• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

It's there way of hooking everyone back into the daily grind. If it's true, it's a fucking pile of shit

I don't see how the new marks system requires a daily grind. You can earn them whenever you want, in whatever chunks you want. There's nothing about the system that will make you miss anything if you take a day off. You just have to spend them as you get them instead of piling them up.

I don't see how the new marks system requires a daily grind. You can earn them whenever you want, in whatever chunks you want. There's nothing about the system that will make you miss anything if you take a day off. You just have to spend them as you get them instead of piling them up.

We were taking about possible opportunities to earn them, keep up

Edit you've got to be a wum

Not sure I like the changes to the marks. I understand why they are doing it though. They want you to be encouraged to play everyday on all characters as opposed to blowing through everything on Tuesday and Wednesday. As long as the drop rates of legendaries are decent it won't be a problem since dismantling legendaries will give marks. Hopefully the activities grant decent amounts of marks. It won't matter too much anyways since most stuff bought with marks is just whatever and now we can buy guns from the gunsmith for glimmer once a week.

How would the new system keep you from blowing through everything on a Tuesday or Wednesday?

The new system is less restrictive than year 1.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I kind of think we will see Saint 14 upgraded because of this:

That is from the GI article.

This doesn't mean Saint 14 is getting upgraded but it is weird that they used it as an example.

Edit: Voidfangs are on the stream btw. Confirmed to be remixed.

I hope for a nice redesign.

Kyoufu

It's there way of hooking everyone back into the daily grind. If it's true, it's a fucking pile of shit

Honestly I've done the daily heroic story like 5 times in my 500+ hours of playtime. I doubt it'll ever be something I feel like I'm required to do.

I'd do it more often if they added matchmaking for it. :p

Kyoufu

I'm getting worried that the new Strike playlist won't give any Legendary Marks. Weird that they'd leave Strikes out of the equation.

Namikaze1

I'm getting worried that the new Strike playlist won't give any Legendary Marks. Weird that they'd leave Strikes out of the equation.
Vanguard Ursa gives you legendary marks. That one is confirmed through the GI article.

Legacy Playlists seem like they don't. While Vanguard Marmoset could go either way though I'm betting on it giving you marks.

im hoping, no, praying! they drop in the new strike playlist and they just didn't say anything since there covering strikes next wednesday.

lowering the amount we can have, then lowering the amount we can earn, and then removing the weekly cap is just straight up trolling.

Lee

Nope, still doesn't make sense. I think you're putting too much emphasis on daily events. It looks like there will be plenty of ways to earn them even if you don't play every day.

How can I earn Legendary Marks?

By completing Daily Story Chapters, Weekly Heroic Strikes, and Daily PVP Activities
By dismantling Year Two Legendary items – assuming you don’t have the maximum value of 200 Legendary Marks associated with your player account

So it's Tuesday, 9/15, and I do the Weekly Heroic Strike (I'm probably underleveled but I get it done), I do the Daily Story, and I do the Daily PvP. Even if each one gives a generous 20 marks, I've now got 60 marks - I'm not even half way to being able to buy one new gun, one legendary weapon engram, or one of the Year 2 exotics I've unlocked. And it seems the only way to get more marks is by dismantling new legendaries that I most certainly will want to play with and not shard right away, unless I'm able to play every day to do the story and daily PvP game.

It's a valid concern for those of us who can't play every day, unless there are other avenues that Bungie idiotically left out of their very clear answer this update...

Kyoufu

Vanguard Ursa gives you legendary marks. That one is confirmed through the GI article.

Legacy Playlists seem like they don't. While Vanguard Marmoset could go either way though I'm betting on it giving you marks.

*wipes sweat*

Phew. So why did DeeJ not mention Strikes? Pretty confusing there.

I guess I'll be living inside Ursa for a while. Unless a better way to farm the marks appears.

Theorry

I think the exotics who we see in year two are the exotics who werent used alot and needed a buff. And now get one in year two. I quite like that really.

How would the new system keep you from blowing through everything on a Tuesday or Wednesday?

The new system is less restrictive than year 1.

The weekly update said you will earn them doing daily crucible and story missions and the weekly heroic strike. That's 3 non repeatable activities per day per character. So for example if each gave you 10 marks. You could only earn 30 per character or 90 a day, without dismantling legendaries. With the current system you can just grind out full marks from playing crucible and strikes all day should you be so inclined.

I'm not complaining about the changes, just giving my impressions of them.

EDIT: at the time of my writing this it wasn't clear that Marmoset strikes were considered weekly heroic strikes which would earn marks. The weekly update gave the impression that it was only weekly heroics that gave strange coins as a reward. I assume then that the daily crucible will be repeatable as well, not a one time way to earn marks like the way you earn experience from current daily crucible games. Basically the new system seems to be the same more or less as the current system.

like I am going to trust gameinformer, they employed Dan Rykert for crying out loud

I like Dan

and

Good news, crisis averted

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

8HpTDIn.jpg

I think the horn will be a remixed year two exotic and will be much more vicious.

Instead of firing wolfpack rounds at the end of the blast, it will fire Austrian chef rounds.

These of course are the dreaded and highly feared
Wolfgang Puck
rounds.

Deku Tree

Bungie: We've revised the Weekly Update to correct misinformation for the Year Two version of No Backup Plans. It'll be back, just not as described.

Spoo

Just did PoE 34 with a team of all level 33s. Feels gud man.

Also used my etheric light on the fangs of ir yut in preparation to finish PoE once and for all!

I doubt it. They probably won't have it in the highest level playlist since for HoW none of the TDB strikes are in the lvl 28 playlist

Who knows, hopefully before the games released we'll know what exactly is going on. I don't hold out much hope though from past experience

Edit to own TTK you have to have everything so it could happen

Top Bottom