• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Anastasis

Question for y'all...

Getting back into Destiny for the first time in about eight months. I really only enjoy playing Crucible. I'm a level 28. Am I ever going to level up again if I only stick to Crucible?

Yes! Right now you can get up to level 33 through gear sold by the various Crucible vendors (Crucible, Future War Cult, New Monarchy, Dead Orbit) with crucible marks that you earn from playing crucible. You need to rank up your reputation with any of them to rank 2 to purchase armor.

To get to the level cap of 34 doing only Crucible, you will need etheric light from Iron Banner or Trials of Osiris or light level 42 gear from Trials.

rNilla

I've deleted a lot of planetary mats during House of Wolves. I don't bother keeping anything beyond one stack of 200 to save space.

Because crucible vendor isn't the only vender that sold mats pre 2.0...we don't have all the information so no need to freak out.

If theythey are still in, having then at both the vanguard and crucible vendor would just be redundant since they will no longer have sperate marks. Either one will go away, or they will give that function to a different vendor all together.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Xbox one? Add me at Trip Like I Do and I'll run trials with you this weekend. Might not be able to do much damage but we'll get you some drops/packages and you'll be 30+ in no time.

Mind if I add you? Seems the XB1 community on GAF has dropped a lot from launch. Had no problems at launch doing Strikes and Raid but now I can barely get anyone.

Unlimited marks yes but why is it capped at 200? if it's a UI thing and can only be 3 digits then why not cap at 999?

Its likely to promote more gameplay and use of the various new systems

They likely want to slow the rapid fire progression from material hoarders

Namikaze1

Jesus Nami.

You're putting 20 into those buggy as fuck games?

You might as well get a Nicalis game instead
It was the only games I could think of at that time, NeOak!

Okay, what about The Last of Us Remastered? Going for $15 in a few places and includes multiplayer + single player DLC. Is that better? :p

Unlimited marks yes but why is it capped at 200? if it's a UI thing and can only be 3 digits then why not cap at 999?

It makes no sense when so much of the stuff costs ~135 marks to buy one item. Just an annoying reason to force people back to the Tower often or risk wasting earned marks.

For all their improvements they still manage to stumble over simple stuff sometimes.

Navy Bean

Mind if I add you? Seems the XB1 community on GAF has dropped a lot from launch. Had no problems at launch doing Strikes and Raid but now I can barely get anyone.

We're here, just in hiding... Actually a decent size group but posting on here is sometimes difficult for forming groups.

eFKac

Hey guys, just got Destiny this Monday, looking for a clan!

I'm a lvl 26 Hunter, mostly interested in PVE stuff, rather skilled player.

Totally addicted to this game.

Edit. PS4, could also hit me up on PSN - Filip_Kackiewicz.

It makes no sense when so much of the stuff costs ~135 marks to buy one item. Just an annoying reason to force people back to the Tower often or risk wasting earned marks.

For all their improvements they still manage to stumble over simple stuff sometimes.

It makes sense to me

They want to slow people down from amassing a full loadout before even playing the new content

That said its not really that hard to earn more marks and there is no limit to how many you keep earning

WipedOut

Add the people from the xbox list found on the first page, there are always people around you just need to know who they are. Trying to get something done through this OT is very hard, we don't always look here. Feel free to add me, GT: Wipedout. Usually on for a bit most nights.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
If theythey are still in, having then at both the vanguard and crucible vendor would just be redundant since they will no longer have sperate marks. Either one will go away, or they will give that function to a different vendor all together.
Yes that's what I was implying. If you guys remember they didn't show us anything going on in the hanger. That was pretty sketchy.

Deku Tree

I have almost 1600 of each planetary mat and no space! I dismantle them for nothing when I need space! I guess I don't have to worry about th possible new planetary mat grind in TTK...

Axoman

I think the 200 limit is intentional and not an oversight.

Xbox one? Add me at Trip Like I Do and I'll run trials with you this weekend. Might not be able to do much damage but we'll get you some drops/packages and you'll be 30+ in no time.

I added you, always looking to expand my trials player pool.

We're here, just in hiding... Actually a decent size group but posting on here is sometimes difficult for forming groups.

*Pokes his hand up* I'm on Xbox too, but UK hours. I've slowly started adding some GaF people on to my list, as I discover them :)

There is a chap called Truelize who doesn't seem to post much but is on quite a lot.

phen0m24

Add the people from the xbox list found on the first page, there are always people around you just need to know who they are. Trying to get something done through this OT is very hard, we don't always look here. Feel free to add me, GT: Wipedout. Usually on for a bit most nights.

