• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Deku Tree

Light is an adder to the base damage of the weapon, not the attack of the weapon itself.. So it's more like 100+100 = 200 vs. 80+97 = 177, to follow your example.

By design, one crappy gun won't hold your light level back that much, but you will still be at a decided disadvantage by virtue of the lower attack value.

Yup. Fully agree with that.

Alright, who's up for a VoG HM run within the next 30 minutes?

1. Silvard
2. ItsNerveDamage
3. You
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

PSN: SilvardCT

Forgive my ignorance, I just jumped back in because of the TTK hype. I have a 31 hunter. What is there to get from the HM raid drop wise that makes it worth it at this stage? I would be down to play if 31 is good enough.

been grinding raids Crota and Vog for about a month now for a Crux and Vex...

so went on LFG to do 3 runs of VoG hard the last run on my hunter 3 people got the vex and all I got was some acendant shards and a bike.....what have I done to the RNG Gods do deserve this!?

and on my Crota runs the crux isn't dropping for anyone...accept for like the only people who don't have a Husk of the Pit....

but I finally did get a fatebringer on the templar boss on my warlock..if that's anything

X-Frame

So with Bungie clarifying why we shouldn't dismantle stuff until 2.0, they said this in the Weekly Update:

"Don’t dismantle your best stuff before you begin your Year Two adventure"

So they specified as BEST stuff, not ALL and any stuff. I should be safe to dismantle all the crap Legendary's that I've just been hoarding then.

rNilla

So with Bungie clarifying why we shouldn't dismantle stuff until 2.0, they said this in the Weekly Update:

So they specified as BEST stuff, not ALL and any stuff. I should be safe to dismantle all the crap Legendary's that I've just been hoarding then.

You'll be sorry...

zewone

Unless you're in dire need of room, it would probably be best to just hang on to it at this time.

Silvard

Forgive my ignorance, I just jumped back in because of the TTK hype. I have a 31 hunter. What is there to get from the HM raid drop wise that makes it worth it at this stage? I would be down to play if 31 is good enough.

Exotics, Ships, Sparrows, Shaders, Kickass year 1 raid gear, and perhaps most important of all Fun.

Daemul

That was obvious to me once I heard it on the stream. Bungie is just trying to stop some people from going full retard and deleting literally everything they have on their character before TTK comes out. They don't want to have to deal with people coming to them and complaing about not being level 34 because those people deleted all their light 42 armour before the expansion launched lol

MrDaravon

I can't believe that only one exotic dropped for the entire group across 3 DS + Crota runs, that's ridiculous. At least I got the ship which I didn't have, and I finally got a 3rd Fang and Word so I can run them on all 3 of my characters.

Get it in that raid thats forming!
There fun, i promise

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I thought I was in a strange universe until I read your take on Undying Mind. It is a SUPER FACTORY. Three Voidwalkers, Obsidian Minds equipped and all firing Bad Juju. And then it's a nova bomb party. I love it.
My favorite for it is actually combustion Gunslinger. Awesome for starting the chain.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Just read the Weekly Update. No wonder Gjallarhorn got sold through Xur last week, this is effectively the end of the line for it.

Dang. :-/

kiguel182

I just want to share that it sucks that the countdown to TTK is the same as the countdown to college return for me.

I really can't get hyped for TTK without thinking at the same time "man, I'll have classes again". It's all very confusing!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thursday, 8/20/15 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass - Normal - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.

Top Bottom