• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Spoo

Can't imagine a scenario where this thing is useful in PvE. Then again, Strange Coins are easy to come by if you have more than one character. I always suggest buying any Exotic you don't own, specially these HoW pieces which only have 3 upgrade bubbles and come at 42 Light right off the bat.

Cool. I'll snag it -- I have two characters, and who knows maybe it gets a Year 2 version that is better for PvE (I just love the way it looks :O)

ocean

Banned
Cool. I'll snag it -- I have two characters, and who knows maybe it gets a Year 2 version that is better for PvE (I just love the way it looks :O)
Yeah with two characters you should be making over 20 Coins a week so just snag anything you don't own.

Imagine that beauiful Blueprint kiosk with every slot filled in. It must be done :)

ocean

Banned
Gonna start doing Daily Heroic mission every day until TTK for the planetary mats.

I don't wanna be a Patrol farmer again :(

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Use Void to defeat Guaridans in PVP - 500

YAY!

Haven't played PVP since November. I'll either play good like I did before or be utter shit. I am lvl 32 where before was 25.

noomi

Morning DGAF!

Got my warlock voidfang vestments, starfire protocol, and heart of the praxic fire this morning.... my motes are crying.

Namikaze1

An, Trials Day. Just gonna be looking for 5 wins on my Hunter. Hopefully the map isn't Pantheon, Theive's Den, or Black Shield.

It's gonna be one of those three isn't it?

noomi

An, Trials Day. Just gonna be looking for 5 wins on my Hunter. Hopefully the map isn't Pantheon, Theive's Den, or Black Shield.

It's gonna be one of those three isn't it?

5 wins is all I want today as well... need those warlock boots.

What do you guys think a level 28 going into trials? Hah

I need the Titan's Crest of Alpha Lupi but I do not know if it is even worth rolling engrams for it right now when I should probably be saving motes. . .

Also I'm about to crazy with heavy ammo synth.

Namikaze1

Good morning, Noomi!

It sucks that the hunter boots are discipline only. Need intellect. A lot of intellect. I just want the boots cause it has the heavy perk and I missed out on it last time around.

Virdix

I need the Titan's Crest of Alpha Lupi but I do not know if it is even worth rolling engrams for it right now when I should probably be saving motes. . .

Also I'm about to crazy with heavy ammo synth.
Personally, I'm not rolling any engrams but I've never been much of a collector. Just buying what Xur brings that I dont have from now on with the new blueprint system.

JayHayabusa

Nice progress on ur Warlock Noomi. Looked it up on Bungie.net.

Just curious why haven't u been buying Legendary gear from Variks for him to get him to 34?

noomi

Nice progress on ur Warlock Noomi. Looked it up on Bungie.net.

Just curious why haven't u been buying Legendary gear from Variks for him to get him to 34?

Yeah, I was able to level him pretty quickly with some help. Only bought the Variks chest piece so far, hopefully on Tuesday he has a nice helmet for me :D

If all goes according to plan and RNG decides to give me some love, he should be 34 by this weekend :D

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Well that was all awesome. Jumped into a PoE last round on boss. Probably 3-4 minutes played.

Unlocked both small chests and got 5 mote, 5 coins and a key. Used key to open main chest and get Eternal Warrior helmet. Bit of luck as I was going to buy that from Xur just after. Also got Her Right Hand.

Namikaze1

The public event better pop up this time. Waited 15 minutes last time and never popped up. 7 minutes waiting for timer to hit 0 on the site and 8 minutes of waiting for it to pop up.

noomi

The public event better pop up this time. Waited 15 minutes last time and never popped up. 7 minutes waiting for timer to hit 0 on the site and 8 minutes of waiting for it to pop up.

Seems like the public event tracker site has been off recently. I've heard some people mentioning the same problem the other day.

ocean

Banned
I still think the absolute best story in the game is the Thorn / Last Word Grimoire.

A young kid seeing a dazzling Guardian, in awe runs up to him and holds his gun, The Last Word... realizing this path he wants to set on.

