• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

How people are desperately trying to come up with math that will make them keep using the same guns they've been using for a year now XD

Im just curious as to how it will work

obvious there will be a strong incentive to use the new guns

Esecially in the beginning where you will need to focus on new gear to pump that average up fast

Crutch items could only be slightly considered AFTER you mox everything else

Even then you arent likely to use low light items unless the perks are great (armor) or you just want to bust out an old weapon for fun

darthbob

Sn2rplM.jpg

You'll always have a place in my heart
vault
, Ghorn.

lol, I've had a few like that. Sherpaing a flawless is draining esp if you run the abyss solo, last over on the bridge directing people/order etc, then run sword. Then for whatever reason have to do it all again

I'm usually mentally fucked unless its a perfect first run

God knows how you deal with Trials begging, Skolas and flawless runs

PvE content gets less stressful the more often I run it. Stress also depends on how challenging the content is and how capable the group is. The only great thing about CE was making flawless raider much more accessible which makes me more willing to sherpa runs. For Skolas, the modifiers and group experience/equipment make the difference.

Ultimately, I can carry a lot more in PvE than PvP both because I'm better at it and the competition doesn't change with every game. Trials help can be pretty brutal because I'm not nearly as good as I wish I was and the competition has become very heated by now with the easy wins being few and far between. As long as people appreciate the help (and they pretty much always do), I'm happy to keep trying.

Daemul

Well, looks like Bungie have finally given me a reason to do Trials again. Vance is selling 140 dis boots with heavy and hand cannon ammo for the Hunter, lawdy lawd.

darthbob

I'm not saying the code isn't there somewhere, but that doesn't mean they're necessarily showing it to us. Possible they removed some things or hid them from us so we would have some surprises on 9/15.

But maybe not. Point is, let's not put anything in ink just yet on that front.

Oh I have no doubt that there's more to it than they've revealed so far, and the possibility of further Exotics getting a Year 2 variant definitely seems possible.

But, as you said, I'm not going to start counting on anything being set in stone.

Thanks for the nightfalls Dishy

Somehow I wound up with 3 Allfate pulse rifles

I got one from a package from an unknown benefactor to start off with then 2 of the nightfall rewards were engrams which both turned into one somehow.

Allfate keikaku

The infused legendary went to 288 right?

I wonder what the final cap is

Assuming 300 then carrying a "cructh" weapon drops your average to 287 assuming all your other gear is maxed

Not sure how big a damage reduction that results in if you are running 300 light level content

There is just so much unknown right now but with a smoother curve the reduction might not be massive

STILL you are most likely going to want to be AT or above the recommended light to give yourself every possible advantage

Yes infusion got it to 288.

The averaging does mean your light doesn't go down much, but your actual DPS will be based on a 160/170 attack weapon versus a 300 weapon...whatever that means in the real world (hard light and ghorn are both nominally 365 in our current year....but definitely not equivalent!)

Hyun Sai

How people are desperately trying to come up with math that will make them keep using the same guns they've been using for a year now XD

Well, some things are fucked up lol.

Nechrochasm being useless, receiving a buff, and is already irrelevant not being carried year 2 ? It's not like we used it for a year ^^

lt519

For Skolas, the modifiers and group experience/equipment make the difference.

I actually decided last night that I prefer Small Arms/Lightswitch over the other modifiers; there are some fluke deaths with Captains charging out of nowhere but we recovered from that every time. Small Arms just makes the add clearing that much easier letting you reserve rockets for Skolas. Focus 2 Fatebringers/Fangs on captains every add spawn and they are dead before they can even get near you. And you can still do enough damage to burn Skolas down at the end with rockets.

It fits my slow and steady strategy more but for the all out assault strategies that you and Reign run it might be more of a pain since things get more disorganized.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No.

You get Etheric lights from PoE and as a random reward from Nightfall.
Oh and you can get it from Trials.
And Iron Banner.

I really need to work on my Elder Ciphers, lol. And get the third one.

That'll be priority after Crota's Bane and the triumphs I guess.

Tjamato88

So my plan for tonight is to finish off some bounties, grind for some vanguard rep to get up to the appropriate level and then if I have time do the first level of PoE if anyone wants to join since I've never done it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pretty sure all the buffs are for crucible.

Well, some things are fucked up lol.

Nechrochasm being useless, receiving a buff, and is already irrelevant not being carried year 2 ? It's not like we used it for a year ^^
Is it crazy for me to be thinking that Year 1 weapons will remain as effective as they were previously in Year 1 content? I may have missed some comment from Bungie about this. Necrochasm++ read to me like it would be dynamite in CE.

noomi

Do you guys think they will follow the same loot system for the new raid, where you can purchase raid items right from a vendor on a weekly basis again?

I kind of like the idea of having random loot drop right off the boss. More exciting that way

GlamFM

Banned
Do you guys think they will follow the same loot system for the new raid, where you can purchase raid items right from a vendor on a weekly basis again?

I kind of like the idea of having random loot drop right off the boss. More exciting that way

I really hope it´s like it was in the previous raids. 3 or 4 drops during the Raid and one right at the end.

Klyka

Banned
Is it crazy for me to be thinking that Year 1 weapons will remain as effective as they were previously in Year 1 content? I may have missed some comment from Bungie about this. Necrochasm++ read to me like it would be dynamite in CE.

No, i also believe it will be rgeat for year 1 content,the question is: will we run year 1 content still?

I hope they do, but I also hope they increase the quality of loot and the amount of tokens needed for purchase.

