• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Just wanted to say how happy I am that you're back ;)

thanks but nothing's set in stone yet. i'm still not able to play yet and there are some bridges i'd like to rebuild...

It was my third break from the game (and a much needed one) but the circumstances have been less than ideal.

I think I might panic if my Helm of the Saint doesn't go to year 2 :/

for my titan, I only ever seem to equip 2 exotics, Helm for pve and armentarium for pvp. dont mind trying something new in the TTK. I once equipped pergrine greeves and skullfort just to see how they looked.

ocean

Banned
thanks but nothing's set in stone yet. i'm still not able to play and there are some bridges i'd like to rebuild...
Tell Sony if your account issue isn't sorted by TTK launch you'll throw a knife at them. Arrow sniping montage must happen.

LTWood12

Wait, I think I've figured this out.

Weapons are ordered first by their weapon classes. I haven't figured out what the secondary organizer is, but weapon class is definitely first.

You can tell at the bottom that primaries follow this order: AR-HC-PR-SR-Misc

It would be logical to assume the top area has a similar flow, but the picture here shows what appears to be a new Red Death at the end of the first chunk: http://i.imgur.com/QrHMgWu.png

This would imply that none of the Scout Rifles from Year 1 are going to move upward. Mida of course being the only Scout Rifle.

That....actually makes a lot of sense. You may very well be correct.

I think the most efficient way to play TTK together on launch day is to play all the same class. that way we can do the class specific quests at the same time. no?

Weapons are ordered first by their weapon classes. I haven't figured out what the secondary organizer is, but weapon class is definitely first.

It would be logical to assume the top area has a similar flow, but the picture here shows what appears to be a new Red Death at the end of the first chunk: http://i.imgur.com/QrHMgWu.png

This would imply that none of the Scout Rifles from Year 1 are going to move upward. Mida of course being the only Scout Rifle.

tumblr_m6mzrs0OOl1rr7c36.gif

nice catch.

It doesn't at the same time, though. Because what weapons would be at the top to the left of the new SUROS?

http://i.imgur.com/Q2TCirG.jpg

According to this screenshot the character in question has the Nechro and Hard Light, but they aren't up above.

This would allude to the fact that those two slots are actually for new weapons, and not Year 1 conversions. Thus, the 4 weapons on the right might not be the only 4 new exotics we get.

The real question is why is there 2 seperate Year 2 Primary sections when the first one has 2 empty slots on it. I think if we can figure that out, we'll have a good idea of what's actually coming over.

Kalamari

I have a feeling that Fate of All Fools may remain unobtainable. I think it may remain unique to the one player that has it, and I think that is perfectly fine.

I think ALL Year One exotics will get upgrades eventually

In fact I think that allowing people to upgrade them all for marks seemed to easy anyways

Slowly thinking certain blueprints will need an unlock beyond just OWNing the original

or they are just gonna roll out more with new expansions

Still seems odd that they would put time to rework several key exotics (hard light, necrochasm, icebreaker, lord of wolves) just to give them nothing to do in Taken King

Many are speculating that unlocking blueprints will be an incentive to run upgraded versions of old content like the Raids and PoE

Sure thing. This is the boring and tedious part. The fun part will be putting them into graphs and pie charts and that's what has me excited.

Please no pie charts. They're the worst. The only thing worse than a pie chart is multiple pie charts.

Remember, the reason you are displaying information in a chart or graph is that you want to make it easier to interpret and compare information. Pie charts do quite the reverse.​

But it only looks like there is one less year 2 primary there there is year one. you think it could be mida?

Navy Bean

Any of you PS4 DGafers play Rocket League? After months of Destiny on the Xbone I finally decided to try it out...it's fun as hell.

Hit me up if you want to play sometime: PSN is Ferrolla33.

Lee

I think you can buy green armor from someone to shard for armor parts; is that what you're thinking of?

Must be. I drink when I play so I'm really a terrible source of information and should just stop posting advice.

But it only looks like there is one less year 2 primary there there is year one. you think it could be mida?

