood12

I really want a solar six dreg pride! As it stands, I've gotten one ( void auto rifle ) out of eight kills. T-44 has gotten three (arc HC, Pulse, Auto) out of nine kills.

lt519

I use my void Six Dregg Pride for void burn and it's pretty decent... mine has dregg burn though :p

The Army of One is actually an awesome perk, I've grown to love that thing. For void it puts it a step above Word of Crota and for Solar, well I can't say it places it above the Jewel but it certainly is the best PvE droppable solar hand cannon (and the only :p)

I'm rocking:
Void Scout (captain suppression)
Solar HC (shank)
Void Pulse (captain suppression)
Void AR (dreg)
Arc AR (dreg)

The Scout and HC are by far the most useful. Army of One on HC is sweet and I actually like Triple Tap on the scout rifle. Pulse doesn't pack enough of a punch but the bonus damage on the ARs stacks fairly well, just crappy perks otherwise.

Deku Tree

Sn2rplM.jpg

Daemul

He confirmed that Resolve might have to sub in for him. He also mentioned that they couldn't fly Geb to Seattle because he's a minor.

Ah alright that's cool, and I always forget how young Gab is, well, he isn't much younger than me but still underage lol

That might be true, but was there any evidence of that in the stream?

There definitely were placeholder boxes, but I don't see how you can determine that icons will shift over.

I thought the reveal showed Bad Juju in a slot, but then in the stream Red Death was in that slot. I think you're probably right.

Deku Tree

I thought the reveal showed Bad Juju in a slot, but then in the stream Red Death was in that slot. I think you're probably right.

Yeah it showed Red Death in the same slot as another weapon in the reveal trailer vs the stream. That could have been two different builds, or some other explanation.

I think they are going with the placeholder slots thing for all year 2 exotics (including year 1 remixes) just because it would make sense to me for them to do so.

Top Bottom