• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Its OK, it's a low recoil assault rifle. Its best for PvP as per its perks.

still salty that Monte Carlo and Red Death don't have a unique Melee attack animation with the bayonet :(

Top of the Page - Monte Carlo position:
monte-carlo-wallpaper.jpg

I still think the absolute best story in the game is the Thorn / Last Word Grimoire.

A young kid seeing a dazzling Guardian, in awe runs up to him and holds his gun, The Last Word... realizing this path he wants to set on.

A man corrupted by the Darkness so fully that he forgets his past self, abandons his heroic storied life as a Guardian and assumes a new identity; his old Rose becoming a Weapon of Sorrow, the Thorn.

His first and last friend confronting him, urging him to recall who he was, while the carcass of that former guardian saying that the hero of old was no longer, and only he and his darkness prevailed.

Imagine how freaking cool it would have been to finish up the Thorn bounty in an Elimination map, riddled with dialogue, against a bot using Thorn. Defeat this old guardian to claim his weapon. No Special, no Heavy. Just 5 rounds of PvE in a PvP format with dialogue, lore, and a great reward.

It's painful how much potential this game's back story has.

Someone somewhere a secret bungie spy watching this thread as a lurker writing down this idea, silently preparing for destiny 2.
hope he might add your name in ending.

Lnkn52

In all fairness halo ot was off topic for a long while, and they were posting a ton of NSFW stuff as well.

Sad as it is, I hope this never happens to DGAF

For the most part, this community is guided by some very mature players. The community polices itself.

You're still working on that, Zoba? I thought you would've given up by now. I did when I went looking up for anyone who skipped Gjallarhorn back during the first time Xur sold it.

knowledge is power (and exhausting).

It was going faster until I decided that I wanted to track activity by days and hours. One thread a day is no longer realistic D:

So many Off Topic Posts.
We're gonna get locked like Halo.

Well that's the first page and most people comment on the thread title at that point. I'm counting those as off topic posts because they're short comments that aren't directly related to the game.

The categories still have a bit of refining left to account for the more ambiguous posts though. It'd go faster if i didn't have to triple check everything.

Also, i'm not sure why some members have 24 hour time listed. I guess Google saved their timezone from another document or something because I can't edit it.

SkylineRKR

still salty that Monte Carlo and Red Death don't have a unique Melee attack animation with the bayonet :(

They can easily implement that, with the same properties as the melee your character already had. Just a different animation to it when that weapon is on.

Or, because its an exotic, give it a slight boost or the blink strike perk (double damage from behind).

MC was in a very good place during TDB. Was awesome in PvP and more fun to use than Suros. And dat melee confirm sound.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I gotta get 100 kills with Void weapons so I'm gonna use my sniper. What are the best PVP modes for sniping? Control and Salvage?

aarcane

Oh man I'd kill for backstory DLC. An expansion titled The Twilight Gap, fighting with St. 14 and Zavala and the rest of the gang to push back the Fallen, being on the edge of defeat when the Queen negotiates with House of Wolves to let us win...or that campaign to recover the moon with Hundreds of guardians succumbing to Crota himself (I imagine he didn't have guys carrying the only freaking sword which could hurt him back in that battle, he'd just kneel once in a while to catch his breath :p)

This game could have had such an awesome, amazing campaign with the universe they created.

I'd throw money at the screen for this. I thought something like the level 343 Guilty Spark in the first Halo would be good for the Disaster on the moon: that "something's not quite right" feeling, you find Eriana-3 trying to get information out of a captured wizard, followed by "oh shit oh shit get the hell out of here" when Crota shows up.

aarcane

I gotta get 100 kills with Void weapons so I'm gonna use my sniper. What are the best PVP modes for sniping? Control and Salvage?

I did mine in Control. The crucible part of the Thorn bounty using a hunter with no void primary was... challenging.

Spy

Has anyone else ever thought about minigames in the tower or reef? I've wanted this for quite awhile and I think it would be a great way to pass time with a friend, even if it was something as simple as a game of Tic-Tac-Toe.

