• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Namikaze1

how do we get these again?
I believe the requirements for the VIP stuff is to have play the game before a certain date (can't remember the date) and have at least one character at maxed level (level 20) (not light level)

I could be wrong.
Quite possibly actually

I am wrong

Edit: aw shit. Top of the page. Um... BEHOLD, THE MIGHTY TITAN SUNBREAKER!

m8LjBx.gif

yX2dnM.gif

Spoo

For example: No Backup Plans has been redesigned
  • We significantly extended the duration of the old perk “Improved Disintegrate”
  • Now, Shotgun kills will also trigger Force Barrier when its off of cooldown
  • And yes, when triggered via Shotgun, Force Barrier also gets the benefit of the selected perk (Shotgun kills can trigger War Machine)

Helm of Saint 14 just got some competition. I already do a No Back Up Plans build thanks to True Vanguard.

Holy shit.

Totally vindicated my Titan strength build with No Backup Plans :D

Deku Tree

I feel bad for all the guardians who only got their Gjallarhorn from Xur last weekend and can only experience it's OP awesomeness for the brief next few weeks.

I believe the requirements for the VIP stuff is to have play the game before a certain date (can't remember the date) and have at least one character at maxed level (level 20) (not light level)

I could be wrong.
Quite possibly actually

Edit: aw shit. Top of the page. Um... BEHOLD, THE MIGHTY TITAN SUNBREAKER!

You got your info wrong, too.

One character has to be at least level 30, not 20, before TTK.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Daaamn didn't see that No Backup Plans redesign. That's so cool. Crazy awesome for a Universal Remote build...

(also would've sent my old Thornplan build into overdrive back when you actually had to account for reload speed on that gun)

KJRage

Stupid question. I know they said not to dismantle anything, but does anyone actually know if ranking up a legendary armor or weapon that you kept affect the light level also? or is just having it in the inventory enough?

MrDaravon

Starting a raid group is never about being the leader.
You want to do it? Ask to join a group being formed, or create one from scratch.

You are always free to let everyone know where you stand when you are asking for people to join.

This is Gaf. You are likely to get at least 1 sherpadurp or 2.

You're totally right, it's just a personal hangup. It took a lot for me to even initially ask to party up with people here at all when I started playing again ~6 weeks ago and now I always have people on :D

Kyoufu

What will happen to my old Vanguard and Crucible Marks from Year One?
When The Taken King is released, blocks of fifty Vanguard and Crucible Marks will be converted into one reputation consumable

I called 50 earlier in the thread

Does this mean these consumables will be in our postmaster? So I'm guessing it'll be pointless filling it up with Public Event packages?

Voror

All this news about TTK has had me wanting to check the game back out again. I got it at launch but was turned off by the lack of story and when I started hearing how leveling went as you got further along.

Would it be worth it to maybe rent the game for a few days to get back into the feel of things before TTK launches, or would I be better off just waiting the few weeks left?

Lee

They made it sound like year one content (raids, strikes etc) won't be changed for year 2, so I would assume that they could drop from there?

I think that's a safe assumption. VoG and CE will be for collectors and the novelty of it and farming materials for glimmer exhange. PoE will be for those cipher three exotics.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All this news about TTK has had me wanting to check the game back out again. I got it at launch but was turned off by the lack of story and when I started hearing how leveling went as you got further along.

Would it be worth it to maybe rent the game for a few days to get back into the feel of things before TTK launches, or would I be better off just waiting the few weeks left?
Probably just jump in at launch unless there's something specific you want to accomplish. It would be very jarring to relearn the way things work to any extent only to have it thrown out the window in a few weeks.
what an "or"

Spoo

They made it sound like year one content (raids, strikes etc) won't be changed for year 2, so I would assume that they could drop from there?

I'd be relatively certain they aren't going to fuck with Y1 drops because ... well, people are collectors and will rip out bungies collective throat for it.

edit: think I misinterpreted what you were saying.

LTWood12

Either way I think you'll have a great time. You can get a lot of helpful information by reading the OP, if you do decide to jump in. A lost has changed since you put the game down!

Waldini

So they are making content redundant! Wow Bungie... Way to justify that 40 dollar price tag!

Sorry GAF. I wish you all the best with TTK. This shit Bungie pulls ...

Homeboyd

If commendations still dismantle for 250 rep that means a grand total of 6,000 rep for my 1,200 Marks.

If you apply the Nightfall 25% boost, that's 3 Faction rank level ups. 6 actually considering Vanguard/Crucible gain rep on top of your faction.
I missed this part of the stream.

Does crucible and vanguard rep BOTH go up as you rank up your pledged faction? ie if I earn 100 rep for Dead Orbit, do I also simultaneously get 100 rep for vanguard and crucible factions at the same time? Seems crazy if so, but I've heard that mentioned more times than just here.

zewone

I missed this part of the stream.

Does crucible and vanguard rep BOTH go up as you rank up your pledged faction? ie if I earn 100 rep for Dead Orbit, do I also simultaneously get 100 rep for vanguard and crucible factions at the same time? Seems crazy if so, but I've heard that mentioned more times than just here.

Yes, they both rank up. I'm going to guess you still only get one package though.

I believe the rank ups are to allow you access to the vanguard and crucible vendors stock since you need to be a certain rank to spend marks.

I've ran into this problem with alt characters.

Homeboyd

Yes, they both rank up. I'm going to guess you still only get one package though.

I believe the rank ups are to allow you access to the vanguard and crucible vendors stock since you need to be a certain rank to spend marks.

I've ran into this problem with alt characters.
Dude. Megaton.

That's awesome. I would NEVER hit crucible rank 5 without it (or without dumping my 65+ commendations I still have in for crucible rep).

Awesome. Thank you.

ocean

Banned
Time for some speculation.

How can I earn Legendary Marks?
By completing Daily Story Chapters, Weekly Heroic Strikes, and Daily PVP Activities
By dismantling Year Two Legendary items – assuming you don’t have the maximum value of 200 Legendary Marks associated with your player account
Is it me or does the wording here suggest that normal Crucible and Strike playlists won't pay out Legendary Marks? The stated activities are Weekly Heroic Strikes and Daily PvP Activities.

Sweet, which one is your brother?

Not full yet. 3 more spots
AbrahanSued. If you don't fill up I could join to help Sherpa :)

Waldini

I love how most are defending Bungie and their decisions... Really GAF, this makes NO sense. Was it that hard for Bungie to have Y1 Exotics remain useful? Hell, a damage upgrade would be fine.

O well. Im off the hype train..

Exotic drop chances?

This is just speculation, right? Or is that the one chance I'll have for getting my missing Y1 exotics?

Actually, typing out the question so many times has made me reconsider. If there's a Y1 that I don't currently own that isn't getting redesigned, there's really no point in having it. And if it is getting redesigned, it will be in the same loot table as everything else.

Okay.

Okay, cool.

JTripper

Just joined Shoot First Kiss Later. Do you guys have a PSN group chat that you use to set things up and talk with other members?

Top Bottom