• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

I'm very happy about the No Backup Plans buff. Firstly because I think every exotic should be usable, secondly because this makes a strength build make sense, and thirdly because Defender Titans need more love.

As far as old Raids go, I really wish they would keep both the normal and hard levels the same, but add a third 'very hard' level at level 40 perhaps with reworked mechanics or Taken. New rewards could be added but I think that would just be icing on the cake.

Deku Tree

Does Destiny: The Taken King qualify for the Digital Upgrade Program?
No, Destiny: The Taken King is not part of the Digital Upgrade Program. This offer does still include qualifying Expansion Pass, Expansion I and Expansion II purchases. For more information, please see the Digital Upgrade Program Help article.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13343

I guess that settles that. No digital upgrade program to be expected for TTK.

DjRalford

With every faction on verge of a new level, Vanguard and Crucible also come Sept 14th, and guaranteed legendary in packages i will be a very happy bunny come release, i imagine i will get at least 3 packages in the first day alone, 4 with leveling Rahool

Best thing of all, TTK launches on my last shift at work, then i am on holiday for 20 days.

Dave_6

That video just reminded me that I don't have the No Backup Plans and I fucking forgot to buy them from Xur last time he had them :(

Waldini

So..you want to use the same weapons for the next 10 years Destiny exists?

Fatebringer and Gjallarhorn in Destiny 5 please.

First, the way they're remixing the weapons/armor to be even more useful is awesome and way cooler than just making the ATK stat a larger number.

Second, they plan on reintroducing more exotics. If your favorite exotic didn't make the cut, there's a good chance it will sooner or later. Try something else in the mean time.

Dude. Im talking about EXOTICS. Couldnt give a shit about FB or Legendaries. Small effort to retain them, right? Xur sells Horn (them Bungie lies!), gets nerfed and left behind. More Exotics = more content = more toys to play with.

And... where did they say old Exotics will show up eventually?

Lee

Send me an invite, or any invite to any of the members and ask them to get in.

I'm doing clan related stuff so you can get this done now.

Is Shoot First Kiss Later on Xbox as well? If not, any future plans to bridge the gap?

50:1 marks to commendations conversion rate, not even enough for one package.
I honestly didnt expect a 1:1. but yeesh, not even worth it, I going to go buy all the MATS!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You...want this....don't you?
qnIuehsl.jpg
yeah.

Yes! Hoping the other lesser used year one exotics are getting this type of treatment.

To name a few:
Young Ahamkara's Spine
Sunbreakers
Arachnid
Skull of Dire Ahamkara
An Insurmountable Skullfort

stb

I still want a Praetorian Foil, Idgaf

Yeah =(

It'd make me so happy if they'd just tweak the old raids to use the new "Smart Loot 2.0" system.
- take stuff out of the loot table I have to increase the chances of getting things I don't
- increase likelihood of "fun drops" if it's been a while since one came up

ill have tuesday and Wednesday off. will you be playing 12am est? cuz ill join

Im actually not sure what time it drops exactly and I think there will be a midnight launch party for the game.

If I remember right from last time the digital copy of the game didn't drop until midnight Bungie time which is 3am here.

But for sure I am going to be on and playing early Tuesday morning!

LTWood12

yeah.

Skull of Dire Ahamkara
An Insurmountable Skullfort

There's no Year 2 Skull of Dire Ahamkara. Not sure on the Skullfort, but I agree. Add Mark .44 Stand-Asides and Peregrine Greaves (yes I know they're fun for Kneeing a Fallen Walker once a month).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is Shoot First Kiss Later on Xbox as well? If not, any future plans to bridge the gap?

I actually have Destiny on Xbox. I'll be setting up shop for it sometime soon. Live people can join now and wait for me to open the gates. There are already a few Live people on board.

Ambitious

For me, it was the controller. Try another one if you have one.

Sorry to break it to you, but your controller is dying.

Had this happen to me 2 months ago, gave me excuse to get the white DS4.

It was the controller for me too, so yeah... time for a new pad.

Oh, goddammit. But how? Destiny is literally the only game where I have this kind of issue.

Will there be bullet sponges? Let's not overreact before we actually know what we're going to be dealing with. Gjallarhorn breaks encounters so it's not surprising to see it left behind.

I see no reason to assume otherwise.

Old Guard>Revenant

It sure eases the pain of my blunder earlier today.

Not sure I like the changes to the marks. I understand why they are doing it though. They want you to be encouraged to play everyday on all characters as opposed to blowing through everything on Tuesday and Wednesday. As long as the drop rates of legendaries are decent it won't be a problem since dismantling legendaries will give marks. Hopefully the activities grant decent amounts of marks. It won't matter too much anyways since most stuff bought with marks is just whatever and now we can buy guns from the gunsmith for glimmer once a week.

Just give it grenade energy at spawn and two tripmines. Instant top tier.

That would be amazing. Not sure if it's balanced but they would need to make it worthy of exotic. Personally I think the design is really cool so I'd love for it to be worth it.

