• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

rNilla

Post #
Date: The day the post was made (MM/DD/YY)
Day: The day of the week the most was made (Friday)
Time: The time the post was made (GMT-4)
Poster: The author of the post

There's got to be someone talented here than can easily throw a script together to prepopulate the spreadsheet with this stuff for a given thread ID. Assuming it's not against GAF TOS. Then you are essentially left with a checklist to compare against the thread.

I could probably do it but it will take me 10x longer than someone who knows what they're doing.

Kyoufu

Willing to bet Thunderlord Y2 has Chain Lightning AoE effects.

Machine Guns are nice but they do lack the AoE that Rocket Launchers have.

Well here's the guidelines currently. It'd be best to weed out any ambiguity or contradictions now so the process goes as smoothly as possible.

DESTINYGAF |OT| POST STATS

Anyone who's interested should PM me.

This is a madman's undertaking, but I've been mad myself sometimes. But please, please tell me you're using a python script or something to scrape the date, time, poster.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
One thing to consider, even if they are still sold: we're going to want to be spending our legendary marks on new guns & armor, not mats. Buys mats now isn't a big deal since we're all flush with marks. Not gonna be that way in a month.
I was just thinking about that before I saw your post. It's deinfitely a whynotboth.jpg situation.

Deku Tree

I wonder if exotic shards are used to upgrade year 2 exotics to their max attack values... The blueprints were all 280 attack and that's not the max.

There's got to be someone talented here than can easily throw a script together to prepopulate the spreadsheet with this stuff for a given thread ID. Assuming it's not against GAF TOS. Then you are essentially left with a checklist to compare against the thread.

I could probably do it but it will take me 10x longer than someone who knows what they're doing.

That would have to be a really complex script to pick up on all the potential keywords.

This is a madman's undertaking, but I've been mad myself sometimes. But please, please tell me you're using a python script or something to scrape the date, time, poster.

Oh I see now. I'll look into it.

And yes it's absolutely mad but so are 30 threads for a game that isn't a year old.

Deku Tree

That would have to be a really complex script to pick up on all the potential keywords.

Oh I see now. I'll look into it.

And yes it's absolutely mad but so are 30 threads for a game that isn't a year old.

How did you populate the spreadsheet with all the basic stuff like post number, username, date and time, etc? Is that automated I hope?

GlamFM

Banned
Hey Guardians from the USA.

Kind of tired?

Kind of thirsty?

Here´s an idea!

How about you go across the street and get yourself a nice RedBull!

And how about you take the code that´s on there and give it to your buddy Glam who cant get it because he´s from Germany.

Sounds AMAZING, right?

How did you populate the spreadsheet with all the basic stuff like post number, username, date and time, etc? Is that automated I hope?

8p10n.gif

I read left to right.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got a thunderlord from my first PoE big chest. I haven't used it much, I hope it is cool in year 2.

OkayRene

I just filed DGAF OT bankruptcy and went right to the last page. Did I miss anything between yesterday morning and now?

Mupod

Map better not be Pantheon, Black Shield, or Thieves' Den.

Pantheon is that annoying snipefest right? I used to be able to snipe but of all the PVP skills I lost during my long break that's the one I haven't gotten back yet.

Actually on that subject I got a Her Benevolence from the chest last night and I planned to reroll it for PVP. It ate all my weapon parts and the best I had to show for it was a bunch of 'reloads faster when the mag is empty'. I should be looking for Hidden Hand right?

Also does anyone know the best way to get weapon parts en masse?

Kind of tired?

Kind of thirsty?

Here´s an idea!

And how about you take the code that´s on there and give it to your buddy Glam who cant get it because he´s from Germany.

Sounds AMAZING, right?

I'll PM you a code when I get home later, probably around 5 hours from now.

GhaleonEB

If I had to hazard a guess, they looked at data from the game and saw that people gathering mats from the world dropped not a little but to like 2%. I know I never do it, ever.

And it's clear that they wanted to make that a very clear and integral part of the gameworld.

It also, honestly, works in the narrative. If we're rebuilding the golden age, it should actually honestly be a little tough to build these things up.

And that's what this situation looks like. "A little tough." They've drastically lowered mat requirements. It looks like legendary weapons will be harder to get. I can get five mats in like 10 minutes.

This is all me, though. And I'm the kind of person who listens to Gorillaz and forces my brain to picture the characters actually recording the music.

So.
I agree across with all this, though I'd note that legendary weapons will be easier to come by now. Armsday, guaranteed legendaries from faction packages, earning rep for Vanguard and factions in tandem, buying legendary engrams from the Cryptarch, gear from quest lines and opening up factions to PvE players will all increase access to legendary gear (among other sources). Which I'm like, super excited about. It looks like a good mix of known and unknown rewards.

noomi

I like Black Shield and Pantheon

High five!

I honestly don't mind any of the maps, as long as it's not always the same one. Seems like we've had Burning Shrine 4 or 5 times already :eek:

Kind of tired?

Kind of thirsty?

Here´s an idea!

Sounds AMAZING, right?

Hmmm, have you checked ebay? They might have some codes for pretty cheap.

I would man, but I must have bought over 20 codes for people already. My wife doesn't want to see any more red bull cans in the house :|

Namikaze1

High five!

I honestly don't mind any of the maps, as long as it's not always the same one. Seems like we've had Burning Shrine 4 or 5 times already :eek:
Cause Burning Shrine is best Trials map.

Anyone who disagrees can meet me outside the Vault of Glass after school! No Thorns or Rams allow!

noomi

Hey guys forget trials tonight, who wants to run a level 28 warlock through a hard VoG!

Cause Burning Shrine is best Trials map.

Anyone who disagrees can meet me outside the Vault of Glass after school!

Not even going to lie it is my favorite map out of the bunch :p

GlamFM

Banned
High five!

Hmmm, have you checked ebay? They might have some codes for pretty cheap.

I would man, but I must have bought over 20 codes for people already. My wife doesn't want to see any more red bull cans in the house :|

All good my man, saveweyard will hook me up later ;)

Lee

Kind of tired?

Kind of thirsty?

Here´s an idea!

Sounds AMAZING, right?

I got you man. Check your PMs in a minute. Need to drink this dreg piss red bull real fast

Top Bottom