Mupod

Oh man I'd kill for backstory DLC. An expansion titled The Twilight Gap, fighting with St. 14 and Zavala and the rest of the gang to push back the Fallen, being on the edge of defeat when the Queen negotiates with House of Wolves to let us win...or that campaign to recover the moon with Hundreds of guardians succumbing to Crota himself (I imagine he didn't have guys carrying the only freaking sword which could hurt him back in that battle, he'd just kneel once in a while to catch his breath :p)

This game could have had such an awesome, amazing campaign with the universe they created.

I used to say the same about Halo, they did a great job creating a consistent and interesting universe but the storytelling in the games themselves wasn't up to the task. Still better than whatever the fuck Halo 4 tried to do though.

Anyways because of my past experience with Bungie I didn't go into Destiny expecting anything else, so maybe I had a different perspective than most. I'd probably like the Grimoire a lot if I could freaking read it ingame during load screens or something.

Has anyone else ever thought about minigames in the tower or reef? I've wanted this for quite awhile and I think it would be a great way to pass time with a friend, even if it was something as simple as a game of Tic-Tac-Toe.

They need to put in text chat and just let the Tower turn into a PSO server/lobby like it should.

MrDaravon

Well Thunderlord is finally mine I guess. I have everything else he's selling this week, which is a nice change of pace. Since I only started playing fairly recently on PS4 most week I was having to drop all or nearly all of my coins because I usually didn't have most of his wares. The only exotic chest I'm missing is Heart of the Praxic Fire, not sure if it's worth the gambling with motes for it to be honest, thinking not.

Since I am off for the next 3 days, are there any kind Trials sherpas around? I have never ever even done Trials. I am okay at the PvP in this game (I sit at a solid 1.0 k/d), and while I'd like to get to Mercury at some point just for the Grimoire I'd just like to at least check it out. I don't even know how it really works that well. Also will be around all weekend if anyone is looking to do entire VoG HM runs, or as a weird request Crota HM from start to DS. I'm looking to complete my Raid gear armor sets just for collection purposes, and most weeks folks just have Gorgon/DS checkpoints so I'm actually missing a ton of the earlier armor pieces because I almost never run them. Also still haven't gotten a Fatebringer.

Edit: Unrelated, but have we gotten ANY indication if Etheric Light will have any trade-in purposes? I'm sitting on a few, and if not I'd like to use them to upgrade some of my current weapons to make the next month easier. I've only ascended one VoC, one Fang and one other thing. Would like to use a few more on other characters/items to make things smoother for me in the meantime like Found Verdict etc.

Cool that Thunderlord is up for people that don't have it.

I guess the only thing left for me before TTK is to max out my marks again(I already bought planetary mats across all characters) and keep trying to get the 4th Horseman.

I haven't earned Vanguard marks in forever. What's the fastest way these days? Patrol bounties or strike playlist?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I did mine in Control. The crucible part of the Thorn bounty using a hunter with no void primary was... challenging.

I just hope I can get it done quite quickly. Looking at the points table it doesn't seem that hard really just time consuming if you aren't too good. http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/A_Light_in_the_Dark

Control.

Do you have a void primary? Best to do Crotas End and try to get the void hand cannon drop makes the bounty much easier.

I don't but have been looking up now and saw about Atheon's Epilogue. If I know I could get that I'd go through a few VoG 26.

Without a void primary I recommend going into Rumble with a Void shotty and Truth or a void BTRD with agg ballistics. I did thorn in about 3-4 hours that way on a hunter, all in one night. Control the heavy ammo drops and don't engage outside of shotgun range otherwise and you're good.

SkylineRKR

Cool that Thunderlord is up for people that don't have it.

I guess the only thing left for me before TTK is to max out my marks again(I already bought planetary mats across all characters) and keep trying to get the 4th Horseman.

I haven't earned Vanguard marks in forever. What's the fastest way these days? Patrol bounties or strike playlist?

