• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

They aren't fixing the issue by cutting our total Mark cap into one-sixth of the current amount. That part is bad. They are "fixing" it by making our old gear obsolete and introducing tons of new gear that will hopefully be compelling in its own right but will nevertheless be required for us to be sufficiently powerful.

Asceding gear was a lazy move to justify the lack of new gear in every DLC.

I wanted to see leveling gear too but the level cap raise was just two levels in each dlc to use them and it was actually designed for new players.

I was wondering about this yesterday. Do exotic class items and exotic ghosts take up your armor and weapon exotic slots?

Did you guys happen to notice that had exotic class items in teh collection pages?

Im not sure what that means >.>

Like would you forgo an Exotic Armor for an exotic class item?

Or would it be a separate pool where one exotic is allowed between Ghost Shell/Artifact/Class item?

I didn't think about that. It would be an interesting trade off if ghosts increase your drop rate for loot at the expense of not having an exotic weapon/armor equipped.

Edit: Also for other situations. Grinding PvP? Better equip that Artifact that boosts Crucible gains but that means no Thorn/TLW (or equivalent).

LTWood12

The currency itself is good, and the fact that you can earn an unlimited amount in a given week is good too. But the 200 account-wide cap is arbitrary & punitive. We know it isn't some kind of memory constraint. Hell, I'd be happy w/ 600 (half of what is is now.) There are going to be so many times that I forget to go to the tower and !purge, so that'll be a lot of marks I'll miss out on.

I didn't think about that. It would be an interesting trade off if ghosts increase your drop rate for loot at the expense of not having an exotic weapon/armor equipped.

Well its not like legendary weapons arent good enough to forgo an exotic slot

The currency itself is good, and the fact that you can earn an unlimited amount in a given week is good too. But the 200 account-wide cap is arbitrary & punitive. We know it isn't some kind of memory constraint. Hell, I'd be happy w/ 600 (half of what is is now.) There are going to be so many times that I forget to go to the tower and !purge, so that'll be a lot of marks I'll miss out on.

Dude the new system will encourage you to purge and spend constantly

Marks went from obsolete to being the most valuable currency in TTK

Lee

Mind if I add you? Seems the XB1 community on GAF has dropped a lot from launch. Had no problems at launch doing Strikes and Raid but now I can barely get anyone.

Not at all. I'll be on tomorrow night, and probably a good bit at night this weekend. Mostly run trials but I still run raids and whatever else.

I like the 200 limit if it is PER CHARACTER, but 200 to try and spread across 3 seems ridiculously forced.

well I for one do not like playing crucible with my titan, so I can now earn marks by just palying crucible with my hunter or warlock. so thats a bonus I guess. your doing that exact same amount of work it seems, just now you dont have to wait till reset to by the gear you want, you can just buy one peice, go out get more marks and buy another piece. game launches on a tuesday. I can guarantee players (me included) will be maxed level and maxed light level by thursday or friday. and if the mark-commendation exchange is 1:1 (which I doubt) ill be max level with level 40 light gear in an hour or 2.
didnt hey say that packages guarantee legendary

400 marks per character= 400 commendations
400 commendations =80,000 rep
80,000 rep= 26 packages x2 with an allegiance package

hot damn!

well I for one do not like playing crucible with my titan, so I can now earn marks by just palying crucible with my hunter or warlock. so thats a bonus I guess. your doing that exact same amount of work it seems, just now you dont have to wait till reset to by the gear you want, you can just buy one peice, go out get more marks and buy another piece. game launches on a tuesday. I can guarantee players (me included) will be maxed level and maxed light level by thursday or friday. and if the mark-commendation exchange is 1:1 (which I doubt) ill be max level with level 40 light gear in an hour or 2.

hot damn!

How many commendations fit onto a stack? I see people wanting to load their postmaster with PE event completions. How much space would you need to ensure is available?

....aaaaaand...what happens if you do a nightfall before cashing in the commendations and also pop a red bull xp booster?

Namikaze1

Anyone guess what Xur will be selling tomorrow? What will Xur follow up after selling the Ghallajorn.

I predict Red Death
Hard Light. That freaking thing dropped for two of us in the same Nightfall run. That was after having Glasshouse drop for two of us in the previous Nightfall run.

kidko

You can trade in purples for marks, right? So you could theoretically hoard a bunch of trash purples as marks storage

Gammacide

hot damn!
Ok when you put it like that it makes me positively dirty! :p

There's so much to spend it on now, upgrading exotics, new gear, etc. I think it's fine, we should all be spending marks constantly.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Added you guys on XBL and put my GT down on the doc list.

Not at all. I'll be on tomorrow night, and probably a good bit at night this weekend. Mostly run trials but I still run raids and whatever else.

Seems we were already friends.

Are you on the bungie.net group? Our chat on there is still fairly active, but the more people we can get in there the easier it will be to find Xbox one players.

Haven't really visited Bungie.net recently but I'll check it out.

