• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Deku Tree

Bungie is leaving behind all exotics that strongly enabled cheese. MIDA made it trivial to cheese the abysss. Therefore MIDA is being left behind. I like my explanation better than the other arguments so far.

EDIT: Page Top:

9aWBt9g.gif

3772496+_b71221a83a2df0051cef74c7fd655965.gif

MrDaravon

WELL THAT DID NOT WORK ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Btw: Now I'm super hyped for the Thunderlord post :D

It's early Friday morning in the US, likely almost everyone posting right now is at work etc. You should have better luck later in the day. Also depending on what time you get going I can probably hop in for your runs, I haven't touched VoG on two of my characters this week, and I wouldn't mind one (or more) full Crota runs since I did DS + Crota x3 already this week but am trying to complete my raid gear collection so I need the armor pieces from the first two checkpoints on that.

Just looked to confirm on my Destiny App.

No Land Beyond is a Sniper Rifle with a perk in the first/default column that says "This is an exotic sniper rifle that can be equipped in the primary slot."

Vex and Universal Remote have no such perk, so they are obviously coded differently.

Despite this, only the Vex shows up on this image: http://i.imgur.com/Q2TCirG.jpg

Does anyone have a screen from the stream of the Collection 2 tab on this screen: http://i.imgur.com/QrHMgWu.png

ocean

Banned
Thorns overrated anyway
Yeah it's only a long range high RoF Hand Cannon which can kill in 2 headshots, blocks health regen with damage over time, and gives opponents a damage ticker which lets you track them around the map. No biggie.

I mean if only it had Final Round, then it'd be something. Or if reloading when you have a single bullet left made the first bullet of the next mag proc Final Round, letting you et a kill with 1 headshot + a body shot. That'd be a little broken for sure.

Lol this gun needs to die in a fire :p

noomi

The MIDA getting left behind hurts, just when scout rifles are going to get a buff in 2.0 it seems the MIDA would have been amazing to have in year 2.

Too bad :/

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Use a Void shotgun and your void subclass (unless you're a hunter).

Got a Techeun Force which was Solar so I reforged and its a Void now. That should help a little. Still got a sniper I can use but everything else is Solar and Arc. Void is the least type I got. Using Defender on Titan so that should help with the grenades.

Thorns overrated anyway

Just something to do for another Exotic. If I can get a primary I'll be able to get through the task in PVP pretty quick. Just the annoyance of no ammo and the maps I've been on were pretty tight so not ideal for sniping.

Everybody likes stats.

I'm curious about the activity stats.

Gaming thinks the thread count is inflated because of LFG and i'm going to disprove it.

Yikes. I'll crunch on Sunday, just give me an OT and I'll fill in the table for it. A 20,000 row long Excel sheet for a single of our 28 OTs.

Nami I'm gonna curse at you so hard.

That said, if any of our whiz programmers can come up with a parser to snag the fixed stuff (Poster, Date, Time) it'd make it a lot easier.

there's no rush, although it'd be nice to finish before 30. When i decided to do this, we were at OT18...

All you helping Zoba with his thing are insane.

I'm very interested and I'm going to help with this! Zoba, you're a little crazy but I like it. This stuff interests me to no end. Nami, I think we are all a little crazy but it's what makes us the way we are :p

I will work on a script to parse the data in each of the OTs. At the very least, it'll grab poster, time and date, and fill in day of the week. At best, although as Zoba said quite difficult, I can extend the program to grab key words. Some key words are static, like lfg or looking for, etc. I can try to do something fancy with one's I'm 100% sure versus key words that can mean multiple things and have to use manual judgement.

Regardless, I think the very minimal poster/time information that won't change will help alone and I'll work on that first.

Lee

Will Hadronic, Plasteel, Sapphire convert to Legendary Materials? Or are they also starting over with those, and we can only get them from dismantling year 2 gear? Or has it not been stated?

Ambitious

I'd be interested in a Red Bull code too. I'll pay, of course (PayPal).

Whenever I invest in knowledge behind something I'm doing it first and foremost for my own curiosity. This is nothing compared to what I did for Halo...

By the time I'm finished however they'll probably add matchmaking to the raids.

I see. That's cool. Actually, I do the same from time to time. Collecting data from messageboards or threads, usually via self-written web scrapers, in order to come up with interesting stats and charts. It can be fun.

LTWood12

Got a Techeun Force which was Solar so I reforged and its a Void now. That should help a little. Still got a sniper I can use but everything else is Solar and Arc. Void is the least type I got. Using Defender on Titan so that should help with the grenades.

Just something to do for another Exotic. If I can get a primary I'll be able to get through the task in PVP pretty quick. Just the annoyance of no ammo and the maps I've been on were pretty tight so not ideal for sniping.

Don't use a Fusion Rifle. Use a shotgun. Thank me later.

Navy Bean

The MIDA getting left behind hurts, just when scout rifles are going to get a buff in 2.0 it seems the MIDA would have been amazing to have in year 2.

Too bad :/

None of it matters if the NEW exotics are boss...but both TDB and HOW had terrible exotic weapons so I'm not holding my breadth.

LTWood12

Just looked to confirm on my Destiny App.

No Land Beyond is a Sniper Rifle with a perk in the first/default column that says "This is an exotic sniper rifle that can be equipped in the primary slot."

