• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

ocean

Banned
I missed this part of the stream.

Does crucible and vanguard rep BOTH go up as you rank up your pledged faction? ie if I earn 100 rep for Dead Orbit, do I also simultaneously get 100 rep for vanguard and crucible factions at the same time? Seems crazy if so, but I've heard that mentioned more times than just here.
If you complete a Crucible bounty/activity while you're pledged to Dead Orbit, both Crucible and Dead Orbit will get reputation.
If it was a Vanguard bounty/activity, Vanguard and Dead Orbit will get reputation.

I don't think you'll ever earn Vanguard+Crucible rep at the same time though if that's what you meant.

Time for some speculation.

Is it me or does the wording here suggest that normal Crucible and Strike playlists won't pay out Legendary Marks? The stated activities are Weekly Heroic Strikes and Daily PvP Activities. )

Jesus, they'll be a riot if that's the case. They can't be that stupid, can they?

Edit if it is true us 200 is not enough are vindicated

I missed this part of the stream.

Does crucible and vanguard rep BOTH go up as you rank up your pledged faction? ie if I earn 100 rep for Dead Orbit, do I also simultaneously get 100 rep for vanguard and crucible factions at the same time? Seems crazy if so, but I've heard that mentioned more times than just here.

If you do a crucible activity, you get crucible rep and Dead Orbit rep.

If you do a vanguard activity, you get vanguard rep and Dead Orbit rep.

At least that's the way I understood them.

Voror

Probably just jump in at launch unless there's something specific you want to accomplish. It would be very jarring to relearn the way things work to any extent only to have it thrown out the window in a few weeks.

I was sort of concerned about that. I wasn't planning on going all the way into light levels or anything, but just sort of play around in the initial stages to get in the swing of things.

Either way I think you'll have a great time. You can get a lot of helpful information by reading the OP, if you do decide to jump in. A lost has changed since you put the game down!

Hopefully so. I really did like the gameplay from my time in the Alpha and Beta and it was still good in the little I played of the full release. I'll have to look more into that then to get adjusted. I'm really liking the sound of all the changes and hope it all ends up as nice as it sounds.

Quick thing though: Did they ever change how ammo works with weapon switching where if you went from a sniper rifle to a shotgun you'd lose what ammo you collected prior?

Deku Tree

NF Does not give legendary marks. Neither does strike playlists. Or normal PvP.

If that's true then the number of legendary marks you can earn each week is capped even if there is no official cap because all the activities where you can earn legendary marks are time locked, one time chances.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just joined Shoot First Kiss Later. Do you guys have a PSN group chat that you use to set things up and talk with other members?

Send me an invite, or any invite to any of the members and ask them to get in.

I'm doing clan related stuff so you can get this done now.

zewone

I love how most are defending Bungie and their decisions... Really GAF, this makes NO sense. Was it that hard for Bungie to have Y1 Exotics remain useful? Hell, a damage upgrade would be fine.

O well. Im off the hype train..

So..you want to use the same weapons for the next 10 years Destiny exists?

Fatebringer and Gjallarhorn in Destiny 5 please.

First, the way they're remixing the weapons/armor to be even more useful is awesome and way cooler than just making the ATK stat a larger number.

Second, they plan on reintroducing more exotics. If your favorite exotic didn't make the cut, there's a good chance it will sooner or later. Try something else in the mean time.

Homeboyd

If you complete a Crucible bounty/activity while you're pledged to Dead Orbit, both Crucible and Dead Orbit will get reputation.
If it was a Vanguard bounty/activity, Vanguard and Dead Orbit will get reputation.

I don't think you'll ever earn Vanguard+Crucible rep at the same time though if that's what you meant.

If you do a crucible activity, you get crucible rep and Dead Orbit rep.

If you do a vanguard activity, you get vanguard rep and Dead Orbit rep.

At least that's the way I understood them.
Yeah that makes more sense. Damn. Nvm on the hype!

Ambitious

This bullshit right here is driving me insane:

ezgif.com-gif-makerpeuwp.gif

What's going on? More often than not, I can't fucking sprint. It stops immediately. I have to press the stick again and again and again until it finally works. But even then, my character usually stops sprinting after a few seconds.

There's dozens of threads about this on Reddit and the Bungie forum, but I haven't found a real solution yet.

Namikaze1

Time for some speculation.

Is it me or does the wording here suggest that normal Crucible and Strike playlists won't pay out Legendary Marks? The stated activities are Weekly Heroic Strikes and Daily PvP Activities.
It's not just you.

Anyway, we know only Vanguard Mermosat or whatever it is call drops Legendary Marks.

Edit: it's Vanguard Ursa that's confirmed to drop them. Not Marmoset.

Deku Tree

If you don't already have Thorn or SGA before TTK then you'll probably never get it. I highly doubt the exotic bounty will drop after TTK. Unless they re-introduce it later on...

Anyway, we know only Vanguard Mermosat or whatever it is call drops Legendary Marks.

How do we know that?

LTWood12

Hopefully so. I really did like the gameplay from my time in the Alpha and Beta and it was still good in the little I played of the full release. I'll have to look more into that then to get adjusted. I'm really liking the sound of all the changes and hope it all ends up as nice as it sounds.