It looks like you have to go back and manually find material. They weren't for sale at the vendor during the presentation.

Ghost shells now have abilities to help you find material faster. So it seems like that's the direction it's going back in.

I didn't look at the armor upgrade paths very closely. are the ascendant mats pretty much gone now? if they are then they might have upped the required planetary mats considerably.

LTWood12

hot damn!

You are out of your goddamn mind if you think you're going to get 312 rep for 1 Vanguard/Crucible mark.

Asceding gear was a lazy move to justify the lack of new gear in every DLC.

I wanted to see leveling gear too but the level cap raise was just two levels in each dlc to use them and it was actually designed for new players.

Yeah, I enjoyed being able to use all the VoG gear again after shelving it for TDB but you're right about it covering up the lack of new stuff. I understand why they did it, and I think it worked well for this piece of the game's history. It was good PR to say "Fatebringer 365!" But I'm also glad they're ready to meaningfully replace so much Year 1 stuff instead of having too little (TDB) or driving us back to old favorites (HoW).

I do feel bad for people that never got certain beloved items until really late in Year 1. I was fortunate to have plenty of time with all the good Yr1 stuff but I understand why others might be more reluctant to move on.

To the people complaining about charging $20 for three dances, that's not what they're doing (and it hasn't even been confirmed that the three emotes are even dances.)

They needed a way to give us the CE content without devaluing the actual CE. They're giving us the package for literally the difference that the CE costs. I'm not defending the value, but it would have been disrespectful to the people that bought the CE to sell the content for less.

Yeah, the real culprit here is the Digital CE costing $80. Some could argue it should have been lower, but it's clear that it's a price point some are okay with so here we are.

Spoiler: I am okay with it.

So...

If legendary weapons now don't convert or break down into anything different when TTK drops, does it really make sense to hoard them? I don't quite get why they told us to hang onto them.

I didn't look at the armor upgrade paths very closely. are the ascendant mats pretty much gone now? if they are then they might have upped the required planetary mats considerably.

Ascendant mats are gone from any new stuff. You can still use them if you want to upgrade obsolete gear for some reason, and you can still exchange them for other currencies at the Speaker.

The Year 2 Legendary gear they showed on stream still only needed 5 planetary mats per node. I doubt they'll be increasing that, I think they learned that lesson from vanilla Destiny. I wouldn't mind collecting mats on patrol, I always kinda enjoyed it. The problem was the scaling was insanely out of whack and became a huge bottleneck for maxing new gear.

Tjamato88

I don't really understand all this mark discussion. How does this system work now and what exactly is changing?

I guess being underleveled at all the venders makes it easy for me to ignore all of it.

lt519

Its funny how we've gone full circle. We used to be able to trade in planetary mats for vanguard/crucible rep and they took it out to actually buy planetary mats for vanguard/crucible marks and now we're back to buying rep with mats.

TL;DR people have a lot of shit laying around in their vaults

Frenden

Banned
I'm not sharding a thing until TTK. The messaging has been muddy.

I'll probably keep one Hopscotch--maybe both, my mini-moon Fulcrum, a Her Benevolence that I like, a good BTRD roll, Radeghast, raid weapons, and my old Prudence II.

I realize that year one weapons won't convert to marks per Like Smith, but Bungie has been insistent that we hang on to things for now.

I assume that's because they're afraid people will shard emblems, shaders, and other items that will need to be alive on your account in order to be added to collections.

Across all 3 characters & vault...

Spirit Bloom: 2320
Relic Iron: 1185
Spinmetal: 1104
Helium: 967

Um, yeah... I spent way too much time farming Ether chests =P

I for one will welcome the commendations for marks. Especially since the reward packages will be better.

darthbob

I'm going to get rid of all of my Shards/Energies. Unless they'll be useful when leveling up a faction?

We don't know. Presumably they'll still have a use, seeing as how in the test build yesterday DeeJ had 9999999 of them. (Radiant, not Ascendant)

I'd just vault them or hold on to them until we know more.

lt519

I'm going to get rid of all of my Shards/Energies. Unless they'll be useful when leveling up a faction?

I'm saving them so I can trade them in for Glimmer or Motes, whatever I need at the time. I'm guessing everyone is going to be Glimmer limited. Mats, marks, and everything else seem to come pretty freely but Glimmer is probably staying the same (minus the ghost shells that increase glimmer on killing certain enemy types)

zewone

So...

If legendary weapons now don't convert or break down into anything different when TTK drops, does it really make sense to hoard them? I don't quite get why they told us to hang onto them.

At this point it's best to just hang on to them, but yeah, so far I don't see a reason to not break them down yet.

I actually had to break down a number of things myself last night to make room to re-roll my Warlock. I like to live dangerously.

Frenden

Banned
Not to mention, year two guns don't seem to be reforgeable based on everything we know. The god rolls we have may only be useful in vanilla Crucible, but we may not be able to get anything as good after.

Top Bottom