• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Couple neat things I caught in the founder pack video, sorry if these have been postd a lot already.

GL6sL83.png

Yay, finally official confirmation of ship and sparrow kiosks!

zNps6EN.png

Also Holliday has a new outfit!

FlH3cen.png

Eva has the Speaker's old emblems, and it looks like two rows of other things? One is probably shaders, and maybe one is class items?

"Wait list"

Wow, very interesting addition to the lore

Got some questions about this Taken King business, hopefully someone here can help me out.

Question 1: Will we be able to infuse year 1 exotics? I assume not, but why bother buffing weapons like Hard Light and nerfing guns like Ice Breaker if they are only kind of useful at level 20? Just seems kind of pointless to me.

Question 2: Were the new exotics in The Dark Below and House of Wolves not a selling point? One of the reasons I bought the dlcs was to see what new loot there would be to collect, including these exotics. But now most of them are being relegated to "only of interested when half way through levelling". It seems a shame to release some new exotic gear which were at first considered "End Game Content" and now have us ignore them.

Question 3: Will the existing Raids be remixed at all to benefit the new End Game? I think the Vault of Glass is tons of fun but a big part of its charm was the reward side of it. I'm not asking for fatebringer or vision of confluence to be updated to year 2, but I want to know if it will have any 'Taken' influence at all at level 40 and offer new rewards and chances for the new level 40 exotics?

I guess I'm looking more for people's thoughts on this as I'm assuming DeeJ isn't on GAF answering everyone, but any concrete response would be good.

ich00

Wow so those Nepal shaders and emblems are going for $150 - $200 on eBay. Bungie should have just sold them separately with proceeds going to the charity.

blamite

"Wait list"

Wow, very interesting addition to the lore

It's tough to get into the tower I guess! One of the Grimoire cards, one of the faction ones I think, is about the Concensus debating about which faction will be llowed in to replace the last one to ket kiked out (it ends up being FWC).

Which all leads me to wonder what makes Girl Drinking Coffee so special that she gets to hang out with the Guardians...

Kyoufu

Could you imagine activating Force Barrier with a shotgun kill then creating Orbs of Light with each successive shotgun kill? That would be so much more fun than the normal, crappy way of Titan melee.

Come on Bungie. Do it.

Pat_DC

I never really gave much thought to the regular ol humans of the Tower, but it must be a huge honor for them to work alongside this.

1392808218097597734.gif

Rahool silently judging

Haha, I was just about to add what you had in your spoiler quote.
The cryptarch is not impressed... though the more I watch the gif the more I expect him to just join in and start break dancing or something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I remember vault being kind of rough when I ran it way back when. But I'd go with if you need someone, even though I ran CE with you last week.
We do need someone! This isn't a full first timer group, so it really shouldn't be too bad.

Two of our signups are no shows so far though... :(

Juraash

We do need someone! This isn't a full first timer group, so it really shouldn't be too bad.

Well I'm just hanging around right now. Gonna do bounties and strike playlist if nothing exciting turns up. So shoot me an invite if your signups show. :)

darthbob

Haha, I was just about to add what you had in your spoiler quote.
The cryptarch is not impressed.

Honestly the best part of the whole stream.

Well, aside from the new vault of course.

I haven't run VoG in literal months, so I'd be down. 34 Titan and 34 Warlock.

Edit: nevermind, something came up. :(

Mindlog

For those of you working on Skolas tonight. This is helpful:

incx92O.png
:D
That reminds me of something. Good times. Thanks for that!
How can I acquire the Year Two Exotics that have evolved from Blueprints I discovered in Year One?

Select weapons and armor pieces that have been redesigned for Year Two can be purchased for Legendary Marks, assuming you discovered the original Year One Blueprints
DmaIqLT.gif

Wonderful.
First Xur charged us an arm and a leg and it was random. So we had to farm. "We've learned from that. We'll do better."
Then they switched it up to very expensive, but manageable shards. "See! We did better."
But Saladin thought it would be cool to charge us an arm and a leg. So we had to farm. "lol"

"We thought it was a bad idea so we've wiped out some of your currencies, dramatically decreased the cap and dramatically increased the demands placed on that resource pool."
Progress!

This will probably play out the same way Dark Below did for me. I won't upgrade any of my exotics for a while, because I need to spend those resources grabbing/upgrading new armor and weapons. I'll buy every Exotic Xur brings because I have thousands of useless Strange Very Common Coins.

Kyoufu

Am I the only one who dislikes the female dances in the game currently? I have 3 female characters, one of each race and they're all pretty bad.

The male dances are way better :(

Oh I didn't know I got the Nepal Shader last night, yes!!

Can I use it on both accounts like everything else code wise?

Jigga, phenom, Vaal...

So I'd like to get into raiding since I've raided in Destiny. I heard people here run noob friendly raids and I'd like to get into that.

When do these raids usually occur? Thanks.

Kyoufu

I didn't know Gjallarhorn was permanent when you equipped it?!?!

It is.

Every now and then something weird happens where you end up with a Dreg's Promise equipped but then you quickly realise it was a mistake. The universe corrects itself, and rockets are fired once again.

Arrrammis

It's tough to get into the tower I guess! One of the Grimoire cards, one of the faction ones I think, is about the Concensus debating about which faction will be llowed in to replace the last one to ket kiked out (it ends up being FWC).

Which all leads me to wonder what makes Girl Drinking Coffee so special that she gets to hang out with the Guardians...
I like to think that everyone in the tower (except for janitor bots and some vendors) are off-duty guardians. I know I would love to be able to take off my warlock robes, put on normal clothes, and just take a stroll around the tower with a cup of coffee.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Couple neat things I caught in the founder pack video, sorry if these have been postd a lot already.

GL6sL83.png

Yay, finally official confirmation of ship and sparrow kiosks!

zNps6EN.png

Also Holliday has a new outfit!

FlH3cen.png

Eva has the Speaker's old emblems, and it looks like two rows of other things? One is probably shaders, and maybe one is class items?
I believe Tyson actually mentioned the Ships specifically yesterday in the Tower walkthrough, so I'd have expected Sparrows to be there as well. Nice to see visual confirmation though :)

So I'd like to get into raiding since I've raided in Destiny. I heard people here run noob friendly raids and I'd like to get into that.

When do these raids usually occur? Thanks.

Raids happen here all the time. All
You gotta do is post and see if anyone else is interested. For example if I wanted to get a raid going I would just post;

VOG HM

1. Your GAF/Psn/Xbox live name

Usually it fills up fast but you have to remember everyone is also in different time zones and have different play schedules.

Top Bottom