Quick thing though: Did they ever change how ammo works with weapon switching where if you went from a sniper rifle to a shotgun you'd lose what ammo you collected prior?

It functions somewhat differently in PvE vs. PvP. But either way, if you have a shotgun w/ less than a full mag equipped and no reserve ammo, then switch to a Sniper, you won't have any ammo. You don't however lose any ammo for dying or wiping*.

*In PvP you do lose any heavy ammo you had if you die.

ezgif.com-gif-makerpeuwp.gif

What's going on? More often than not, I can't fucking sprint. It stops immediately. I have to press the stick again and again and again until it finally works. But even then, my character usually stops sprinting after a few seconds.

There's dozens of threads about this on Reddit and the Bungie forum, but I haven't found a real solution yet.

For me, it was the controller. Try another one if you have one.

Falifax

http://abload.de/img/ezgif.com-gif-makerpeuwp.gif

Sorry to break it to you, but your controller is dying.

Had this happen to me 2 months ago, gave me excuse to get the white DS4.

LTWood12

If that's true then the number of legendary marks you can earn each week is capped even if there is no official cap because all the activities where you can earn legendary marks are time locked, one time chances.

But the Playlist does give legendary gear, which can be dismantled for marks. Didn't they dismantle something and get like 5 marks on the stream?

Am i reading this right?
Only Daily crucible, story and weekly heroic offer legendary marks, no regular crucible, no strike playlist?

yeah, good like grinding those marks fellas. it does have a weekly cap after all.

ocean

Banned
I love how most are defending Bungie and their decisions... Really GAF, this makes NO sense. Was it that hard for Bungie to have Y1 Exotics remain useful? Hell, a damage upgrade would be fine.

O well. Im off the hype train..
Rhetorically asking whether it would have been too hard would suggest that they only re-did certain Exotics out of laziness or an inability to do them all. I think it's pretty clear that it was neither: just a design decision that probably most of us will disagree with.

I think it's silly, specially given the fact that I'm 99% certain they'll eventually bring these up to date with future expansions. Gjallarhorn hype for DLC4 or 5 will be what Fatebringer hype was for DLC2.

But the game is far more than a few Exotics. I'll miss some, but what's being added and fixed far outweighs (to me) this small misstep.

You can get them from quests though, which though I guess are locked in a different way.

So..you want to use the same weapons for the next 10 years Destiny exists?

Fatebringer and Gjallarhorn in Destiny 5 please.

First, the way they're remixing the weapons/armor to be even more useful is awesome and way cooler than just making the ATK stat a larger number.

Second, they plan on reintroducing more exotics. If your favorite exotic didn't make the cut, there's a good chance it will sooner or later. Try something else in the mean time.

Leave Year One stuff in Year One and move on I say.

X-Frame

Holy fuck at the No Backup Plans 2.0 upgrade.

Seriously, holy fuck ..

Shotgun kills trigger Force Barrier & it's bonuses $ they significantly increased the duration? It was +5 seconds before so with the Relentless perk it lasted for 25 seconds with about a 28 second melee cool down maxed out.

So unless they are re-working the maximum cooldown for melee, grenades and supers then this is insane.

NeOak

"Did you redesign Gjallarhorn?
Gjallarhorn will remain a Year One Exotic at Year One levels"

WAT

*insert expletive* *insert developer's name*

So bullet sponges will be more annoying. Ok.

E92 M3

Hmm, legendary marks will be very rare if it's true that they can't be earned outside of special activities. Hopefully not true.

LTWood12

Seriously, holy fuck ..

Shotgun kills trigger Force Barrier & it's bonuses $ they significantly increased the duration? It was +5 seconds before so with the Relentless perk it lasted for 25 seconds with about a 28 second melee cool down maxed out.

So unless they are re-working the maximum cooldown for melee, grenades and supers then this is insane.

Yes! Hoping the other lesser used year one exotics are getting this type of treatment.

To name a few:
Young Ahamkara's Spine
Sunbreakers
Arachnid

Kyoufu

"Did you redesign Gjallarhorn?
Gjallarhorn will remain a Year One Exotic at Year One levels"

WAT

*insert expletive* *insert developer's name*

So bullet sponges will be more annoying. Ok.

Will there be bullet sponges? Let's not overreact before we actually know what we're going to be dealing with. Gjallarhorn breaks encounters so it's not surprising to see it left behind.

NeOak

Will there be bullet sponges? Let's not overreact before we actually know what we're going to be dealing with. Gjallarhorn breaks encounters so it's not surprising to see it left behind.
Talrus whatever says hi. Tell me how it broke down that encounter?

Namikaze1

How do we know that?
GI article
Page 3
And I was wrong. It's Vanguard Ursa they mentioned where the marks drop. Marmoset is tied only to Taken King strikes. They don't mention if legendary marks drops in that one though I think it does. It doesn't in the legacy playlists.

Kyoufu

http://abload.de/img/ezgif.com-gif-makerpeuwp.gif

It was the controller for me too, so yeah... time for a new pad.

reminds me of Angry Joes review of vanilla Destiny

"oh my god, weve been wailing on this guy for an hour"

"oh finally!, Wheres the loot?"

Friend: "they dont drop loot"

"WTF!"

Seriously, holy fuck ..

Good payback to warlocks that get an overshield by reaching out and touching your nose.

Top Bottom