• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Same, and mine has to be as follows:

Warlock - FWC
Titan - New Monarchy
Hunter - Dead Orbit

Gotta go Titan FWC. Need clean, smoove edges if I'm supposed to be walking around in a WipEout ship.

:]

EDIT: My first top of the page!!!

U2CRvN3.gif

Because even exotics were shown only 5 needed per node.

I like this more, personally. Push me to do stuff, make everything more valuable.

this isnt made to sounds rude but, did you play when you had to farm for that?. single worst thing in Destiny, worse than forever 29, worse than evil rahool. It was the first quality of life change they made, and it was glorious

E92 M3

So collecting planetary materials on patrol is back?

1) None for sale at the Crucible Vendor
2) Ghost Shells for sale that make it easier to find specific types of Planetary Mats.

Why aren't more people talking about this?

It's been talked about, but there have been no confirmation. Personally, I'll be stocking up before TTK launches.

this isnt made to sounds rude but, did you play when you had to farm for that?. single worst thing in Destiny, worse than forever 29, worse than evil rahool. It was the first quality of life change they made, and it was glorious

I did.

Like I said. There's only 5 per node.

And a million quests, some that generate mats.

Navy Bean

had to read it twice to realize you were talking about Time To Kill instead of The Taken King. I have actually never played a COD multiplayer in my life, is it bad?

Not bad, just a different rhythm. Fast twitch spawn, kill, die, repeat. My brain was fried after a couple matches and I knew what to expect lol.

edit: Happy Birthday Trance...go blink shotgun some fools.

2) Ghost Shells for sale that make it easier to find specific types of Planetary Mats.

Not sure if you can buy them with marks (not that you would want to burn marks on them now!)

BUT

You still get planetary mats from various bounties and otherr activities like before.

Also the ghost perks make them easier to find AND increase how many you get per node

Ophelion

Well there's an addendum to #2 which is that some ghosts increase the mats you get from collecting on patrol and we don't know what kind of mats can be found on the dreadnaught, which seems like its patrol might be quite a bit more interesting than patrolling the other locations.

So I was checking my trophies, I was not paying attention but the ones that I have left are very doable with the exception of Flawless Raider.

Is there any weekly group to do Flawless Raider? Now I'm interested.

We just do them whenever there are enough interested folks. We did 2 last night for a couple folks and their non-Gaf friends. We only really need 3 people to knock it out, not a big deal. Can do it whenever.

This seems to be the case but two saving graces: I have an enormous stock pile of mats from my Mark surplus during HoW, and they've greatly reduced the number of mats to max gear. It's 5 per node, so I think 15 per legendary gear? Compared to 16 per node like it used to be.

I was bummed in the Twitch reveal that they haven't increased the planetary material stacking above 200. I have over 1,200 of each type now and they take up so much space.

Navy Bean

Well there's an addendum to #2 which is that some ghosts increase the mats you get from collecting on patrol and we don't know what kind of mats can be found on the dreadnaught, which seems like it's patrol might be quite a bit more interesting than patrolling the other locations.

The Dreadnaught has its own greenhouse with row after row of spirit bloom and spinmetal. The ship itself is made of relic iron so u can harvest at will.

NeOak

Nope. Not shelling out $20 for emotes. I could waste that $20 on on a Telltale game and get hours of entertainment with a decent story out of it. Can't say the same for some emotes.
Jesus Nami.

You're putting 20 into those buggy as fuck games?

You might as well get a Nicalis game instead

I started spending all my marks on them. You just need to make sure you're back at max before TTK so that you get max commendations.

As far as the change goes, I'm actually in support of it. It's another reason to go out and do patrols, which I haven't done in ages.

NeOak

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the following was either left out completely from the Twitch stream or was mentioned in passing:

Hopefully we get the actual info here for this stuff in the BWU today.
The collections were the terminals.

The artifact was not mentioned though.

kidko

Yeah I think they balanced it better in TTK. Buying them in bulk at the vendors made them pointless, although it was a welcome fix to how broken it was before.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the following was either left out completely from the Twitch stream or was mentioned in passing:

Nameplates are emblems, which we saw and Shaders will work like Emblems.

Artifacts were skipped, but done in rehearsal according to Luke

I'm guessing Nameplate actually means emblem? If so, they showed that and talked about how shaders have the same thing. Any emblems/shaders you get will unlock in the collection so you can always have access to them without taking up vault space.

As for artifacts, Luke tweeted that they meant to but forgot to include it in the stream. All we know is that all artifacts require you to be Lv40 to equip.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Because crucible vendor isn't the only vender that sold mats pre 2.0...we don't have all the information so no need to freak out.

Shader collections wasnt shown but it works just like the emblems and ships/sparrows work the same way as well

No idea what nameplate collections is

Luke said they were Suppose to cover artifacts but missed it

DamnBoxes

Question for y'all...

Getting back into Destiny for the first time in about eight months. I really only enjoy playing Crucible. I'm a level 28. Am I ever going to level up again if I only stick to Crucible?

Question for y'all...

Getting back into Destiny for the first time in about eight months. I really only enjoy playing Crucible. I'm a level 28. Am I ever going to level up again if I only stick to Crucible?

i believe legendary vanguard gear still drops in crucible

That will get you to 31-32 i think if you have an upgraded exotic armor piece

The path to 34 is POE, Nightfall, Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner

So yeah.. if you are PVP only definitely jump into Trials and Banner

Navy Bean

Question for y'all...

Yeah, you can buy gear to get to level 32 just through crucible marks I think.

Namikaze1

Not much of an issue for us year 1 folks. We have a month to stock up on planetary mats and the amount of mats gear needed to upgrade were greatly reduced with HoW. It sucks for year 2 folks if they're no longer being sold. I say wait for confirmation. Or do what some of us are doing and stock up on them. Keeping at least 200 of each per guardian.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Nice to see you man. Are you back or on the edge ?

I preordered the Collector's Edition as soon as it was up, so I'm definitely in. I tried to come back for HoW, but thought the expansion was pretty light on things to do that I haven't done before. I think I burned myself out in Destiny 1 + first DLC. I do miss our weekly raid parties though, even if I was up at 4 am for them :)

Question for y'all...

Yes, in fact it will be much easier in TTK. You level up based only on XP gains, so you can do it totally in Crucible. They're also adding more Quests, Bounties and rewards for Crucible-only players. They want to let everyone play how they want to play.

Edit: I'm talking about when The Taken King launches.

darknil

Flawless raider is easy now, if you get enough people together I can Sherpa one, drizzay and gutz help with them as well

There have been quite a few requests the past few weeks. I know at least one other person wants it and it's Pixxxelz. So that makes at least 2 of you + usually 1 sherpa. Just need to find 3 more :p

There are always more people to help fill in those spots as well if there isn't enough people that want/need it.

We just do them whenever there are enough interested folks. We did 2 last night for a couple folks and their non-Gaf friends. We only really need 3 people to knock it out, not a big deal. Can do it whenever.

Thanks! I'll see if I can gather some non-GAF friends and search in the thread, I don't have any rush to do it.

Lee

Question for y'all...

Xbox one? Add me at Trip Like I Do and I'll run trials with you this weekend. Might not be able to do much damage but we'll get you some drops/packages and you'll be 30+ in no time.

Yes, in fact it will be much easier in TTK. You level up based only on XP gains, so you can do it totally in Crucible. They're also adding more Quests, Bounties and rewards for Crucible-only players. They want to let everyone play how they want to play.

Oh lol

I thought he meant RIGHT NOW

Top Bottom