• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

rNilla

Cause Burning Shrine is best Trials map.

Anyone who disagrees can meet me outside the Vault of Glass after school! No Thorns or Rams allow!

I disagree.

1pfDcsN.png

Lee

Also does anyone know the best way to get weapon parts en masse?

Cheapest method is Brother Vance. Get those trial wins and you can buy whatever gun he is selling as many times as you want, for 3-4 weapon parts each. 500 glimmer I believe? Or 250? It's the best deal.

Alternatively, Vanguard Quartermaster, but that's like 950 or 1250 glimmer or something.

Edit: Looked it up on the app.
B. Vance = Legendary Weapon (3-4 Weapon Parts) for 500 Glimmer
V. Quartermaster = Green Weapon (1, maybe 2 Weapon Parts) for 250 Glimmer

ocean

Banned
Yikes. I'll crunch on Sunday, just give me an OT and I'll fill in the table for it. A 20,000 row long Excel sheet for a single of our 28 OTs.

Nami I'm gonna curse at you so hard.

That said, if any of our whiz programmers can come up with a parser to snag the fixed stuff (Poster, Date, Time) it'd make it a lot easier.

LTWood12

Through process of elimination and a helpful breakdown on reddit, I've determined that Mida Multi-tool will indeed have a year two version. Not 100% positive, but the odds are in it's favor:

http://i.imgur.com/QrHMgWu.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q2TCirG.jpg

There are 14 year two primary slots. 10 on the left, 4 on the right. We can assume the four on the right are new exotic primaries, so:
-347 Vesta Dynasty
-No Time to Explain
-unnamed arcbolt firing auto rifle (kind of looks like an AK-47?)
-Jade Rabbit

So for the 10 slots on the left, we know the following are included:
-Suros Regime
-TLW
-Red Death
-Monte Carlo
-Hawkmoon
-Bad Juju

Between both of these pictures, every year one primary is shown as having the blueprint EXCEPT for Mida Multi-Tool. We know the following didn't make the cut:
-Nechrocasm
-Hard Light
-Thorn
-Vex Mythoclast (odd to me that this shows as a primary when it's actually a special weapon)

So we've got 4 slots left for primaries. I'm assuming one is the Mida.

Pretty sure loads of people are salty about Gjallarhorn.

Well the year one exotic list in general is making salty waves

A lot of people are missing that they specifically hinted "Not Yet"

They clearly want gally to have a rest period before they figure out the proper way to upgrade it later on in year two

That said I think some of the more RECENT exotics should also have an earlier shot at upgrades as well

Raid Exotics and HoW exotics... Like cmon... especially for HoW exotics. WAY to early to be shelfing them

ocean

Banned
Can someone fill me in on the Drizzay and Thunderlord reference?

I was almost too afraid to ask, but I'm too curious.
It was the only Exotic he was missing for a long time. He had teased and hyped a mega post which would drop whenever he got it. It's been like 3 months and people nagging him for it has created a somewhat silly expectation which his post wouldn't be able to match so it's just become an inside joke in the community.

For reference, Todd had a similar situation with Heart of the Praxic Fire. Things got weird:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1000901&page=1

Hey all, I might need some help (not right this second but later tonight?). I'm a level 32 hunter (no other characters, no DLC yet - though I'm going to pick up the TTK physical when it launches which includes the previous 2 DLC extensions). I've read that to have any chance of reaching level 34 Pre TTK I need to upgrade my legendary gear with etheric light. And without any DLC my only chance is the Vault Of Glass. I'm a VOG noob, so i expect I'll die a lot. Sorry if I'm totally useless. Wondered if anyone fancied having a bash at it with me later tonight? Was also wondering how one goes about joining the GAF clan?

Ta in advance!

Yikes. I'll crunch on Sunday, just give me an OT and I'll fill in the table for it. A 20,000 row long Excel sheet for a single of our 28 OTs.

Nami I'm gonna curse at you so hard.

That said, if any of our whiz programmers can come up with a parser to snag the fixed stuff (Poster, Date, Time) it'd make it a lot easier.

there's no rush, although it'd be nice to finish before 30. When i decided to do this, we were at OT18...

Wallach

I'll definitely be sad if Armamentarium doesn't make the Year 2 transition at launch.

But Thunderlord and Truth being there make up for it. I'm interested to see what they did to both of them.

noomi

no we can't miss this reference.

