• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Zoidberg

Ok that revised update makes sense. Been reading the last few pages thinking I was going mad, as the no backup plan bit had nothing about shotguns in the weekly update I just read.

darknil

I just saw the VIP rewards trailer, looks good but I forgot if the completion of Year 1 triumphs gives anything. Anyone remembers?

Also, when will it be the day in which crucible and vanguard marks are going to be replaced, sept 1st or 15th? I want to know to spend whatever marks I have that won't convert to commendations.

ocean

Banned
I doubt it. They probably won't have it in the highest level playlist since for HoW none of the TDB strikes are in the lvl 28 playlist

That's because of community fragmentation, nothing to do with levels. Dragon playlist requires HoW, but not TDB so they can't include TDB Strikes.

There will be no fragmentation among TTK owners since they'll necessarily own TDB+HoW as well. Nothing stops them in this case from a high level playlist with all the Strikes.

Undying Mind is getting a redesigned guys. Have you all forgotten already?

Adding in taken enemies doesn't qualify as a redesign in my opinion of that's all they do. If they take away the annoying bounce shields forcing you to fight waves of enemies for ten minutes then they can call it a redesign and I'll be pleased. We'll see in September though along with the dust palace redesign.

zewone

That's because of community fragmentation, nothing to do with levels. Dragon playlist requires HoW, but not TDB so they can't include TDB Strikes.

There will be no fragmentation among TTK owners since they'll necessarily own TDB+HoW as well. Nothing stops them in this case from a high level playlist with all the Strikes.

Dat NF rotation.

Sorny is still getting at least one exclusive TTK strike, right?

rNilla

I like Dust Palace.

Undying Mind is the only strike I don't like because it feels really lazy. It's structured like the other strikes but at least those pretend you are doing something instead of just constructing a giant visible wall.

"Fuck you! Fight all these yellow bars!"

"Now here's a boss that's pretty much that other boss!"

Ah good point. I'm glad they are unfragmenting because some of this stuff is confusing as a result and makes for a worse experience for those with and without the Dlc.

Namikaze1

Adding in taken enemies doesn't qualify as a redesign in my opinion of that's all they do. If they take away the annoying bounce shields forcing you to fight waves of enemies for ten minutes then they can call it a redesign and I'll be pleased. We'll see in September though along with the dust palace redesign.
They're not adding taken enemies. They actually say they're redesigning Undying Mind and two more for Taken King. I believe Dust Palace is one of them.

I'm going to imagine that the Taken version will be a bigger pain in the ass then it already is.
I hope not. Not looking forward to the Nightfall version if they ever do a nightfall version.

zewone

I like Dust Palace.

Undying Mind is the only strike I don't like because it feels really lazy. It's structured like the other strikes but at least those pretend you are doing something instead of just constructing a giant visible wall. "Fuck you! Fight all these yellow bars!"

You can actually skip that if you have communication with your fireteam.

Snipe the big goober in the face far from where the first wall spawns.

Once he's dead, run like hell before the wall comes up.

Still a pain to have to get the timing right.

You can actually skip that if you have communication with your fireteam.

Snipe the big goober in the face far from where the first wall spawns.

Once he's dead, run like hell before the wall comes up.

Still a pain to have to get the timing right.

I can't wait to see taken goobers.

*HOLY SH*T!! I can finally post!!!*

been lurking here while waiting for my account to be approve and now I can finally be apart of DestinyGaf!!!

got all three characters on 34 and eagerly awaiting TTK, my friends and I are hoping we all get the day off from work/school so we can all play on launch day

They're not adding taken enemies. They actually say they're redesigning Undying Mind and two more for Taken King. I believe Dust Palace is one of them.

I hope not. Not looking forward to the Nightfall version if they ever do a nightfall version.

Okay, you're right. I looked it up and they are not just updating the Strikes but remixing them while keeping the old ones. The new versions are being tookenfied though.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-s-ps4-strikes-will-be-remixed-when-release/1100-6428417/

It's pretty awesome to finish a crucible game and then immediacy be put in a game where my team is losing by 4,000 points. Then when I back out the next game I join the team is losing by 5,000 points. Silky smooth matchmaking.

Sullichin

It's pretty awesome to finish a crucible game and then immediacy be put in a game where my team is losing by 4,000 points. Then when I back out the next game I join the team is losing by 5,000 points. Silky smooth matchmaking.
I don't really have a problem with this. I just stick it out. I appreciate that when people on my team leave, they get replaced. Sometimes you gotta be on the other side of the coin.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yes Exotic Bounty. Last one I turned in as well.

Right which one.

A Light in the Dark
Tolands Legacy
A Dubious Task

Lunar FC

been lurking here while waiting for my account to be approve and now I can finally be apart of DestinyGaf!!!

got all three characters on 34 and eagerly awaiting TTK, my friends and I are hoping we all get the day off from work/school so we can all play on launch day

What are your plans to 'get off' from school? :p

rNilla

Welcome! New DGAF Guardian hype!

ocean

Banned
Dat NF rotation.

Sorny is still getting at least one exclusive TTK strike, right?

Yeah, 1 of the 4 new strikes will be PS exclusive. The rotation will get a huge boost, with 3 new strikes + 2 previously PS exclusive ones joining. That means we'll have gone from 5 at launch to 12. Assuming no repeats (lol there will be repeats for sure though) that'd mean months of different Strikes every week.

Currently
Launch (5):
Devil's Lair
The Summoning Pits
Winter's Run
The Nexus
Cerberus Vae III

The Dark Below (1):
Will of Crota

House of Wolves (1):
The Shadow Thief

Joining the rotation:
Former PlayStation Exclusives (2)
Dust Palace
The Undying Mind

The Taken King (3)
Fallen Saber
Shield Brothers
Sunless Cell

I can only imagine what the rotation pie will look like :p For newbies, this is what the old rotation was back when it all began :)

4tJEKOy.png

zewone

Joining DGAF isn't that simple, first you must wear the rock of shame.

0nlhKuE.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol
For example: No Backup Plans has been redesigned
We significantly extended the duration of the old perk “Improved Disintegrate”
yaaay.

I wonder what happened there. Some of the stuff that ends up in the weekly updates have been endlessly confusing to me, from the very beginning.
Dust Palace isn't bad since you can melt the psions with shotties now, but undying mind is terrible. Too many waves of majors that don't even give glimmer and an annoying boss.
Undying Mind is great with a good group that understands orb generation, and you can skip almost all of the enemies that don't give glimmer. The boss fight is potentially the best glimmer farming in the game including Gatekeepers.

The No Backup Plans sounded so good. Titan Defenders need a good exotic like that to really make them have a PvP presence. It also gave a really good reason (finally) to spec strength.

Now its just 'oh that one perk, yeah its like 7 seconds longer or something...'

Lame.

But your hype is at an all time low?

One exotic modification erases, off the top of my head
double vault space
better faction rewarding
quests for days
bounty for days
pvp nightfall
some story mission in the trailers where you're literally platforming up one of those fuckin towers in cosmodrome

i mean...cahmahn

Undying Mind is great with a good group that understands orb generation, and you can skip almost all of the enemies that don't give glimmer. The boss fight is potentially the best glimmer farming in the game including Gatekeepers.

My problem is I play strikes almost entirely with randoms so instead of being orb city the randoms usually just get wrecked by the hobbies and minotaurs ;p

really annoyed that the majority of exotics are getting left behind. Im completely sick of MMOs constantly invalidating everything, and now my "MMO" is doing it as well

Top Bottom