• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

pixxxelz

Poe 34 anyone? I need them points for my cypher

Oh shit top of page, I need to post something uhhh.. A classic

ifKHufY9g0lDQ.gif

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Congrats! How long did it take you?

We played for about two hours I bet. We killed Skolas on our fifth attempt. Our second best run was when we were all running to the last mine in the final wave and I got booted to orbit. Luckily we were able to brush it off and get back at it.

It was actually quite enjoyable. I was not too excited when we got to Skolas and I saw that Lightswitch was on. But we only had one bad encounter with the Captain with blades, the rest of the time we did very well.
I think the biggest thing for me was that I embraced the Small Arms modifier and used my primary as much as possible. I had attempted Skolas weeks ago when Small Arms was on and I kept using my secondary weapon a lot and struggled.
This time I felt a special bond with my Arc damage Jewel of Osiris.
Guess you could say it's getting pretty serious.
Slayed and Laid. :)

todd360

Just had a fight with a small raccoon. Our coonhound was having a blast. Fighting those things close quarters at night sucks. Ain't nobody got time for rabies.

Welp good night dgaf

Wallach

I think belmakor was looking to do it tonight but if you still need a run later I could help, I should be around.

No worries. I'd jump in tonight but I'll be busy working on stuff most of the night; Saturday or Sunday should be free enough that I'll have time to get in there.

LTWood12

I could help out. I need 8 more strikes to get my 250.

Thanks Kadey!

So did my second lightswitch Skolas tonight, and I have to say it's easier in some ways than Angry. Small arms is great for clearing the ads, and you can still stun the captains w/ Found Verdict if they get too close. Did it w/ no wipes tonight.

lt519

So did my second lightswitch Skolas tonight, and I have to say it's easier in some ways than Angry. Small arms is great for clearing the ads, and you can still stun the captains w/ Found Verdict if they get too close. Did it w/ no wipes tonight.

Yeah, I was saying this earlier today, I really think this modifier is easier than last weeks. The Small Arms is so great for clearing out adds and as long as you have a team that is aware of where the captains are the fight is actually quicker than any other modifier. Fang of Ir Yut is great for one person to keep radar active while the others go down scope. Even using Knucklehead Rader as a bladedancer is worthwhile.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Look at the price between these two for the nepal shader.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176046312&postcount=17354

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176056476&postcount=17361

The latter is reasonable but LOL at the first one.
The latter one is someone wanting to buy the Shader/Emblem for $5, the first one is someone wanting to sell.

The shader doesn't even look all that good tbh
Looks good on Hunters and Titans, not so much on Warlocks. In the Reef, it makes the Red look Orange.

I bounced the Shader around my 3 characters last night. Might delete it for now, and wait to see how it looks on the new TTK armour sets.

Any guesses as to what tomorrow will bring? I think Xur will sell ghjallerhorn, ghjallerhorn boots, ghjallerhorn chest, ghjallerhorn gloves, and ghjallerhorn helmet. The trials map will be Pantheon.

Any guesses as to what tomorrow will bring? I think Xur will sell ghjallerhorn, ghjallerhorn boots, ghjallerhorn chest, ghjallerhorn gloves, and ghjallerhorn helmet. The trials map will be Pantheon.
Ice breaker again as its getting nerfed. Or something that wont be in year 2

Getting salty, better go to bed
Night gaf

rc213

Blue weapons >>>>>>>> Legendary/Exotics for upgrading to shard for weapon parts.

2 weeks ago 0 weapons, Tonight 267 using mostly blue weapons which can be maxed with 5-6 bounties and shard to 5-7 parts each.

All i want is the Truth please Xur!!!

rc213

The nerfs don't even seem necessary for gally and IB if they aren't moving to year 2, bungie what are you doing?

If i remember from the twitch reveal they specifically said for now only a few were moving on to Year 2. I think they will add more throughout the year.

If i remember from the twitch reveal they specifically said for now only a few were moving on to Year 2. I think they will add more throughout the year.

That's definitely what they said but the fact that they aren't moving already is enough of a nerf isn't it? It'll be rebalanced when they "prestige" it

LTWood12

Yeah, I was saying this earlier today, I really think this modifier is easier than last weeks. The Small Arms is so great for clearing out adds and as long as you have a team that is aware of where the captains are the fight is actually quicker than any other modifier. Fang of Ir Yut is great for one person to keep radar active while the others go down scope. Even using Knucklehead Rader as a bladedancer is worthwhile.

For sure. I rocked Fang, T-44 used Fatebringer, and Gutz used an arc wolves leash. 5th kill in a row that someone in the fireteam got a weapon. Gutz got an arc six dreg pride (*fart noise)

What if they are nerfing the Black Hammer because they are going to remix the Ice Breaker and have it act like the Black Hammer currently does?

They probably aren't but I'm bored and wild speculation can be fun.

Is there a benefit in levelling any faction over 5? I can't seem to get any perks besides the armor/weapon choices at faction lvl 3.

Should I be switching to another faction and level that?

Frenden

Banned
Is there a benefit in levelling any faction over 5? I can't seem to get any perks besides the armor/weapon choices at faction lvl 3.

Faction packages have a small chance at shaders, emblems, and weapons each rank up. After you get each to Rank 3 (so you can buy their wares), I recommend sticking with one in an effort to collect that stuff.

Oh, and ships. But there's a better chance of winning the lottery.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Well, normally, any rank up past level 3 gets you a package that is supposed to have armour pieces, weapons, shaders, emblems, ships etc.

What happened post-HoW was that people got screwed out of some of these packages by only getting Motes of Light or Strange Coins instead of gear. This was mentioned and apologised for yesterday by Tyson Green during the Tower walkthrough Twitch stream, insinuating that problems like that will be sorted when TTK releases.

Best thing to do is read this, and prepare for TTK launch day.

Top Bottom