I don't think the 4 separate year 2 primaries on the side are reserved for just brand new primaries. I think there is something else that distinguishes them over there, just haven't figured out what.

So MIDA could be over in the 2nd area.

I don't think the 4 separate year 2 primaries on the side are reserved for just brand new primaries. I think there is something else that distinguishes them over there, just haven't figured out what.

Who knows but they are clearly holding info back

noomi

I think ALL Year One exotics will get upgrades eventually

In fact I think that allowing people to upgrade them all for marks seemed to easy anyways

Slowly thinking certain blueprints will need an unlock beyond just OWNing the original

or they are just gonna roll out more with new expansions

Still seems odd that they would put time to rework several key exotics (hard light, necrochasm, icebreaker, lord of wolves) just to give them nothing to do in Taken King

Many are speculating that unlocking blueprints will be an incentive to run upgraded versions of old content like the Raids and PoE

This is exactly what I was thinking as well, we get a handful of year 1 exotics now, and as time goes on they will work to re-introduce old exotics once more with better and newer perks :D

Has to be it!

It doesn't at the same time, though. Because what weapons would be at the top to the left of the new SUROS?

According to this screenshot the character in question has the Nechro and Hard Light, but they aren't up above.

This would allude to the fact that those two slots are actually for new weapons, and not Year 1 conversions. Thus, the 4 weapons on the right might not be the only 4 new exotics we get.

The real question is why is there 2 seperate Year 2 Primary sections when the first one has 2 empty slots on it. I think if we can figure that out, we'll have a good idea of what's actually coming over.

I thought the "greyed" out exotics were just the new ones, and they shuffle around to make room for any Year 2 exotics that you happen to have the Year 1 version of? I thought that was the reason postulated for why the red death appears in the bad ju ju slot when comparing between the teaser and the reveal.

Please no pie charts. They're the worst. The only thing worse than a pie chart is multiple pie charts.

Remember, the reason you are displaying information in a chart or graph is that you want to make it easier to interpret and compare information. Pie charts do quite the reverse.​

I like the percentage charts like this

pie_demo_features.png

They have their uses. I wanted to show the topic distribution per thread in both a pie chart and a bar graph. The activity stats would be line graphics, the atmosphere stat would obviously be a sine graph, and then top posters would just be a table

This is exactly what I was thinking as well, we get a handful of year 1 exotics now, and as time goes on they will work to re-introduce old exotics once more with better and newer perks :D

Has to be it!

I thought that, as well. Until Deej made that comment in the BWU about the Gjallarhorn.

I thought the "greyed" out exotics were just the new ones, and they shuffle around to make room for any Year 2 exotics that you happen to have the Year 1 version of? I thought that was the reason postulated for why the red death appears in the bad ju ju slot when comparing between the teaser and the reveal.

I think in the stream when he hovered over a year 1 that was greyed out it said "requires discovery" or something. the greyed out ones are a list of year 1's you havnt found yet.

speculation of course

Different Builds is more likely as in this screen shot http://i.imgur.com/Q2TCirG.jpg

Bad Juju is the only Year 1 weapon that didn't get a new thumbnail in Year 2.

So it was likely a place holder.

Popularised by Florence Nightingale - she saved a lot of soldiers lives by using pie charts to convince the army to have cleaner hospital tents.

i.e. They're handy when you want to point and say - LOOK this part is a huge proportion of the total.

EDIT re bad ju ju placement - ah ok - I just wanted to flag that as a possibility as it would cause trouble for all the counting based logics...

LTWood12

We know there there has to be more than those four primaries though. There are 11 from year one. We know 4 of those aren't coming forward. So that leaves 6 that are, and one we aren't sure about (Mida). That means there's seven or eight new exotic primaries.

