• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

darthbob

I wish I could have the Noomi and not noomi85 :(

Steam does it the best, chose your username and change the display name to whatever you want.

Wish we had the option to name our characters and display that over our guys, or choose to see our PSN/XBL handle.

Hey guys..... so completely unrelated but I figured I would make an announcement since it's kind of a big deal....

Noomi Jr. ETA Spring 2016

:D

Gonna have to teach it the ways of Destiny!

DScnz1O.gif

Congrats!

Hey guys..... so completely unrelated but I figured I would make an announcement since it's kind of a big deal....

Yaaay! Congrats Noomi! How many DGAF babies is that during year 1? I've lost count by now.

Nuszka

Congrats!!! Mini Noomi on the way !!! Will he/she get a plushie hawkmoon for birthday ? :)

noomi

Congrats!!! Mini Noomi on the way !!! Will he/she get a plushie hawkmoon for birthday ? :)

I can see the bedtime stories now "You know little one.... there was once a time when daddy didn't have the Hawkmoon"

Nice! Congrats

Congrats! Now you can get around the 200 Mark cap.

Congrats!

Yaaay! Congrats Noomi! How many DGAF babies is that during year 1? I've lost count by now.

Congrats!!

Thanks guys! There was a few, I know that coy and LT had babeh's this year as well

Our DGAF family is getting bigger and bigger *tear*

ich00

Related question: How do you set what the clan tag [within the brackets] shows up as?

I could have sworn I've seen a field to input it, but now I can't find it.

You have to do it though the bungie.net site. On the Clan page you should see under the name of the group "Set as Playstation Clan." Click that and you're good to go!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Congrats Noomi!

Can we still get exotic bounties? Would like to try for the Thorn before TTK. Can't even remember how get them to show. Is it complete a certain amount of bounties. Only one I completed was Invective.

ich00

Congrats! Now you really get to Become Legend

Tjamato88

Sure. The gaffer who is setting this up needs the clan trophies for strikes and the raid.

There's a link to a list of clans in the OP. the clan is School of Hawk. Jus hit join and set the clan as your Playstation clan.
I went ahead and joined this one too. I'd love to get those achievements whenever you guys run them.

Mupod

I mean, some people created their PSN IDs as early as 2004 w/ the PSP.

Someone swiped 'Mupod' back in 2007 or whatever when I made my PSN name and I was taken aback since it's a nonsense word that's always available when I want it. Wish they'd do a blizzard-style name reclamation.

it would be cool if it replaced iron banner or something. comes once a month

I like Iron Banner better than Trials. I find trial to be too Elitst LFG Clansmen

Iron Banner, anyone can jump in. Trials..... ooohhhh you have to have a team assembled in LFG or good friends or else you can't play

I like Iron Banner better than Trials. I find trial to be too Elitst LFG Clansmen

Iron Banner, anyone can jump in. Trials..... ooohhhh you have to have a team assembled in LFG or good friends or else you can't play

yeah know that you say, I pretty much feel the same way. more modes the better. I suck at trials anyway.

MrDaravon

Anyone going to be doing any Raiding in the next 3 hours or so (before my wife gets home!). Have only done VoG on one character this week and haven't touched Crota.

Shito

I mean, some people created their PSN IDs as early as 2004 w/ the PSP.
Nope, PSN was launched in November 2006, with the PS3.
I remember snatching a Japanese one at launch and being able to create my US and French accounts weeks and months before people in the U.S. or Europe could. :D
That's how I could easily get "Bonsoir" for my French account, while a friend of mine took "Bonjour" for his... ^^

It is, but it's whatever. I like trials simply because I like the elimination playlist as a nice change of pace. With it being permanent in TTK I'm not even really sure I'll bother with trials. I'm not that serious about it, but regardless the weapon tweaks will make it better.

I remember snatching a Japanese one at launch and being able to create my US and French accounts weeks and months before people in the U.S. Or Europe could. :D

I really wish had the forsight that someday I would enjoy online games. a single player only guy until Destiny. I would have picked something cooler

Mupod

The IB I participated in was awesome because you could always get a nice GAF group going. It's not impossible to make a crucible group in this thread but an event really brings people together. Even if it was brutal going in as a 26 against 30s at the time...I came out a 29 in the end.