A man corrupted by the Darkness so fully that he forgets his past self, abandons his heroic storied life as a Guardian and assumes a new identity; his old Rose becoming a Weapon of Sorrow, the Thorn.

His first and last friend confronting him, urging him to recall who he was, while the carcass of that former guardian saying that the hero of old was no longer, and only he and his darkness prevailed.

Imagine how freaking cool it would have been to finish up the Thorn bounty in an Elimination map, riddled with dialogue, against a bot using Thorn. Defeat this old guardian to claim his weapon. No Special, no Heavy. Just 5 rounds of PvE in a PvP format with dialogue, lore, and a great reward.

It's painful how much potential this game's back story has.

noomi

I still think the absolute best story in the game is the Thorn / Last Word Grimoire.

A young kid seeing a dazzling Guardian, in awe runs up to him and holds his gun, The Last Word... realizing this path he wants to set on.

A man corrupted by the Darkness so fully that he forgets his past self, abandons his heroic storied life as a Guardian and assumes a new identity; his old Rose becoming a Weapon of Sorrow, the Thorn.

His first and last friend confronting him, urging him to recall who he was, while the carcass of that former guardian saying that the hero of old was no longer, and only he and his darkness prevailed.

Imagine how freaking cool it would have been to finish up the Thorn bounty in an Elimination map, riddled with dialogue, against a bot using Thorn. Defeat this old guardian to claim his weapon. No Special, no Heavy. Just 5 rounds of PvE in a PvP format with dialogue, lore, and a great reward.

Bungie needs to hire this man!

You should be a designer for Bungie. That would be amazing.

Virdix

I havent done much reading on Destiny's lore but the Thorn and Osiris are at the top of what i have read.

Yeah, I was able to level him pretty quickly with some help. Only bought the Variks chest piece so far, hopefully on Tuesday he has a nice helmet for me :D

If all goes according to plan and RNG decides to give me some love, he should be 34 by this weekend :D
You never got any warlock legendaries from faction or cryptarch packages on your hunter? Seems crazy with how long you've been playing.

I remember when I finally made my hunter I already had a full set waiting in the vault. Plus a bunch of exotics.

SkylineRKR

Yes its the best backstory in the game. It actually triggered me to begin the Thorn quest I never felt like doing. And I had TLW already. Just wanted them both. This was before the mayhem these weapons cause nowadays.

Its so much wasted potential. An actual quest with dialogue etc, where you meet Xyor, Dredgen etc would've been ace.

ocean

Banned
Bungie needs to hire this man!
Oh man I'd kill for backstory DLC. An expansion titled The Twilight Gap, fighting with St. 14 and Zavala and the rest of the gang to push back the Fallen, being on the edge of defeat when the Queen negotiates with House of Wolves to let us win...or that campaign to recover the moon with Hundreds of guardians succumbing to Crota himself (I imagine he didn't have guys carrying the only freaking sword which could hurt him back in that battle, he'd just kneel once in a while to catch his breath :p)

This game could have had such an awesome, amazing campaign with the universe they created.

Virdix

Sounds not to bad thanks, also heard it's a year 2 weapon so maybe the upgraded version is useful for pve, would love to use it on my white looking warlock :p
Year 2 Monte Carlo

CM0pI4MUkAAaD2P.jpg

Jk just old concept art

noomi

You never got any warlock legendaries from faction or cryptarch packages on your hunter? Seems crazy with how long you've been playing.

I remember when I finally made my hunter I already had a full set waiting in the vault. Plus a bunch of exotics.

I dun' goofed.

Never really intended to make a warlock or titan; always told myself I'm going to run 3 hunters.... because who has time for another 2 classes? Oh boy.... how wrong I was.

I would always dismantle gear from other classes I didn't need, same with class materials.

Now I wish I hadn't, but it shouldn't take me too long to get everything I need. By the time TTK releases I'll have most of the warlock exotics, and every raid set and trials set as well ;)

Namikaze1

You're still working on that, Zoba? I thought you would've given up by now. I did when I went looking up for anyone who skipped Gjallarhorn back during the first time Xur sold it.

And that's nothing compared to what you're doing.

dyergram

Jesus they could totally of done that.

Top Bottom