Another inconsistency I just noticed:
Vex Mythoclast is a special weapon that we equip in the primary slot. It is listed as a primary as far as blueprints. No Land Beyond and Universal Remote are ALSO special weapons we equip in the primary slot. However, those are listed under Special for Year One blue-prints.

rNilla

We know there there has to be more than those four primaries though. There are 11 from year one. We know 4 of those aren't coming forward. So that leaves 6 that are, and one we aren't sure about (Mida). That means there's seven or eight new exotic primaries.

Vex Mythoclast is a special weapon that we equip in the primary slot. It is listed as a primary as far as blueprints. No Land Beyond and Universal Remote are ALSO special weapons we equip in the primary slot. However, those are listed under Special for Year One blue-prints.
Please bring NLB to Year 2 and convert it to a special exotic. I could always equip it!

I think once I get 347 and Jade rabbit, I wont care that much anyway. but if 2.0 is everything it sounds like, Mida is going to be a PVP powerhouse. So maybe it should stay year 1 for now.

Yeha but they seemed pretty clear on Gally not getting a year 2 version

Clearly going to be one of the last guns to get its year 2 variant and Im not sure they are just going to GIVE the blueprint away just for owning the original

its going to be hard to get. Some questline maybe

That said I imagine the Vex and Necro upgrades are going to be linked to the old raids getting remixed for lvl 40? Or maybe some Eris Morn endgame quest for Necro?

HoW Exotics I am guessing will have Variks quests the encourage you to run PoE

That said they have YET to reveal remixes to Year one content beyond the Taken war stuff

So its likely these upgrades WONT come until the next dlc or major content update :(

Popularised by Florence Nightingale - she saved a lot of soldiers lives by using pie charts to convince the army to have cleaner hospital tents.

i.e. They're handy when you want to point and say - LOOK this part is a huge proportion of the total.

I agree that a pie chart alone though doesn't tell the full story. Pie charts are for percent/100 and then you compare the actual numbers alongside it in a bar graph. So you can say "Off Topic discussion was 40% of OT 18" on the pie chart, and the graph would show 8,000 posts.

Are you guys writing a thesis on DGAF posts?

It's a conspiracy to boost off topic over LFG ;)

This is a problem Bungie has always had with consistency. Vex was their first irregularly slotted weapon. This is why changes to Fusion Rifles or Special weapon ammo would always screw up Vex balancing and require a 2nd patch to fix it back in the early days. The Remote had similar problems, but it wasn't used as much so no one hardly noticed. No Land Beyond was made later on and played by different rules.

So it may be hard to find consistency here. In an hour I'll be home for Lunch and I'll really start diving into this.

After those screenie breakdowns I'm pretty sure kor is batman.

Does this make Luke/Deej/Bungie the Riddler? Because I would love to see someone photoshop a green bowler cap onto Luke or Deej's head.

ocean

Banned
I agree that a pie chart alone though doesn't tell the full story. Pie charts are for percent/100 and then you compare the actual numbers alongside it in a bar graph. So you can say "Off Topic discussion was 40% of OT 18" on the pie chart, and the graph would show 8,000 posts.

It's a conspiracy to boost off topic over LFG ;)
I'll make a pie chart showing "tables broken while raging over Destiny PvP, by user", and it'll be a single color labeled Unstable in large font over the middle.

I'm good with graphs you see.

LTWood12

This is a problem Bungie has always had with consistency. Vex was their first irregularly slotted weapon. This is why changes to Fusion Rifles or Special weapon ammo would always screw up Vex balancing and require a 2nd patch to fix it back in the early days. The Remote had similar problems, but it wasn't used as much so no one hardly noticed. No Land Beyond was made later on and played by different rules.

So it may be hard to find consistency here. In an hour I'll be at the Batcave for Lunch and I'll really start diving into this.

FTFY

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
This Thorn bounty can go and fuck itself. Gonna have to do some Raids until I get a Void primary. Trying to scavenge ammo for a sniper then get kills with it is lame.

RoKKeR

Lvl 32 Warlock and my only Exotic is Light Beyond Nemesis... is that chest piece Xur is selling any good?

I don't play much as it is now so I might just save all of my coins for post-TTK.

Top Bottom