Vex and Universal Remote have no such perk, so they are obviously coded differently.

Despite this, only the Vex shows up on this image: http://i.imgur.com/Q2TCirG.jpg

Does anyone have a screen from the stream of the Collection 2 tab on this screen: http://i.imgur.com/QrHMgWu.png

Based on these screens, and Kor's theory or the ordering, we can confirm that at most, only one of the year one fusion rifles (Plan C, Pocket Infinity, QBB) will make the jump.

i'll fly to Bellvue and stand outside Bungie's studio holding a giant thank you sign if they're bold enough to completely nerf/retire the "cheese" from year one. Thorn, Ram, Final Round, all the OP shotguns, Blink, etc.

TLW being upgradeable means they finally fixed the weapon. This thing should never have been a long ranged 0.2 second killing machine, but it better damn well be the best hip fire gun in the game.

This picture shows us ordering for Special and heavy

http://i.imgur.com/YnwZiXQ.png

Special order is Fusions-Shotgun-Sidearm-Sniper
Heavy order is Machine-Rocket

Something to consider about this image though http://i.imgur.com/QrHMgWu.png is that we don't know what an exotic sword could do to this.

I had assumed Plan C, not EDGY enough for PI

Plan C is so squared off though. Would surprise me if they would redo it to such a degree.

ObiDin

This Thorn bounty can go and fuck itself. Gonna have to do some Raids until I get a Void primary. Trying to scavenge ammo for a sniper then get kills with it is lame.

I finally got my Thorn a few nights ago. It took me like 2 hours to get to and kill Xyor. Forgot to buy more heavy weapon ammos before going in and Ice Breaker takes forever.

Love Thorn though, wish I would have completed it earlier if it's going to be crap after TTK launches.

Deku Tree

Well IMO there is going to be at least one exotic heavy fusion cannon, and also an exotic heavy sword... because you have to have at least one exotic weapon of each weapons class... So that leaves room for only one additional exotic heavy weapon out of the five boxes in the blueprints.... it'll probably also be either another fusion cannon or a sword. I'm hoping for a sword.

My conclusion is that Thunderlord and Truth are the only two exotic heavies that survived year one. So then Dragons Breath is out. And we already knew that GHorn and SGA were out.

LTWood12

Something to consider about this image though http://i.imgur.com/QrHMgWu.png is that we don't know what an exotic sword could do to this.

Plan C is so squared off though. Would surprise me if they would redo it to such a degree.

I don't think an exotic sword throws a wrench in it really. If anything that lone exotic in the year 2 special weapon second row could be a blade.

I'm very interested and I'm going to help with this! Zoba, you're a little crazy but I like it. This stuff interests me to no end. Nami, I think we are all a little crazy but it's what makes us the way we are :p

I will work on a script to parse the data in each of the OTs. At the very least, it'll grab poster, time and date, and fill in day of the week. At best, although as Zoba said quite difficult, I can extend the program to grab key words. Some key words are static, like lfg or looking for, etc. I can try to do something fancy with one's I'm 100% sure versus key words that can mean multiple things and have to use manual judgement.

Regardless, I think the very minimal poster/time information that won't change will help alone and I'll work on that first.

That would be awesome. It's already sounding more exciting as a group effort than a madman's pet project.

wierd that NLB and Remote shows up in the Special section but vex doesnt.

Nuszka

Personally I'm pretty happy of some weapons staying behind, i just could see the new raid being done with a 6 team using ghorns, the game needs some change. We do not know for 100% if a weaker horn will still be viable.
On other note what kept me intrigued was that in the e3 trailer they used a last word in pve , is there a chance that the new word would be useful in this type of environment ? That would be a nice change.

Btw i hope to finish work early today so i en get some of the trials action.
Im just gonna bet here for giggles : asylum
Runs away.....

Don't know if this has been mentioned already. But has anyone thought about the trophy implications of the shift to legendary marks. As it stands you can get a trophy for maxing out your crucible and vanguard marks. This will not be possible shortly. Will the trophy be reworked? Or will new destiny players be forever unable to achieve guardian Lord

LTWood12

Only got Invective and Hard Luck Charm which are both Solar. I could reforge the Charm. Got plenty of Motes and Glimmer.

I used a green shotgun I bought from the gunsmith to complete the bounty back in October. It's crucible, so it doesn't have to be a legendary to be viable.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Reforged the Charm and it gave me Void with grave robber so thats a win. Would still like Atheon's Epilogue.

Shotguns dont need elements to be effective.
They still wreck no matter if its the element you need or not.

Doing the bounty for Thorn though. Requires 100 kills with Void.

Personally I'm pretty happy of some weapons staying behind, i just could see the new raid being done with a 6 team using ghorns, the game needs some change. We do not know for 100% if a weaker horn will still be viable.
On other note what kept me intrigued was that in the e3 trailer they used a last word in pve , is there a chance that the new word would be useful in this type of environment ? That would be a nice change.

Btw i hope to finish work early today so i en get some of the trials action.
Im just gonna bet here for giggles : asylum
Runs away.....

so do we know for sure that damage is based on average light and not attack value? because you could be fully equipped with high level gear and a low level Ghorn and it will still be pretty boss for a while. dat average!

Top Bottom