• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Nuszka

Do you guys think they will follow the same loot system for the new raid, where you can purchase raid items right from a vendor on a weekly basis again?

I kind of like the idea of having random loot drop right off the boss. More exciting that way

Lets pray for rng , so fun and rage inducing at the same time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I mean,technically, there is no problem with them just adding "lvl 40" difficulty options to the raids/PoE and just have it drop year 2 stuff, right?
When you say "technically" do you mean "in terms of technical feasibility" or "theoretically"? There's no reason they couldn't do so due to technical reasons that I can think of. Whether or not they have any desire to (especially right at TTK launch) is totally up in the air.

Klyka

Banned
When you say "technically" do you mean "in terms of technical feasibility" or "theoretically"? There's no reason they couldn't do so due to technical reasons that I can think of. Whether or not they have any desire to (especially right at TTK launch) is totally up in the air.

As in "theoretically they could quite easily add lvl 40 difficulties and just scale up the enemies (maybe 1 or 2 easy to implement new mechanics?) and put new loot in the loot pool"

Tjamato88

Where do I get exotics and legendaries from? Can I only get them from raids, PoE, Trials and vendors?

I only have two right now (Horn and Bones of Eao) and I bought both of those from Xur.

Geist-

You'll always have a place in my heart
vault
, Ghorn.

How bad is the nerf going to be(I've seen the notes, but don't really understand the how bad it really is)? I just started a few weeks ago and got Gjallahorn last night from my first PoE playthrough.

ich00

Ok I'm keeping all my copies of my year 1 raid weapons, ToO, PoE, and exotics for a while. Everything else will get sharded on day 1 of TTK.

I think I'm in the same boat. I might get rid of the exotics that I rarely if ever use, raid gear I'll keep. Especially since Trials and IB won't be around for a little bit, there will be time to gather up the new hotness in PvP weapons.

Nope. They dismantle into whatever they do now. Only year 2 legendaries give marks.

That makes no sense. Why would they tell us to hang onto stuff if it doesn't help us in year 2?

X-Frame

Anybody else excited for Patrolling the Dreadnaught?

As much as I am, I kind of wish our new Patrol had outside sections so that we can see the rings of Saturn and new skyboxes, which I'm sure will not come on the Dreadnaught as that wouldn't make much sense on a spaceship. Oh well.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How bad is the nerf going to be? I just started a few weeks ago and got Gjallahorn last night from my first PoE playthrough.
Ultimately not that significant really (it only affects the wolfpack rounds); however, people are saying their goodbyes not because of the nerf but because Gjallarhorn doesn't appear to be one of the exotics they're "bringing forward" with a 2.0 version at TTK launch. It may return later on however.

Wallach

As much as I am, I kind of wish our new Patrol had outside sections so that we can see the rings of Saturn and new skyboxes, which I'm sure will not come on the Dreadnaught as that wouldn't make much sense on a spaceship. Oh well.

It's one of the things I'm most looking forward to, actually. Especially if they make good on having the zone be more dynamic. Patrols are probably my favorite way to just relax and mess around in Destiny.

I feel like I've seen Dreadie sections that are on the edge of the ship and thus provide a rill good view.

Omni

That makes no sense. Why would they tell us to hang onto stuff if it doesn't help us in year 2?
Bungie gonna Bungie. Maybe they have something else planned.

Personally I find it hard to believe that they'd throw away so many weapons completely. They'll make them relevant again eventually.

Klyka

Banned

We've seen footage of the outside of the dreadnaught.
I am quite certain there are parts of the patrol zone where we have view of Saturn or even are on the outside of the ship.

WipedOut

Really love that Warlock dance.

Trance, this is the Carlton we were talking about last night. We need this emote. Oh and happy birthday young man.

giphy.gif

Geist-

Ultimately not that significant really (it only affects the wolfpack rounds); however, people are saying their goodbyes not because of the nerf but because Gjallarhorn doesn't appear to be one of the exotics they're "bringing forward" with a 2.0 version at TTK launch. It may return later on however.