:D

Ultimately up to Hawkian though since he called dibs on the next OT I believe

Can someone fill me in on the Drizzay and Thunderlord reference?

I was almost too afraid to ask, but I'm too curious.

Hah!

The thunderlord was Drizz's white whale for a long time, when he finally got it we all expected this gigantic post to celebrate his new loot, that post never came :(

It has since been a long standing joke that one day this post will happen....

Through process of elimination and a helpful breakdown on reddit, I've determined that Mida Multi-tool will indeed have a year two version. Not 100% positive, but the odds are in it's favor:

http://i.imgur.com/QrHMgWu.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q2TCirG.jpg

There are 14 year two primary slots. 10 on the left, 4 on the right. We can assume the four on the right are new exotic primaries, so:
-347 Vesta Dynasty
-No Time to Explain
-unnamed arcbolt firing auto rifle (kind of looks like an AK-47?)
-Jade Rabbit

So for the 10 slots on the left, we know the following are included:
-Suros Regime
-TLW
-Red Death
-Monte Carlo
-Hawkmoon
-Bad Juju

Between both of these pictures, every year one primary is shown as having the blueprint EXCEPT for Mida Multi-Tool. We know the following didn't make the cut:
-Nechrocasm
-Hard Light
-Thorn
-Vex Mythoclast (odd to me that this shows as a primary when it's actually a special weapon)

So we've got 4 slots left for primaries. I'm assuming one is the Mida.

Why is the Exotic down and to the right of the new SUROS different in each image?

Also, if Mida is at the bottom, shouldn't it be at the top as well?

rNilla

Gutz et all will definitely come up with much better titles and amazing puns but if the OT for TTK launch isn't "Took Ones" I will be a little sad.

Hey all, I might need some help (not right this second but later tonight?). I'm a level 32 hunter (no other characters, no DLC yet - though I'm going to pick up the TTK physical when it launches which includes the previous 2 DLC extensions). I've read that to have any chance of reaching level 34 Pre TTK I need to upgrade my legendary gear with etheric light. And without any DLC my only chance is the Vault Of Glass. I'm a VOG noob, so i expect I'll die a lot. Sorry if I'm totally useless. Wondered if anyone fancied having a bash at it with me later tonight? Was also wondering how one goes about joining the GAF clan?

Ta in advance!
Etheric light doesn't drop in the vault. Without expansions, you'll have to get it as a random reward from nightfalls, or rank up iron banner when that rolls around.

ok stick with me here guys

I have a theory

Maybe there are KEY year one Exotics that CANNOT be bought with just Legendary marks to obtain the Year 2 version

They can only be UNLOCKED through some more challenging means like Quests or remixed LVL 40 Content

Raid Exotics/PoE Exotics?

Want year Two? Best beat these quests we made

ocean

Banned
there's no rush, although it'd be nice to finish before 30. When i decided to do this, we were at OT18...
I'm curious as heck about this, have been since you first mentioned compiling the info. That was a good quarter million posts ago though :p now it's a daunting task. I'd be happy to help.

You can PM me a link or Dropbox or google doc or whatever and tell me which OT to tackle.

Once again, I'm damning you in advance Nami.

flkraven

Wait. Have they confirmed that not all armor exotics are making the leap? I was under the assumption that all armor was making the leap and only some weapons. Don't know why I assumed that...

I agree across with all this, though I'd note that legendary weapons will be easier to come by now. Armsday, guaranteed legendaries from faction packages, earning rep for Vanguard and factions in tandem, buying legendary engrams from the Cryptarch, gear from quest lines and opening up factions to PvE players will all increase access to legendary gear (among other sources). Which I'm like, super excited about. It looks like a good mix of known and unknown rewards.

OMG dude in a few weeks we'll be able to play DESTINY TOGETHER!!!

Wait. Have they confirmed that not all armor exotics are making the leap? I was under the assumption that all armor was making the leap and only some weapons. Don't know why I assumed that...

As long as TLW and Knuclehead Radar are jumping forward I will be a happy camper.

I hope they leave behind the Lucky Raspberry, otherwise we'll be seeing that every Iron Banner again.

Etheric light doesn't drop in the vault. Without expansions, you'll have to get it as a random reward from nightfalls, or rank up iron banner when that rolls around.

