• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

It makes no sense when so much of the stuff costs ~135 marks to buy one item. Just an annoying reason to force people back to the Tower often or risk wasting earned marks.

For all their improvements they still manage to stumble over simple stuff sometimes.

They did it to force people to buy stuff. If there was no cap, then people would just hoard marks and only spend them, in large amounts, when items they perceive as valuable are available. Instead, this encourages (forces if you're being cynical) people to go do content to get marks when they want an item.

I'm not even sure how I feel about there being no weekly cap, as that encourages people to grind infinitely, in theory.

so hyped that i just spent a full minute looking at my TTK PS4 order page.

an order for a console i'm buying just so I can play the same game I've been playing for a year with different people

yoikes.

SOOOO HYPED.

They did it to force people to buy stuff. If there was no cap, then people would just hoard marks and only spend them, in large amounts, when items they perceive as valuable are available. Instead, this encourages (forces if you're being cynical) people to go do content to get marks when they want an item.

I'm not even sure how I feel about there being no weekly cap, as that encourages people to grind infinitely, in theory.

I suppose they would rather have people engaged and playing then sitting and hoarding?

Namikaze1

334 Spinmetal
437 Helium
292 Spirit Bloom
359 Relic Iron

This felt like plenty until today. Time to stock up.
Altogether, I have:
0ver 600 Spinmetal
Roughly 600 Helium Filaments
Over 560 Relic Iron
Over 600 Spirit Bloom

My goal is to have over 200 of each on each of my guardians.

There's a possibility we won't be able to buy them for marks anymore. Hopefully that's not the case though. Maybe the Vanguard Quartermaster will come through for us.
I hate farming for mats in patrols, I only bought TDB because they patched it out. Will be stocking up on everything now in case this turns out to be the case.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Mind if I add you? Seems the XB1 community on GAF has dropped a lot from launch. Had no problems at launch doing Strikes and Raid but now I can barely get anyone.

There are quite a few xbox one regulars on here. You can add me as well - purg3

I hate farming for mats in patrols, I only bought TDB because they patched it out. Will be stocking up on everything now in case this turns out to be the case.

Then get your mats from bounties/quests

I think mats can be gained in other ways too

Patrol is still piss easy to get mats fast though... even now

EloquentM

aka Mannny
334 Spinmetal
437 Helium
292 Spirit Bloom
359 Relic Iron

This felt like plenty until today. Time to stock up.
Not sure if paranoia or cautiousness. Y'all really think bungies gonna take mats back to the Stone Age? Y'all stocking up for the nuclear winter. Make sure to stock up on marks for twinkies too.

There's a possibility we won't be able to buy them for marks anymore. Hopefully that's not the case though. Maybe the Vanguard Quartermaster will come through for us.

Right, but they're not disappearing.
And they come from activities.
Activities are more important than ever.
Thus, tautologically, you well get mats as you play.

Namikaze1

Not sure if paranoia or cautiousness. Y'all really think bungies gonna take mats back to the Stone Age?
If it's anything like now, mats will cost legendary marks. Might as well spend the marks you have now on mats and spend the legendary marks you'll get after TTK on gear.

That's my reasoning for stocking up. I'm sure the vanguard quartermaster will still sell them but I ain't spending 10 legendary marks that I could spend on gear.

Not sure if paranoia or cautiousness. Y'all really think bungies gonna take mats back to the Stone Age? Y'all stocking up for the nuclear winter. Make sure to stock up on marks for twinkies too.

There really isn't anything else to spend the marks on anyway, so you might as well stock up. Also, I can remember countless MMOs that have gotten rid of new systems to go back to the original. And people are always shocked.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I can imagine recipes or gear that requires huge mats to build.
Exotics had like 3 mats needed for upgrades on the stream last night could obviously change but if mats are still purchasable (I hope so) this is simply tin foil paranoia. If I'm wrong fuck bungie win a ten foot pole.

If it's anything like now, mats will cost legendary marks. Might as well spend the marks you have now on mats and spend the legendary marks you'll get after TTK on gear.

That's my reasoning for stocking up. I'm sure the vanguard quartermaster will still sell them but I ain't spending 10 legendary marks that I could spend on gear.

There really isn't anything else to spend the marks on anyway, so you might as well stock up. Also, I can remember countless MMOs that have gotten rid of new systems to go back to the original. And people are always shocked.
Fair enough

Even if they leave trading for mats in

Are you really gonna spend LEGENDARY MARKS on them NOW?

Hecks no

Best get that ghost shell and find those treasure chests, complete public events, bounties, quests and whatever else drops mats

lt519

Need more Spinmetal..

t1HWbCn.png

Spirit Bloom - 509
Relic Iron - 499
Helium Filaments -479
Spinmetal -298

Looks like things only cost 5 per bubble anyway. Not sure I'm going to waste marks on them. We'll all probably be limited by weapon parts and armor parts before we are mat limited with how they give them out like candy now.

I haven't been able to check in for the last 12 crucial hours as everyone is discussing preparation. I see some talk about planetary mats, etc and maybe there was some discussion about whether it makes sense to load your postmaster with PE rewards.

Is there a decent up to date prep guide around somewhere?