Ah, that makes sense then. I'm sad that my first Exotic is being invalidated so soon, but oh well.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Bungie gonna Bungie. Maybe they have something else planned.

Personally I find it hard to believe that they'd throw away so many weapons completely. They'll make them relevant again eventually.
The gear you have in your inventory and and character are used to determine your level at 2.0. You start deleting stuff and that average will probably get kicked out of whack.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Maybe this is crazy, but I thought being advised not to dismantle might have been tied to the expanded vault. Like, don't dismantle stuff you've been hanging onto for collection purposes cause you'll actually have more room?

I personally was deleting some stuff last week and I'm definitely glad I didn't go further than I did (sharding some extra near-perfect shotguns) because I now have the luxury of keeping a fair bit more stuff just for my collection.

Deku Tree

Thanks guys!

Happy Birthday!

I think I'm in the same boat. I might get rid of the exotics that I rarely if ever use, raid gear I'll keep. Especially since Trials and IB won't be around for a little bit, there will be time to gather up the new hotness in PvP weapons.

Because they haven't told us everything yet.

It would be cool if there was an End Game Content kiosk too. But its probably a long shot.

macewank

As in "theoretically they could quite easily add lvl 40 difficulties and just scale up the enemies (maybe 1 or 2 easy to implement new mechanics?) and put new loot in the loot pool"

quite easily? probably not.

they'd have to re-tune the encounters.

it's technically possible to do so, but may not (in their eyes) be worth devoting manpower to do it.

at some point they gotta move past the old stuff and focus on the new stuff

Omni

The gear you have in your inventory and and character are used to determine your level at 2.0. You start deleting stuff and that average will probably get kicked out of whack.

That's true, though I don't think anyone was gonna delete their best weapons anyway.

Whatever the case I'm gonna keep my favourite Year 1 CE/VoG/Legendary weapons in the vault.

Kalamari

I hope the Dreadnaught is monstrous but still easy to traverse. If they add in some shortcuts or maybe lifts/elevators of some kind it would be easy to achieve.

Happy Birthday, E92!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah, that makes sense then. I'm sad that my first Exotic is being invalidated so soon, but oh well.
I was trying to get at this a little earlier- I think invalidated is too strong. It'll still rock the shit out of Year 1 content at the least. So if there's any of that you haven't done yet (or want to go back and destroy) it'll still be a force. Of course if you have no interest in any of that content any longer then it's more of a fair assessment.

E92 M3

Happy birthday!

Trance, this is the Carlton we were talking about last night. We need this emote. Oh and happy birthday young man.

giphy.gif

Happy Birthday!

Because they haven't told us everything yet.

It would be cool if there was an End Game Content kiosk too. But its probably a long shot.

Thanks, gentlemen! And yes wiped, I do know that motion. Guess the name didn't trigger a bell.

X-Frame

I feel like I've seen Dreadie sections that are on the edge of the ship and thus provide a rill good view.

We've seen footage of the outside of the dreadnaught.
I am quite certain there are parts of the patrol zone where we have view of Saturn or even are on the outside of the ship.

Ohh that would be great! I don't know, maybe I was assuming those outside skybox video clips were not on the Dreadnaught but Phobos for the story missions.

Klyka

Banned
quite easily? probably not.

they'd have to re-tune the encounters.

it's technically possible to do so, but may not (in their eyes) be worth devoting manpower to do it.

at some point they gotta move past the old stuff and focus on the new stuff

I can't see "re-tune the encounters" being that crazy hard.

They literally just scale the enemies up. "These guys were level 30 and needed a light level of 190 to fight against. These new guys are lvl 40 and need a light level of 280 to fight against" It's not like the two raids feature any completely out there attacks or enemies you don't see at all outside of them. It's all minotaurs and hydras and thralls and knights and such.

I don't see devoting what should be a tiny amount of manpower to keeping two of your biggest and most presentable (be serious, VoG and CE just look badass and unique as fuck) pieces of content relevant as such a hard thing to do.

LTWood12

I keep seeing people use the word 'average.' They're not taking an average. They're just looking at your best stuff.

Top Bottom