Daily is insta 20. Weekly is 10. From there, Strikes and publics probably.

Gammacide

So typical: I actually get Thunderlord to FINALLY drop for me with RNG and then Xur sells it at the end of the week. Oh well. At least it is still a great bit of kit to have.

Tjamato88

Thunderlord and Mask of the Third Man for sure.
Cool will look into getting both. I was considering the mask anyway since it looks like something from Splinter Cell.

I've only got 12 coins though so it looks like I'll be grinding some out late tonight or tomorrow.

ocean

Banned
Soon

c10455d2e1013b05387fdba21156fa4e.png

(probably never this takes ages)
Oh man this is a gold mine. I remember you saying you'd do this but I had no idea you'd go into this much detail.

If the table goes public we'll be able to calculate stuff like whose Off-Topic % is highest, to graph out the posts-per-day trend since launch, etc.

Shame there isn't a "rage" and a "hype" category for the posts - it would have served as a good proxy for the mood sine curve. Would've been glorious to see Heroic CE launch :p

Oh man this is a gold mine. I remember you saying you'd do this but I had no idea you'd go into this much detail.

If the table goes public we'll be able to calculate stuff like whose Off-Topic % is highest, to graph out the posts-per-day trend since launch, etc.

Shame there isn't a "rage" and a "hype" category for the posts - it would have served as a good proxy for the mood some curve. Would've been glorious to see Heroic CE launch :p

I'm intrigued to see what "posts about the post analysis" are categorised as inside the post analysis...it could get quite recursive

deoee

I'm gonna try to start a raid today (I'm in Europe so let's say the timeframe begins 4 hours from now) for PS4 people.
Everyone's welcome.
And as I need all raids on all modes we can do multiple runs :)

But someone with much experience would be superduper because I have done the raids only once, so I do not know all the tricks and paths to take :S

And as this is the first time I've got multiple characters above/on 30, how does the multiple chest looting work?

Feel free to quote here or add me deoee0

1)deoee
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Gammacide

Well, I never got Hard Light as a drop. And, i think, No Land Beyond (sure I only bought it off Xur).

Was actually sad about HL, Xur never sold it until well into this year.
And I've never gotten Monte Carlo to drop. Dying for that as its my last RNG gun to get. Still need one more queens cypher but not to worried as that'll come more frequently.

Tjamato88

Also considering getting the telemetry for rocket launchers to level up my Horn. What's the best way to use it? Complete a bunch of bounties and take it right before I turn it in?

Shame there isn't a "rage" and a "hype" category for the posts - it would have served as a good proxy for the mood some curve. Would've been glorious to see Heroic CE launch :p

A mood category would be interesting. That data could be aggregated to create Hawkian's sign wave.

Also, you also just saved me the mental stress of doing everything myself by suggesting that I make it public. I actually wasn't using Google Docs until recently, but now that I know how efficient it is I can skip the messy process I was doing before.

I'll do the count for each thread and then make them public. Hell, if someone wants to tackle a specific thread, I'll give them the category breakdown. All you have to do is read each post and use your judgement.

ocean

Banned
Didn't Mask of the Third Man turn out to be quite lackluster in real world benefits when it was actually tested?
It's fun in PvE with Encore. In places with lots of trash like Omnigul when the Thrall start pouring in the first room you can blade dance for like 5 minutes nonstop with that thing :p

ocean

Banned
A mood category would be interesting. That data could be aggregated to create Hawkian's sign wave.

Also, you also just saved me the mental stress of doing everything myself by suggesting that I make it public. I actually wasn't using Google Docs until recently, but now that I know how efficient it is I can skip the messy process I was doing before.

I'll do the count for each thread and then make them public. Hell, if someone wants to tackle a specific thread, I'll give them the category breakdown. All you have to do is read each post and use your judgement.
Count me in chief. Just don't make it completely open? I haven't used Google Docs but I'd hate to imagine some troll just messing it up :p
You can use ToO carries to bribe some manpower for the data crunch :p

Top Bottom