• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
WP rounds are the only thing that make GHorn OP. They put the baller in Ballerhorn, the horny is Gjallarhorny. The Horn nerf is about two unknowns now: how much will WP rounds be nerfed, and will GH eventually be brought forward to Year 2? Afaik they haven't specified the former and the Twitch stream left some ambiguity about the latter.
I stand by my comment. They aren't removing the wolfpack rounds and no other rocket launcher at present has them.

Obviously they meant armor, because our characters will be boosted to the level of their highest possible current light level based on the armor held by the character and in the vault.

Seems like weapons will not be used for anything special, not even the 10 gjallerhorns I bought up.

looks like all year one stuff is going to come out of the box with 160 light level now. weapons and armor. granted we dont have a ghost when we boot the game up most of will be
level 34 with 144 light. not shabby.

blackflag

Finally watched the year 2 preview. Looks like it is time to get going again.

Looks like it will be great. I guess I'll just max out my marks on all 3 characters.

Also need 10 golden chests to get the year 1 completionist badge...or whatever it is called.

Finally watched the year 2 preview. Looks like it is time to get going again.

Looks like it will be great. I guess I'll just max out my marks on all 3 characters.

Also need 10 golden chests to get the year 1 completionist badge...or whatever it is called.

Le Moments O' Triumphs :p

Sounds like mats are going to be a big deal, and that's ok. But wish Bungie would turn mat slots into those 'infinite' stack sizes. That would be super nice.
It was a bigger deal when it used to cost 16 mats per node. Now it's down to what, 4 or 5? Since the change I never exchanged marks because I needed them... I just did it because I was at the mark cap and didn't want them to go to waste.

Also, increasing the stack cap HAS to happen.

MrDaravon

So I'm just doing PoE 28 to grind out an Elder Cipher since it has matchmaking, and I have 5 keys on this character so every single time I open the Queen's chest. Then I open the small chests, and I've gotten a Treasure Key out of the small chest 4 times in a row now. This is ridiculous lol

So I'm just doing PoE 28 to grind out an Elder Cipher since it has matchmaking, and I have 5 keys on this character so every single time I open the Queen's chest. Then I open the small chests, and I've gotten a Treasure Key out of the small chest 4 times in a row now. This is ridiculous lol

Her Mercys out the wazoo!

Rahvar

Hey DestinyGaf.

I've been inactive on Destiny for a few months, partially because I've been busy but mostly because the people I played with stopped playing.

I'm really looking forward to TTK but Destiny is a game best enjoyed in the company of others.

I really would like to get the year one Moments of Triumph completed, especially since all I lack is 3 golden chests and Skolas. Chests are obviously easy to get on my own. But I've never done PoE higher than 32, tried 34 with some people from DestinyLFG but it was a disaster sadly.

I'm in Sweden so I play in the evenings CET, usually on after 19.00 up to 23.00. In the weekends I'm available most of the days unless I've got something planned.
Thankfully my wife is very understanding of my Destiny needs :p
Oh, and I play on PS4.

PSN name is Thaennon, I will also be reading the thread of course:)

Not at all. I'll be on tomorrow night, and probably a good bit at night this weekend. Mostly run trials but I still run raids and whatever else.

I have added you too - hope you don't mind? I'm generally happy to jump in whenever people need an extra.

Would like to get in to Trials and have some kind of success at some point :)

lt519

Hey DestinyGaf.

For Skolas, try to get to level 34, it helps. The best things to have are a good arc shotgun at 365 (4th Horseman, Found Verdict, any of the new Crucible Shotty's, Her Courtesy, etc) and whatever else tickles your fancy at 365 for a Primary and Heavy. Primary Arcs are great like Fatebringer, Fang of ir Yut, etc. Titan Defender (helm of saint 14), Warlock Sunsinger (with Ram), and Bladedancer are the best classes.

I take people through Skolas when I have time and a few others are more than willing to help out. Your best bet is to start getting a group together at the time you want to play. Most the group forming happens here in real time but you could try and organize something ahead of time. The thread moves fast so don't get discouraged if your posts get overlooked, just post again.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Thanks! That did a good job explaining it. Seems like the new system is beneficial in the sense that I can earn unlimited marks but the 200 cap does seem really restrictive.