I'm not sure what time zone CET is, but I'm guessing it's maybe 19:30 or 20:30 for you currently? I try to do lots of newbie Skolas runs to make sure any Gaffers have their Triumphs. Not sure how much time I'll have tonight though. I'm in EST so it's 13:30 for me currently but I'll be around lots of times if you still need to do it later this week or next.

As another returning player I'd be interested in this at some point, completing Triumphs are my main goal and I just need Skolas/Crota HM now.

I'm 34 and improving all the time but some gear suggestions for Skolas would be nice. I'm guessing Arc stuff?

Shito

I really wish had the forsight that someday I would enjoy online games. a single player only guy until Destiny. I would have picked something cooler
Protip: don't pick something with "shit" in it, even if it means "angel" in Japanese, and even if you are an Evangelion fan.
Some sites or services will not understand this. ^^

Juraash

Wish we had the option to name our characters and display that over our guys, or choose to see our PSN/XBL handle.

Would be so great. Bungie shoyld jusf embrace Destiny's MMO nature and let us name characters. I'm stuck with a PSN name I thought was awesome back in the day. Oh well, I guess it could be way worse, at least I'm not xX_cockpuncher_XX or something.

Deku Tree

How many people are going to grind TTK Strikes and PvP non-stop for a long time when TTK launches in order to get new copies of all of your old exotics? Need 135 legendary marks to buy a year 2 remixed copy of your old exotics.

OMG I don't want to do any of that at all ever... I guess I'm just going to have a smaller amount of OP stuff for a while...

Mupod

Fatebringer/Fang , Found Verdict, Ghorn

I've ascended my arc fatebringer/found verdict and the Horn is of course maxed. Good to hear.

How many people are going to grind TTK Strikes and PvP non-stop for a long time when TTK launches in order to get new copies of all of your old exotics.

OMG I don't want to do any of that at all ever... I guess I'm just going to have a smaller amount of OP stuff for a while...

The concept of legendary marks, new bounties, and removing the mark cap will skew me more towards PVP for sure. And that was already most of my playtime.

rNilla

How many people are going to grind TTK Strikes and PvP non-stop for a long time when TTK launches in order to get new copies of all of your old exotics.

It's a long road. Enjoy it.

I remember snatching a Japanese one at launch and being able to create my US and French accounts weeks and months before people in the U.S. or Europe could. :D
That's how I could easily get "Bonsoir" for my French account, while a friend of mine took "Bonjour" for his... ^^

What was it when SOCOM was out? I was Agent47 on the first one but SOCOM 2 I had this user name onwards as numbers were no longer allowed during registration. I've never had to create a new account since those days.

I dont care to play trials that much but I love watching it played. when I was into Magic the gathering back in the day, I would love watching the pro tours. watching it really seems like the best of the best mode. I would love to have a Trials tournament once a month, played on a Saturday. Single elimination. upto a top 64. This games needs stars that are not just on twitch. Trials is the closest this game can get to MLG status

I don't get why we need new copies. Can`t we just buy a new one if we already owned one?

Or are your referring the Legendary Marks system?

Lee

I love Trials, but you're right. LFG during Trials feels like a dating website. I throw my stats and build up looking for a chill group, and I either get zero responses, or I get invites from the most desperate assortment of people. I've tried to just go with it and play with bad teams, but it's no fun. It usually takes a good twenty minutes to find a decent lfg group to play with.

just gonna start with just a few, the ones I opay with all the time, granted there available. Then when the next expasion gets closer, why not. I have never play with 80% of the exotics I have anyway. they just rot away in the vault right now.

LTWood12

Macello created his in 2005, for the PSP game Burnout Legends.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Looks like Noomi Jr comes equipped with time travel abilities! Congrats :p

Congrats!!! Many adventures await you! May you, mom and baby be blessed through this time!

Attention Xbox gamers
Anyone interested in running Skolas this afternoon? It's all I have left for the year one emblem.

Top Bottom