Like, lets say the new raid has 4 bosses. Each boss gives you a Token.

Lets say Gloves and Boots cost 4 Tokens. Chests cost 8 Tokens and Helmets cost 12.

Then lets pretend they're all really awesome quality, so you'd actually want each of them.

I feel like it'd make stuff so much more special.

ich00

No, i also believe it will be rgeat for year 1 content,the question is: will we run year 1 content still?

There's a giant shank boss, we'll all be doing PoE looking for all of the shank burn weapons we can get!

Edit: I'll still run VoG, I like that raid a lot.

lt519

I hope they do, but I also hope they increase the quality of loot and the amount of tokens needed for purchase.

Like, lets say the new raid has 4 bosses. Each boss gives you a Token.

Lets say Gloves and Boots cost 4 Tokens. Chests cost 8 Tokens and Helmets cost 12.

Then lets pretend they're all really awesome quality, so you'd actually want each of them.

I feel like it'd make stuff so much more special.

PoE was a step in the right direction but you are right about the loot. The loot was amazing for PoE itself, the boosts in the arenas were great, and it was the same for CE and VoG that a third perk was given to the raid itself. However replacing a weapon perk with a Fallen specific burn was a really bad idea. It should have been an additional or toggled perk so the weapons would be useful against other enemies.

I'd love to see loot that was based on location. Increased recovery on Earth, etc. Instead of in the arenas.

Okey, so I'm not missing TOO many Y1 Exotics:
Starfire Protocol
Radiant Dance Machines
The Glasshouse
Ruin Wings
MK 44 Stand Asides
Perigrine Greaves

Necrochasm
Pocket Infinity
Thorn
No Land Beyond
Super Good Advice
Dragon's Breath
Truth
Queenbreaker's
Dreg's Promise

So I have one month...

I hope it is back to random drops but incorporates the loot tracking logic they talked about with faction shaders.

Having a vendor with stock that refreshes weekly would remove some of the excitement when killing a raid boss.

PoE was a step in the right direction but you are right about the loot. The loot was amazing for PoE itself, the boosts in the arenas were great, and it was the same for CE and VoG that a third perk was given to the raid itself. However replacing a weapon perk with a Fallen specific burn was a really bad idea. It should have been an additional or toggled perk so the weapons would be useful against other enemies.

I'd love to see loot that was based on location. Increased recovery on Earth, etc. Instead of in the arenas.

Even the armor that had perks against certain enemy races was a cool idea. But it should never have been limited to just PoE. If that shit actually worked in the outside world, it may have actually seen some usage.

Omni

I really hope it´s like it was in the previous raids. 3 or 4 drops during the Raid and one right at the end.

Yup. It was a nice change but there were points where I didn't even bother running the PoE for weeks because nothing I wanted was being sold.

At least random drops give me a reason to keep playing every week.

Okey, so I'm not missing TOO many Y1 Exotics:
Starfire Protocol
Radiant Dance Machines
The Glasshouse
Ruin Wings
MK 44 Stand Asides
Perigrine Greaves

Necrochasm
Pocket Infinity
Thorn
No Land Beyond
Super Good Advice
Dragon's Breath
Truth
Queenbreaker's
Dreg's Promise

So I have one month...

Do you even xur bro?
Jk
But thats alot

Deku Tree

Ok I'm keeping all my copies of my year 1 raid weapons, ToO, PoE, and exotics for a while. Everything else will get sharded on day 1 of TTK.

E92 M3

Based on how generous Bungie are being now, you know the raid loot will be fantastic!

lt519

Even the armor that had perks against certain enemy races was a cool idea. But it should never have been limited to just PoE. If that shit actually worked in the outside world, it may have actually seen some usage.

The VoG and CE additional perks weren't useful outside of their respective raids. They helped you progress from NM to HM by giving you boosts within the raid. Kind of like going from PoE 34 to 35. It was replacing an entire perk on a weapon that was really really dumb.

But you are right, in general I would like to see raid gear, beyond being the highest light level gear, have usefulness beyond the raid. I didn't care about additional damage to the oversoul while patrolling Mars so I had no incentive to ever use CE gear outside of CE beyond it bumping my level. Raid gear should feel really really special everywhere.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah, I think that was fine. The VoG and CE additional perks weren't useful outside of their respective raids. They helped you progress from NM to HM by giving you boosts within the raid. Kind of like going from PoE 34 to 35. It was replacing an entire perk on a weapon that was really really dumb.

In general I would like to see raid gear, beyond being the highest light level gear, have usefulness beyond the raid. I didn't care about additional damage to the oversoul while patrolling Mars so I had no incentive to ever use CE gear outside of CE beyond it bumping my level. Raid gear should feel really really special everywhere.

Looking at the "take less damage from element" and such perks on armor,I feel we will be getting some cool new perks on raid gear that will definitely help in other places

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I just can't play properly on 3, 4 or 5 sensitivity. Went back to 10 again. Slower turning, aiming etc. just irritates me. I suppose sniping will be a lot more accurate on lower sensitivities but I seem to do better on 10.

Nice TTK montage btw

I got nothing done at work yesterday until about 2 hours AFTER the stream ended. Then an issue came that made me stay even later.

So, today I need to get wired in badly.

Can't wait to see the weekly update and ghorn stats out of curiosity.

@Deoee - If you didn't run the nightfall yet, we can attempt again tonight. I'm aiming to be home @ 4pm CST, which is about 6 hours and 45 minutes from now.

Top Bottom