Will there be bullet sponges? Let's not overreact before we actually know what we're going to be dealing with. Gjallarhorn breaks encounters so it's not surprising to see it left behind.

We'll see how well the new Strikes are developed next Wednesday.

Theorry

That would be amazing. Not sure if it's balanced but they would need to make it worthy of exotic. Personally I think the design is really cool so I'd love for it to be worth it.

Nothing manacles pull it off. They look indeed great. Reason why i want to see a buff. So i can use it haha.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's no Year 2 Skull of Dire Ahamkara. Not sure on the Skullfort, but I agree. Add Mark .44 Stand-Asides and Peregrine Greaves (yes I know they're fun for Kneeing a Fallen Walker once a month).
I looove the Stand Asides in regular crucible.

Oh, goddammit. But how? Destiny is literally the only game where I have this kind of issue.

I see no reason to assume otherwise.

It sure eases the pain of my blunder earlier today.

Its because the analog stick's L3 go bad. I've seen some guides on replacing it and I might take a shot at it at some point in the fall.

Voror

It functions somewhat differently in PvE vs. PvP. But either way, if you have a shotgun w/ less than a full mag equipped and no reserve ammo, then switch to a Sniper, you won't have any ammo. You don't however lose any ammo for dying or wiping*.

*In PvP you do lose any heavy ammo you had if you die.

Sounds about the same then. Ah well. I was able to get used to it well enough before.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man I get them all the time. It's about a 5% chance I think. Just keep at it and it'll happen.

So typical when before I've gotten 3 within a few days of each other.

turn in ten at once, usually works for me

page 82, I was born in 82, relevent

Yea decided to turn in all 10 at once and nothing. At least I can finish the Eris Morn with Xur so I can grab the gauntlets.

LTWood12

Armor I bet won't be in year 2:
Saint-14
Ruin Wings
Armamentarium
Peregrine Greaves
MOTM
Don't Touch Me
Lucky Raspberry
Bones of Eao
The Ram
Claws of Ahamkara
Void fang Vestments

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Had a cancellation for tonight's newbie raid. 4 spots open.

Thursday, 8/20/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.

Saint-14
Ruin Wings
Armamentarium
Peregrine Greaves
MOTM
Don't Touch Me
Lucky Raspberry
Bones of Eao
The Ram
Claws of Ahamkara
Void fang Vestments
So pretty much all the good ones. Not surprising though since they want to move past Year 1 goodies.

Carn82

RIP Gjally, but I will never remove my three EARNED Horns from my new Vault! /joking

We'll probably get some new extreme heavy that will be sought after :)

Juraash

Had a cancellation for tonight's newbie raid. 4 spots open.

Thursday, 8/20/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.

So I went last week and I did run VoG back when it was new. But...I kinda have nothing happening tonight so if you're still short as we get closer to raid time I'd be down to go.

Saint-14
Ruin Wings
Armamentarium
Peregrine Greaves
MOTM
Don't Touch Me
Lucky Raspberry
Bones of Eao
The Ram
Claws of Ahamkara
Void fang Vestments

I kind of think we will see Saint 14 upgraded because of this:

Exotic items now have their "defining perk" immediately unlocked (eg You can do a blinding bubble as soon as you acquire Helm of Saint 14, no need to level it up)

That is from the GI article.

This doesn't mean Saint 14 is getting upgraded but it is weird that they used it as an example.

Edit: Voidfangs are on the stream btw. Confirmed to be remixed.

Saint-14
Ruin Wings
Armamentarium
Peregrine Greaves
MOTM
Don't Touch Me
Lucky Raspberry
Bones of Eao
The Ram
Claws of Ahamkara
Void fang Vestments

As long as they have decent armor for each subclass I'll be fine with this list. I'd love to see an updated version of radiant dance machines that is more useful. Maybe enhanced agility at all times, including aiming.

Not sure I like the changes to the marks. I understand why they are doing it though. They want you to be encouraged to play everyday on all characters as opposed to blowing through everything on Tuesday and Wednesday. As long as the drop rates of legendaries are decent it won't be a problem since dismantling legendaries will give marks. Hopefully the activities grant decent amounts of marks. It won't matter too much anyways since most stuff bought with marks is just whatever and now we can buy guns from the gunsmith for glimmer once a week.

It's there way of hooking everyone back into the daily grind. If it's true, it's a fucking pile of shit

I like that they're forcing us to use new exotics, my only concern is that they used all the good ideas for the original weapons and the new ones won't be as good/fun. Hopefully the reason that HoW and TDB exotics sucked is because they were saving the cool ones for TTK.

ok cool lets see how our start times align. Not sure about starting right at midnight if I am going to a midnight release..and PSN will be PSN

im on pacific, not sure if taken king is launching at midnight or the there usual 10am reset time for whatever reason. anybody know.
if its midnight, id like to start in the morning, usually up around 5am or so

Top Bottom