Ve3tro add me if you want - these fine gents above are great to play with. We did some raiding yesterday!

GT same as GAF

Although I am also a traitor as I play on both consoles lol

Nuszka

I preordered the Collector's Edition as soon as it was up, so I'm definitely in. I tried to come back for HoW, but thought the expansion was pretty light on things to do that I haven't done before. I think I burned myself out in Destiny 1 + first DLC. I do miss our weekly raid parties though, even if I was up at 4 am for them :)

Great to hear that. 15th can't come any sooner.

Blunoise

Hey guys, just got Destiny this Monday, looking for a clan!

I'm a lvl 26 Hunter, mostly interested in PVE stuff, rather skilled player.

Totally addicted to this game.

Come join the best clan out there Team "SEXY" by our fearless leader Kadey

zewone

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the following was either left out completely from the Twitch stream or was mentioned in passing:

Hopefully we get the actual info here for this stuff in the BWU today.

According to Luke Smith, they had did a practice run where they did go over artifacts, but during the live run they forgot to bring it up.

He said they'll save it for the next Twitch presentation.

Edit: Here
i968wzr.png

MechDX

Im on the One and always down for anything BUT PvP. Fuck that mode.

Ill even run missions with lower levels to help them out. Great time to level up weapons and gear while helping new characters through the slog of leveling

Tag is DX

Anastasis

My guess is that they want people to pace out gear updates. Save up, buy that new exotic, play with it while you grind new marks for the next upgrade. If gear is still 75 marks (except for helmet) then the most you can buy are two items at a time.

Or it is in place for future updates so that people can't get too far ahead if marks carry over to the next DLC.

It makes sense to me

They want to slow people down from amassing a full loadout before even playing the new content

That said its not really that hard to earn more marks and there is no limit to how many you keep earning

It doesn't slow anything down except for the loading time going back and forth to the Tower. You can have a full load out as fast as you can gain marks... and load the Tower every time you hit 200. If you forget to buy something before doing another activity then you just lost the marks for that activity.

It only adds loading time and an increased potential for wasted marks.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Great to hear that. 15th can't come any sooner.

I'm gonna request some days off. I have 3 weeks of vacation I need to use by the end of the year. Might as well start using them now.

Still hoping that Bungie implements some clan/communication support in the game, or an LFG board. Probably won't happen though.

Just got my 100 wins in Salvage. Thanks to nOoblet, Nuszka, Inapplicable and the random from my stream that joined to get my final 15 wins. Also a huge thanks to Bitsurugi and Ikkarus for all the other wins every time Salvage came up :)

It doesn't slow anything down except for the loading time going back and forth to the Tower. You can have a full load out as fast as you can gain marks... and load the Tower every time you hit 200. If you forget to buy something before doing another activity then you just lost the marks for that activity.

Exactly my thoughts, totally agree.

My guess is that they want people to pace out gear updates. Save up, buy that new exotic, play with it while you grind new marks for the next upgrade. If gear is still 75 marks (except for helmet) then the most you can buy are two items at a time.

Or it is in place for future updates so that people can't get too far ahead if marks carry over to the next DLC.

I saw other gear pieces at 60 marks so there is some variation here and there

lt519

I agree. And on this note I can happily announce that my regular fireteam cleared Skolas last night for the first time with just these modifiers. We actually switched to Mida's after wiping to Captains melee a couple of times just so we could keep the radar active along with the movement speed buff and that worked out very well.

We usually have someone run with a Fang to keep the radar active to call out if anything is getting too close. Mida's are great for the fight too. I saw you guys playing last night, congrats!!

He might of meant looking ahead to the next DLC drop - if they want to actually keep a currency rather than inventing a new one each time (that people have 0 of to start) then they have to keep a low limit so you don't just launch the DLC and buy all the guns you need.

zewone

Why isn't this plenty? Missed that announcement.

It looks like you have to go back and manually find material. They weren't for sale at the vendor during the presentation.

Ghost shells now have abilities to help you find material faster. So it seems like that's the direction it's going back in.

As opposed to what they are used for now?

If anything this makes them very valuable and you will actually WANT to spend them regularly

Sure its not what you wanted exactly but its still a much better system

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It looks like you have to go back and manually find material. They weren't for sale at the vendor during the presentation.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. That would be one of the worst changes ever.

Top Bottom