• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

For example: No Backup Plans has been redesigned
  • We significantly extended the duration of the old perk “Improved Disintegrate”
  • Now, Shotgun kills will also trigger Force Barrier when its off of cooldown
  • And yes, when triggered via Shotgun, Force Barrier also gets the benefit of the selected perk (Shotgun kills can trigger War Machine)

Helm of Saint 14 just got some competition. I already do a No Back Up Plans build thanks to True Vanguard.

Deku Tree

Summary: Gjallarhorn will remain a Year One Exotic at Year One levels.

Sn2rplM.jpg

50 marks = 1 commendation

Means you can take a maximum of 24 commendations into TTK.

That's almost three rank ups with the NF bonus for your 1200 marks. I'll take it.

Waldini

R.I.P Gjallarhorn...

Fuck you Bungie for leaving Exotics behind. Shove that "we cant EDIT Xur" comment up your ass while you are at it.

phen0m24

Sucks they didn't include xur gjallarhorn stats.

I think as great as that would be it would likely lead to the question that audience is not yet asking:

Why isn't the Horn being redesigned as a 2.0?

Once that starts to percolate expect the backlash

SkylineRKR

But seeing there are all new perks who knows how fucking useless Horn would've become anyway. It also depends on encounter design, or boss design if you will.

If Horn is not transfered its obviously not needed to tackle TTK. There seem to be more useful perks and benefits overall this time around. I wonder how it all plays out.

MrDaravon

Start your own.

I'm always afraid to start Raids because I'm never a leader, I only started Raiding less than a month ago >_>. You're right though, people (like me) should just step up more if we want to get parties going sometimes. Still haven't had a single bad experience running anything with anyone here, except for the one time someone brought one of their friends in who ragequit Crota lol.

Edit: A female exo is dancing in front of me in the tower, and either they have new dances early or I somehow have just never actually seen a female titan exo dance? What determines dances, is it race + class or is it also gender + race + class?

ocean

Banned
50 marks = 1 commendation

Means you can take a maximum of 24 commendations into TTK.
If commendations still dismantle for 250 rep that means a grand total of 6,000 rep for my 1,200 Marks.

If you apply the Nightfall 25% boost, that's 3 Faction rank level ups. 6 actually considering Vanguard/Crucible gain rep on top of your faction.

LTWood12

For example: No Backup Plans has been redesigned
  • We significantly extended the duration of the old perk “Improved Disintegrate”
  • Now, Shotgun kills will also trigger Force Barrier when its off of cooldown
  • And yes, when triggered via Shotgun, Force Barrier also gets the benefit of the selected perk (Shotgun kills can trigger War Machine)

Helm of Saint 14 just got some competition. I already do a No Back Up Plans build thanks to True Vanguard.

Yeah these are much improved. Actually worth using! Wish these existed now. They'd be great for Skolas.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawk! Just wanted to check if you have a full roster for tonight's Raid. Little bro is so hyped, it'll be his first Destiny Raid!!
Sweet, which one is your brother?

Not full yet. 3 more spots

Thursday, 8/20/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (3 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.

I'm always afraid to start Raids because I'm never a leader, I only started Raiding less than a month ago >_>. You're right though, people (like me) should just step up more if we want to get parties going sometimes. Still haven't had a single bad experience running anything with anyone here, except for the one time someone brought one of their friends in who ragequit Crota lol.

Edit: A female exo is dancing in front of me in the tower, and either they have new dances early or I somehow have just never actually seen a female titan exo dance? What determines dances, is it race + class or is it also gender + race + class?

Race + gender.

Class doesn't matter.

GutZ31

Bu... But I've done the raids like 2 teams, if I start one people will expect me to know where to go and... >_<

Starting a raid group is never about being the leader.
You want to do it? Ask to join a group being formed, or create one from scratch.

You are always free to let everyone know where you stand when you are asking for people to join.

This is Gaf. You are likely to get at least 1 sherpadurp or 2.

Friday, August 14, 2015: HALLELUJA! GHORN!
Thursday, August 20, 2015: NO YEAR 2 GHORN CONFIRMED, RIP.

At least this nightfall was solar. Hopefully the remaining nightfalls are rainbow to enjoy everything!

OT 29 | Nolan Grr Gjallarhorny

Top Bottom