I haven't touched competitive yet, not since the beta, I can't do nightfall strikes without the DLC. Ahhhhh, I might have to dust off my crucible boots.

My thoughts are

- They are being rolled out gradually

- Some chose exotics cannot be attained by simply buying the blueprint with marks. Questlines and other content might be required to unlock the blueprint as opposed to simply having the original exotic

I'm curious as heck about this, have been since you first mentioned compiling the info. That was a good quarter million posts ago though :p now it's a daunting task. I'd be happy to help.

You can PM me a link or Dropbox or google doc or whatever and tell me which OT to tackle.

Once again, I'm damning you in advance Nami.

Sure thing. This is the boring and tedious part. The fun part will be putting them into graphs and pie charts and that's what has me excited.

flkraven

As long as TLW and Knuclehead Radar are jumping forward I will be a happy camper.

I hope they leave behind the Lucky Raspberry, otherwise we'll be seeing that every Iron Banner again.

I think I might panic if my Helm of the Saint doesn't go to year 2 :/

ocean

Banned
Sure thing. This is the boring and tedious part. The fun part will be putting them into graphs and pie charts and that's what has me excited.
tmhnks.gif

The econometrics nerd in me is excited at the prospect of making this mood table fit a sine curve somehow :p

Hawk, your prophetic words will be confirmed, with math. A population of 600k+ = soooo much potential for nerdy analysis.

What do you mean? The Year One Mida hasn't been acquired in either of the two linked screenshots.

Wait, I think I've figured this out.

Weapons are ordered first by their weapon classes. I haven't figured out what the secondary organizer is, but weapon class is definitely first.

You can tell at the bottom that primaries follow this order: AR-HC-PR-SR-Misc

It would be logical to assume the top area has a similar flow, but the picture here shows what appears to be a new Red Death at the end of the first chunk: http://i.imgur.com/QrHMgWu.png

This would imply that none of the Scout Rifles from Year 1 are going to move upward. Mida of course being the only Scout Rifle.

Cheapest method is Brother Vance. Get those trial wins and you can buy whatever gun he is selling as many times as you want, for 3-4 weapon parts each. 500 glimmer I believe? Or 250? It's the best deal.

Alternatively, Vanguard Quartermaster, but that's like 950 or 1250 glimmer or something.

Edit: Looked it up on the app.
B. Vance = Legendary Weapon (3-4 Weapon Parts) for 500 Glimmer
V. Quartermaster = Green Weapon (1, maybe 2 Weapon Parts) for 250 Glimmer

I was curious and experimented last night, the green guns the Vanguard sells, don't dismantle into weapon parts. Unless there are other ones other than the Vanguard pre-order pack I didnt see

X-Frame

It was the only Exotic he was missing for a long time. He had teased and hyped a mega post which would drop whenever he got it. It's been like 3 months and people nagging him for it has created a somewhat silly expectation which his post wouldn't be able to match so it's just become an inside joke in the community.

For reference, Todd had a similar situation with Heart of the Praxic Fire. Things got weird:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1000901&page=1

Hah!

The thunderlord was Drizz's white whale for a long time, when he finally got it we all expected this gigantic post to celebrate his new loot, that post never came :(

It has since been a long standing joke that one day this post will happen....

He wrote a glorious post on the Thunderlord that is hidden in one of the prior OTs. Zoba is going to unearth it for all to see...

Haha, thanks guys! And yeah I remember the HoPF with Todd back then as well.

deoee

I'm gonna try to start a raid today (I'm in Europe so let's say the timeframe begins 4 hours from now) for PS4 people.
Everyone's welcome.
And as I need all raids on all modes we can do multiple runs :)

But someone with much experience would be superduper because I have done the raids only once, so I do not know all the tricks and paths to take :S

And as this is the first time I've got multiple characters above/on 30, how does the multiple chest looting work?

Feel free to quote here or add me deoee0

1)deoee
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

WELL THAT DID NOT WORK ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Btw: Now I'm super hyped for the Thunderlord post :D

Lee

I was curious and experimented last night, the green guns the Vanguard sells, don't dismantle into weapon parts. Unless there are other ones other than the Vanguard pre-order pack I didnt see

Shoot. Brother Vance it is then man. Sorry!

Could have sworn I used the vanguard quartermaster in the past...

Top Bottom