Whoa there buddy

BEFORE YOU GUYS DUMP YOUR CURRENT MARKS

They did say that the old marks are being converted to some sort of reward from the Postmaster

So I am assuming it's better to max out on vanguard and crucible marks before TTK is out? Right now I think I am capped at 200 vanguard and crucible marks on each new character but was going to buy a shit town of mats to stock up and then just max out those marks again which is easy now.

It'd be pretty interesting to have Ghost Shells with perks that increase legendary item drop rates from patrol chests.

Whoa there buddy

BEFORE YOU GUYS DUMP YOUR CURRENT MARKS

They did say that the old marks are being converted to some sort of reward from the Postmaster

Well yeah, obviously I'll go back up to the max before TTK. But that's a good PSA

It's per account, so 200 limit you have to share between all 3 characters is a bit rough.

So from 1200 limit (for 3) down to 200 (for 3).

Yeah but the aquisition of marks is increased significantly

Meaning there will be a steady flow of spending and earning as you play

It'd be pretty interesting to have Ghost Shells with perks that increase legendary item drop rates from patrol chests.

Well yeah, obviously I'll go back up to the max before TTK.

WHOA WHAT?

Ghosts that increase loot chances from patrol chests!

I have a confession... I am addicted to chest hunting on Patrols

omg this would be awesome! Is this real?

It's per account, so 200 limit you have to share between all 3 characters is a bit rough.

The way you've laid that out it sounds bad, but since there is no limit (it's just how much the wallet can hold at one time) you can still hit that 1200 and beyond.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Even if they leave trading for mats in

Are you really gonna spend LEGENDARY MARKS on them NOW?

Hecks no

Best get that ghost shell and find those treasure chests, complete public events, bounties, quests and whatever else drops mats
Yah you're right. Legendary marks pay for so many things now >_>

Mind if I add you? Seems the XB1 community on GAF has dropped a lot from launch. Had no problems at launch doing Strikes and Raid but now I can barely get anyone.
Are you on the bungie.net group? Our chat on there is still fairly active, but the more people we can get in there the easier it will be to find Xbox one players.

Yeah but the aquisition of marks is increased significantly

Meaning there will be a steady flow of spending and earning as you play

WHOA WHAT?

Ghosts that increase loot chances from patrol chests!

I have a confession... I am addicted to chest hunting on Patrols

omg this would be awesome! Is this real?

No no, just speculating

lt519

Remember all this hoarding we did before HoW and it didn't really matter much. The only thing I can think of that is worth hoarding in mass amounts is Glimmer and items that can be traded in for Glimmer. Motes of Light and Strange Coins if you have them but there's no way to really farm those outside of normal gameplay.

He might of meant looking ahead to the next DLC drop - if they want to actually keep a currency rather than inventing a new one each time (that people have 0 of to start) then they have to keep a low limit so you don't just launch the DLC and buy all the guns you need.

Sure, that makes sense but I don't think that's what was being discussed currently. It would be easy enough to reset or cap marks going into a new expansion, they've been changing things up every time already. I understand why they are doing it, I just think it's silly relative to the price of all the items. Even 300 would make way more sense.

I totally get it. Of course there has to be a cap, no cap would be crazy. My only point is one item shouldn't cost 65% of that cap, for your entire account.

As opposed to what they are used for now?

If anything this makes them very valuable and you will actually WANT to spend them regularly

Sure its not what you wanted exactly but its still a much better system

I'm not comparing it to now or anything else. Literally my only point is 200 total across all 3 characters is too low relative to the prices.

People will only want to spend them if there are items worth buying (and there are, which is great). People will have to spend them freuquently regardless or else waste tons of marks. It's the same issue as now: I've been stocking planetary mats to avoid wasting marks since there's nothing worthwhile to buy. There was nothing to buy because I could ascend all my great, old gear.

They aren't fixing the issue by cutting our total Mark cap into one-sixth of the current amount. That part is bad. They are "fixing" it by making our old gear obsolete and introducing tons of new gear that will hopefully be compelling in its own right but will nevertheless be required for us to be sufficiently powerful.

The way you've laid that out it sounds bad, but since there is no limit (it's just how much the wallet can hold at one time) you can still hit that 1200 and beyond.

Exactly

Instead of hitting the max and STOPPING gameplay

You can spend and play, spend and play, spend and play to your hearts content

That might seem better or worse depending on how much time you have set aside for the game lol

To the people complaining about charging $20 for three dances, that's not what they're doing (and it hasn't even been confirmed that the three emotes are even dances.)

They needed a way to give us the CE content without devaluing the actual CE. They're giving us the package for literally the difference that the CE costs. I'm not defending the value, but it would have been disrespectful to the people that bought the CE to sell the content for less.

Gammacide

Yeah, awful when everything is so expensive. Buy one item and then go back out and start grinding then go back for one item. Just seems like an arbitrarily slow drip-feed of content, but who cares--I'll play and love every minute. :)

Homeboyd

I just really hope they add exotic engrams to the game drops other than buying them from Xur.

Seeing an exotic engram drop in the field somewhere (or even off of a boss) would be awesome.

Exotic ghost shells. Mmmm

Did you guys happen to notice that had exotic class items in teh collection pages?

Im not sure what that means >.>

Like would you forgo an Exotic Armor for an exotic class item?

Or would it be a separate pool where one exotic is allowed between Ghost Shell/Artifact/Class item?

Top Bottom