• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Kinda torn about the upgrade stuff. It took me way too long to finally get a Gjallarhorn (from Xur), so it kinda sucks that it won't be upgradeable. I finally got the best weapon in the game and it's about to not be the best weapon in the game. Fuck! But that's me having a problem with it taking so long to get in the first place, not the fact that they are switching things up. Fatebringer+Gjallarhorn is such a tired combination to see. I hope the new endgame weapons encourage more versatility in builds. They seem to be trying to do that.

Nightfall-tier weekly PVP rewards is amazing and something I wish was in the game earlier. I play PVP more than PVE. The rewards are way better than they used to be and obviously ToO has some of the best stuff currently available. I wouldn't be level 34 without it. But the majority of my time spent in Destiny is played alone doing Crucible bounties and it's not very fruitful outside of the stray sniper i spent 200 motes reforging so it's really cool I can make some actual progress playing the part of Destiny I like the most.

To keep your spirits up, don't forget that the sniper rifle you moted into perfection probably won't fit into the new crucible meta and won't be useful in the iron banana nor the ToO. I personally am champing at the bit for a different meta and hope you are too. It's gotten to the point that I'm running around control maps with my shadow price and plan c.

I am with you in your excitement regarding that the Nightfall level rewards in crucible. It is a great addition to the game. PVP players had been left behind most when it came to exotic drops. I had the pleasure of witnessing two ghorn drops to friends while I had to wait for Xur's recent for sale on the soon to be left behind nuclear weapon.

I'm not bitter though. The Gjallarhorn is a great weapon, but the meta of Fate Bringer, Black Hammer and Gjallarhorn is as tiring to me as the crucible meta. I can't wait for the Taken King!

My favorite for it is actually combustion Gunslinger. Awesome for starting the chain.
I can see how that would be a great start to the orb party. My problem is that I mostly reserve my hunter for PVP nights. When I'm running Roc Strikes,I can't resist running my Warlock. It might also be that purple is my favorite color and with bloom there is A LOT of purple on the screen when playing the Undying Mind.

MrDaravon

So given what we know about being able to trade in Heavy Ammo synths for rep in TTK, should I go ahead and trade in all of my glimmer consumables (House Banners etc) in for glimmer now and buy heavy synths, or continue to hold off on that? I've been stashing them for a while now, and just buying heavy synths when I capped on glimmer naturally.

On a related note, is buying a heavy synth from Variks for Ether Seeds + 250 a better deal then using the Ether Seeds normally? I've got like 80+ Seeds on my main character.

Kyoufu

Good riddance to Gjallarhorn. I want to use other Exotic weapons in this game instead of just the same one in every damn battle. :p

Seriously, I won't miss it. Not even a little bit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So given what we know about being able to trade in Heavy Ammo synths for rep in TTK, should I go ahead and trade in all of my glimmer consumables (House Banners etc) in for glimmer now and buy heavy synths, or continue to hold off on that? I've been stashing them for a while now, and just buying heavy synths when I capped on glimmer naturally.

On a related note, is buying a heavy synth from Variks for Ether Seeds + 250 a better deal then using the Ether Seeds normally? I've got like 80+ Seeds on my main character.

I mean currently strange coins are the best value for heavy synthesis. The Variks thing exists to give you a ether seed sink if you want one. I don't imagine it would be a bad idea to be capped on glimmer when the expansion releases.

DjRalford

hmm, i have the pocket infinity and super good advice bounties ready to hand in, any word on if these 2 have new versions? If they haven't then i may as well hand them in.

lt519

Good riddance to Gjallarhorn. I want to use other Exotic weapons in this game instead of just the same one in every damn battle. :p

I didn't know Gjallarhorn was permanent when you equipped it?!?!

Anyone up for anything? Need to shoot some aliens, high stress level right now

MrDaravon

I mean currently strange coins are the best value for heavy synthesis. The Variks thing exists to give you a ether seed sink if you want one. I don't imagine it would be a bad idea to be capped on glimmer when the expansion releases.

Oh sure, but since I only started playing on PS4 relatively recently, I haven't build up the enormous Strange Coin collections that a lot of people have, especially since most weeks Xur has sold one or more things I didn't have at all. Right now I think I have like 95 coins or so? Also while I'll probably still use coins to buy synths, I'm hesitant to burn them all just because in TTK you can use coins to buy that exotic chance drop buff and we don't have a lot of specifics on that yet.

I'll miss it because I got it two weeks before Xur sold it. But I agree with your point. I'm excited that Bungie will tune encounters differently because people won't be able to melt the boss with the rocket launcher. Some other weapon will be over powered, but I'd bet they'll be quicker to nerf it and prevent another "you must have this" run.

Namikaze1

Lol yeah. They went from being something I would consider looking at if only for a moment to back in the vault where they've always been with one edit. Glad they brought it forward!!
Same for me.

As that one redditor said, watch them give that perk to a warlock exotic.

So they are going to have to address legendary marks very soon after launch. There is a cap at 200 per account when a single piece of gear will cost you 135? Fuck that.

SkylineRKR

Indeed. Fuck Gjallarhorn. It was always like 'you go into the portal cuz you got horn'.

But it depends on Bungie changing up the encounter design. I don't mind challenging fights as long as they're fun. Gjallarhorn mostly sped those boring things up. I've always enjoyed Atheon for example and hardly ever took Gjallarhorn to it (I prefered to use Corrective with Patience and Time, or Thunderlord).

Juraash

So I'm home, Destiny is fired up and my fiancé is working late. Time for some fun PVE shit. 33 Warlock, I've run normal VoG and CE but not a lot, so I wouldn't recommend tapping me for any flawless runs...or maybe even hard modes lol. But I'm down to run some stuff. Otherwise it's bounties and strike playlist.

Edit: PS4 - kaiotheforsaken

blamite

Couple neat things I caught in the founder pack video, sorry if these have been postd a lot already.

GL6sL83.png

Yay, finally official confirmation of ship and sparrow kiosks!

zNps6EN.png

Also Holliday has a new outfit!

FlH3cen.png

Eva has the Speaker's old emblems, and it looks like two rows of other things? One is probably shaders, and maybe one is class items?

Einhandr

Group of 5 scrubs looking for a 6th person to run sword twice for us (already on Crota CP). If anyone can lend us a hand hit me up on PSN: Einhandr

Top Bottom