• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Klyka

Banned
Oooops I forgot to do my weekly heroic strikes so I only got 3 coins now XD

Ah well,if Xur has something good I'll do my runs after work tonight.

Ambitious

This bullshit right here is driving me insane:

ezgif.com-gif-makerpeuwp.gif

What's going on? More often than not, I can't fucking sprint. It stops immediately. I have to press the stick again and again and again until it finally works. But even then, my character usually stops sprinting after a few seconds.

There's dozens of threads about this on Reddit and the Bungie forum, but I haven't found a real solution yet.

For me, it was the controller. Try another one if you have one.

Sorry to break it to you, but your controller is dying.

Had this happen to me 2 months ago, gave me excuse to get the white DS4.

It was the controller for me too, so yeah... time for a new pad.

Same thing happened to me and I needed a new controller as well :(

After reading yet another thread on this issue, I followed someone's advice of pushing the stick down while pressing L3 and blowing hard inside it to get the dust out. I've been trying to reproduce the sprint issue for about twenty minutes now, without success. It seems to be gone.

edit: It's still happening, but extremely rarely. Might nevertheless get a new controller, though. It's annoying.

ocean

Banned
I really hope so because that's the final piece I need
It's the only Exotic he's yet to sell - good old Xur has already given us everythig else :)

If it's not this week it'll be the next but since Ram won't be year 2'd I hope it's today so those who don't have it get their chance to be the cheesiest bullshit ever.

After reading yet another thread on this issue, I followed someone's advice of pushing the stick down while pressing L3 and blowing hard inside it to get the dust out. I've been trying to reproduce the sprint issue for about twenty minutes now, without success. It seems to be gone.

edit: It's still happening, but extremely rarely. Might nevertheless get a new controller, though. It's annoying.

As all of the others said it seems to be the controller. Had the same thing happening to me especially after turning corners. Some days it seems to be absent and other days it happens everytime you try to sprint :(

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
It would be great to see theater mode introduced. Bungie were kinda the first weren't they? Can't remember any games using anything like it on console before Halo 3.

I'd welcome Thunderlord at Xur today. I've been wanting to get an Exotic or Legendary LMG and every drop I've gotten has been Primary or Special so it would be nice for a Heavy.

I don't know much about Ram but I've seen its a great piece and looks dope so I'll take it if available since my new class is a Warlock.

As all of the others said it seems to be the controller. Had the same thing happening to me especially after turning corners. Some days it seems to be absent and other days it happens everytime you try to sprint :(

I sent both mine back to Sony when they were 15 months old due to left stick problems and they replaced them both within a week. One even had no rubber left on the stick and was worn white on the back :d

It's worth looking on your respective playstation regions returns site and entering the serial number to see if they'll replace/repair it

Virdix

I'll try my best to complete it, I figure I have a few days to do the nightfall, and I have a handful of Focused Light so I think I can manage getting to 38 or 40 before Friday, Then I'll try and get full legendary gear or enough to reach near max light to take on the Nightfall the opening week.

I believe I can flow chart it.

-Install TTK

-Receive all pre-order and digital game content

-Do opening story missions and obtain Stormcaller subclass

-Proceed to farm Legendary Marks and Level up Factions to earn Legendary gear.

-Use Exotic Blueprint to upgrade Year 1 Exotic armor and Weapons to Year 2

If all else fails, I can fall back on Xur to help a homie out~

(edit) by anychance are you the youtuber Byf?

No, his avatar is the unbroken medal which is styled after the tiger from my favorite piece of concept art from destiny which I cropped this from.

brave_frontier_desktop.jpg

Theorry

"Bungie had initially planned for the Warlock's new ability to revolve around necromancy, allowing the player to resurrect fallen enemies as minions under their direction. This was scrapped in favour of the Stormcaller's abilities, which revolve around lightning attacks.

The necromancer idea isn't completely dead though, as the developer hopes to return to it "at some point." Merrill also revealed that the team had originally planned a fourth class for Destiny that was cut prior to release because it "felt like it was encroaching on what the other classes did." Additionally, the report revealed that the new subclasses were being developed by the studio as early as the last year when the game was first released."

EL CUCO

Congrats on anyone grabbing the Thunderlove for the first time!

Question: What is the website that tells you which golden chests you're missing?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If I have an exotic bounty active (Thorn) can I receive another or do I need to complete this one first?

Nearly completed 10 already but I wont turn them in yet. Proper easy and quick today.

ocean

Banned
Didn't Xur sell TL already, like on may 7th or smth?

(i remember, cause TL was my last exotic for a looooong time and i got i a few weeks before Xur sold it, from a NF)
Out of the 27 Exotic Weapons in the game, Xûr can only sell 14 (2 Raid, 8 bounty and 3 PS Exclusive are off his table). He's sold all of them at least twice now that he's selling TL again.

Out of the 36 Exotic Armor pieces, he's sold 35. Only missing The Ram.

Based Xur delivers but people always bitch despite the fact that he's sold (basically) eeeeeverything :p

Spoo

Eternal Warrior helmet worth? Looks cool, and I'd like to make a build around it but is it actually tenable for PvE? (PvP it appears to be)

deoee

Bought 3 chest engrams:

#1 The Armamentatorium
#2 Heart Of The Praxic Fire
#3 Purifier Robes

I think the games tells me to play warlock ASAP :D

Wallach

Decided to stay up a little to get a set of bounties in and max out my new Gjallarhorn. What I'm most excited about though is getting to level this Thunderlord. This is the gun I've wanted since the damn first preview video they did where it dropped in like the very first mission. MGs are just so much more fun than RLs, and Super Good Advice never got the attention it needed to not suck.

ocean

Banned
Eternal Warrior helmet worth? Looks cool, and I'd like to make a build around it but is it actually tenable for PvE? (PvP it appears to be)
On the very rare occasion that a Striker is more useful than a Defender in PvE (it doesn't happen often), you'll usually be best served with Armamentarium for double Flashbang grenades or Peregrine Greaves (for the Brawler + Arc burn lulz), or Ruin Wigs for the ammo, or Alpha Lupi for orb generation / quick rez.

Can't imagine a scenario where this thing is useful in PvE. Then again, Strange Coins are easy to come by if you have more than one character. I always suggest buying any Exotic you don't own, specially these HoW pieces which only have 3 upgrade bubbles and come at 42 Light right off the bat.

Top Bottom