It sounds like I'll be doing a lot of grinding for marks taking them to the Tower and then grinding again.
Yeah that's why people aren't happy. Not to mention people like me who forget things easily and will fill up the cap forgetting I need to spend that 200 pool

I stand by my comment. They aren't removing the wolfpack rounds and no other rocket launcher at present has them.

Your comment was the nerf isn't really significant because it only affects WP rounds. My point is WP rounds are the only essential part of GH (which is what you seem to be saying here) and we don't know how significant it is until they say how much they're nerfing them. If they nerf them by 90% they won't be useful anymore. If they never bring GH into Year 2 it will get left behind even for old content. If they nerf them by 10% and eventually create a Year 2 Horn then it's a totally different story.

Of course everyone should hold onto their Horns, it would be crazy to suggest otherwise. But saying a Horn nerf isn't significant because it only affects WP rounds is not correct.

Rahvar

For Skolas, try to get to level 34, it helps. The best things to have are a good arc shotgun at 365 (4th Horseman, Found Verdict, any of the new Crucible Shotty's, Her Courtesy, etc) and whatever else tickles your fancy at 365 for a Primary and Heavy. Primary Arcs are great like Fatebringer, Fang of ir Yut, etc. Titan Defender (helm of saint 14), Warlock Sunsinger (with Ram), and Bladedancer are the best classes.

I take people through Skolas when I have time and a few others are more than willing to help out. Your best bet is to start getting a group together at the time you want to play. Most the group forming happens here in real time but you could try and organize something ahead of time. The thread moves fast so don't get discouraged if your posts get overlooked, just post again.

Sorry, should have thought about that. I am 34, just levelling a new exotic atm so logged off as a 33 last time:)

Daemul

The thing I'm most looking forward to with TTK is the ability to just stick with one character. I've never been a fan of having multiple characters since all I did was do the same shit three times over just with a different skin, but with the removal of the weekly mark cap, Infusion and (what looks like) a crazy amount of new content, I'll finally have enough shit to do to last me a whole week on one character, meaning I don't have to burn myself out doing everything 3 times over anymore.

I'm already holding the cursor over my alts in anticipation of being able to delete them at along last.

rejoice.png

I really would like to get the year one Moments of Triumph completed, especially since all I lack is 3 golden chests and Skolas.

PSN name is Thaennon, I will also be reading the thread of course:)

I'm not sure what time zone CET is, but I'm guessing it's maybe 19:30 or 20:30 for you currently? I try to do lots of newbie Skolas runs to make sure any Gaffers have their Triumphs. Not sure how much time I'll have tonight though. I'm in EST so it's 13:30 for me currently but I'll be around lots of times if you still need to do it later this week or next.

LTWood12

In all the excitement yesterday, I forgot to share my own little moment of Triumph....

This past March, after many a hard-mode Crota clear, a Crux of Crota was bestowed upon me.

However, RNG in her cruelty refused to grace me with a single 'common' Husk of the Pit. Countless patrols, and over a hundred hive rituals were crashed in it's pursuit. By about June I had given up, coming to the conclusion that there was no way the gun was even in the game anymore.

Then I had a son.

Then, with contrite heart, Bungie admitted to the injustice. The Blades of Crota had in fact been hoarding the Husk, refusing to drop them since May 19th. Once the fix was implemented, I went back to the Cosmodrome with a new aura of confidence. The Husk would be mine.

It took five more attempts, and me lowering my Guardian level to 28 for the Husk to finally drop. Hallelujah! The game even kept count for me. It dropped on the 196th Blade of Crota kill

DbP70oxm.jpg

With renewed energy and enthusiasm, I promptly set to awaking the hive over and over again to fill the belly of this disgusting creature. Once I reached 500, I headed to Eris for the Embalming orb, only then realizing I needed three more Black Wax Idols.

Surely that won't be a problem I thought, I'll just go kill some Hive Majors. Half an hour later, after killing the three hive majors in the Steppes countless times, I hadn't gotten a single idol. It felt like some higher power was attempting to keep me from getting the last exotic I needed. But they underestimated my intent to kill Sardock multiple times, and to take on Omnigul w/ no burn. Finally, w/ the help of Lnkn I got the last idol I needed, and purchased the Embalming Orb!

19 bounties and 5 Auto-Rifle Telemetries later, my journey came to an end.

ZPP3BTIl.jpg

GlamFM

Banned
I'm not sure what time zone CET is, but I'm guessing it's maybe 19:30 or 20:30 for you currently? I try to do lots of newbie Skolas runs to make sure any Gaffers have their Triumphs. Not sure how much time I'll have tonight though. I'm in EST so it's 13:30 for me currently but I'll be around lots of times if you still need to do it later this week or next.

Ohhhhhhhhh! I'm up for that! I'll get In touch this weekend.

Man.

Nearly 300,000 people were watching that stream yesterday. DestinyGaf is about to get huge.

Wait, why are we getting huge from the stream? Or just because the game is popular?

It made me laugh when Deej said he follows the Cryptarch on Twitter since he's referring to (frequently banned) DGAF'er Skele7on.

Lnkn52

Wait, why are we getting huge from the stream? Or just because the game is popular?

It made me laugh when Deej said he follows the Cryptarch on Twitter since he's referring to (frequently banned) DGAF'er Skele7on.

shhhh don't tell Deej he's a Gafer.

In all the excitement yesterday, I forgot to share my own little moment of Triumph....

This past March, after many a hard-mode Crota clear, a Crux of Crota was bestowed upon me.

However, RNG in her cruelty refused to grace me with a single 'common' Husk of the Pit. Countless patrols, and over a hundred hive rituals were crashed in it's pursuit. By about June I had given up, coming to the conclusion that there was no way the gun was even in the game anymore.

Then I had a son.

Then, with contrite heart, Bungie admitted to the injustice. The Blades of Crota had in fact been hoarding the Husk, refusing to drop them since May 19th. Once the fix was implemented, I went back to the Cosmodrome with a new aura of confidence. The Husk would be mine.

It took five more attempts, and me lowering my Guardian level to 28 for the Husk to finally drop. Hallelujah! The game even kept count for me.
Does lowering light level make a difference?

Welcome! Feel free to add me: ichabod00.

Here's a list of clans in the OP: DGaf Clans

Unfortunately Clans aren't used all that well in Destiny, they can be good for looks for groups tho.

You'll want to join SEXY, we're the best Shoot First Kiss Later

Related question: How do you set what the clan tag [within the brackets] shows up as?

I could have sworn I've seen a field to input it, but now I can't find it.

The thing I'm most looking forward to with TTK is the ability to just stick with one character. I've never been a fan of having multiple characters since all I did was do the same shit three times over just with a different skin, but with the removal of the weekly mark cap and (what looks like) a crazy amount of new content, I'll finally have enough shit to do to last me a whole week on one character, meaning I don't have to burn myself out doing everything 3 times over anymore.

I'm already holding the cursor over my alts in anticipation of being able to delete them at along last.

I LOVE playing all 3 characters, but the sheer amount of things to do, so many bounties, quests and raids its going to really hard to juggle them. I've grown very fond of all three of my lovely ladies

my titan with the red pigtails and larger than life attitude
my hunter with her blue hippy hair and headband shes very free wheeling.
and my warlock with her upper east side look, shes very modern and doesn't take shit from anyone

not to mention I have to try out all 3 new sub-classes, TTK is going to wreck me.
I still haven't figured out which class im gonna play the story with first.

when we form fireteams for the story and quest content on 9-15, we should okay the same class. that way we can play the sub-class and class specific quests at the same time.

lt519

Sorry, should have thought about that. I am 34, just levelling a new exotic atm so logged off as a 33 last time:)

I hadn't looked, just assumed you were still leveling up :) You can add me, psn: rarbusto, you may catch me on a weekend but I doubt our timelines will line up well. Best bet is weekend afternoon when it's evening there and I might be able to run you through.

Top Bottom