• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

rNilla

rodiard, I think you may have a problem.

Kor's the hero we need.

Izfioyh.png

wierd that NLB and Remote shows up in the Special section but vex doesnt.

No Land Beyond has a unique perk in it's first/default column that states "This exotic sniper rifle can be equipped in the Primary slot."

Vex doesn't have such a thing.

Basically Vex is hard coded in the background somewhere to be a primary weapon (this is probably why Vex kept getting accidentally nerfed with all other Fusion Rifle/Special weapon changes).

Meanwhile, No Land Beyond is just a regularly secondary weapon that has a special perk built on it to defer it to the primary slot.

LTWood12

Well IMO there is going to be at least one exotic heavy fusion cannon, and also an exotic heavy sword... because you have to have at least one exotic weapon of each weapons class... So that leaves room for only one additional exotic heavy weapon out of the five boxes in the blueprints.... it'll probably also be either another fusion cannon or a sword. I'm hoping for a sword.

My conclusion is that Thunderlord and Truth are the only two exotic heavies that survived year one. So then Dragons Breath is out. And we already knew that GHorn and SGA were out.

The Sleeper Simulant (Exotic Fusion Heavy Weapon) is pictured here, as a year 2 Special.
Q2TCirG.jpg

Doesn't look like it's taking up room for one of the year 2 exotic heavies (even though for practical purposes it is indeed a heavy.)

Ryck

The more time goes by the more I'm annoyed about our exotics not staying with us. Watching the stream they mention how they want us to grow attached to guns. After going through this process of building a collection only to have it "taken" away, I am way less likely to put in the same effort again knowing it's all going away on year 3 anyway...

The Sleeper Simulant (Exotic Fusion Heavy Weapon) is pictured here, as a year 2 Special.
Q2TCirG.jpg

Doesn't look like it's taking up room for one of the year 2 exotic heavies (even though for practical purposes it is indeed a heavy.)

Chances are it was coded the same way No Land Beyond was.

Like I said here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176117132&postcount=9052

It probably has a perk in it's default tree that says, "This Exotic Fusion Rifle can be equipped in the Heavy Weapon Slot."

How is it we know mida is left behind?

We don't, we're trying to figure out Bungie's logic for the way this page is displayed. If it's true that the 4 seperate primary weapons on the right are brand new Year 2 exotics, then there appears to be no space for MIDA, as it would have to be to the right of the new Red Death.

God forbid they did that to make the Vex not work with the fusion rifle bounties.

UGH. the bounty goes from 45 second completion to 2-5 minute completion.
but the bounty might not even show up anymore in year 2. looks like they retooled alot of bounties.

looks like I dont need my story mission CPs anymore. those were so easy and quick.

Lnkn52

Q2TCirG.jpg

It's a secondary (special).

GutZ31

Q2TCirG.jpg

Good find.
Yeah, we know the Sleeper is a heavy, and seeing it in that picture in the special slot kind of throws everything for a loop.

It IS a special in that its a fusion rifle, but we know its a heavy dammit.

LTWood12

Chances are it was coded the same way No Land Beyond was.

Like I said here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176117132&postcount=9052

It probably has a perk in it's default tree that says, "This Exotic Fusion Rifle can be equipped in the Heavy Weapon Slot."

It's a secondary (special).

For Grimoire purposes it's a secondary. But we'll equip it as a heavy. I was just pointing it out to Deku since he didn't seem to notice we already had a screenshot of it's placement in the blueprint 'vault.' I was clarifying that it wasn't taking up one of the 5 year-two heavy slots.

deoee

It's early Friday morning in the US, likely almost everyone posting right now is at work etc. You should have better luck later in the day. Also depending on what time you get going I can probably hop in for your runs, I haven't touched VoG on two of my characters this week, and I wouldn't mind one (or more) full Crota runs since I did DS + Crota x3 already this week but am trying to complete my raid gear collection so I need the armor pieces from the first two checkpoints on that.

Ok, cool . I know that Americans are at work now :D but there is enough eu guys here too :) I may add you then, when would you be available ca.?

RoKKeR

Thunderlord is bring brought to Year 2, correct? If so I'll probably pick it up because the only Heavy Exotic I have is the horn.

Deku Tree

For Grimoire purposes it's a secondary. But we'll equip it as a heavy. I was just pointing it out to Deku since he didn't seem to notice we already had a screenshot of it's placement in the blueprint 'vault.' I was clarifying that it wasn't taking up one of the 5 year-two heavy slots.

That box in the secondary slot doesn't really look like the sleeper stimulant to me but I'm probably wrong.

Hmm... I found a "pattern" to the exotic layout, but I'm not sure I'm happy with it.

This rule set works as far as I can tell, but it doesn't really make sense that it would be used so far. Let me know if anyone can disprove it so I can move on to something else.

DLC1 Exotics - Alphabetical
DLC2 Exotics - Alphabetical
Vanilla Exotics - Alphabetical
PSN Exclusives - Alphabetical

I don't like that DLC1 is before DLC2, doesn't quite make sense to me, but it fits. Also, I am now apparently Dr. House.

Treat with Skepticism and give the patient a higher resolution to work with. See if he starts telling us what he knows, or if he's going to keep lying to us.

Nuszka

so do we know for sure that damage is based on average light and not attack value? because you could be fully equipped with high level gear and a low level Ghorn and it will still be pretty boss for a while. dat average!

Yeah, hope that is the case. G horn being good enough for mid to higher tier activities, but for the end game stuff you need to be maxed out. But then again if a new exotic comes up that is as good as horn, we will have the same story repeat itself again with posts of:"need a titan with an exotic xy only". I think they should just make sure that every exotic piece of gear or weapon is good and useful.

Yeah, hope that is the case. G horn being good enough for mid to higher tier activities, but for the end game stuff you need to be maxed out. But then again if a new exotic comes up that is as good as horn, we will have the same story repeat itself again with posts of:"need a titan with an exotic xy only". I think they should just make sure that every exotic piece of gear or weapon is good and useful.

This isnt the end for year one exotics

Count on it

Deku Tree

Ok I'm wrong.

It looks like all weapons in the Blueprint are organized by weapon type and not by the slot into which they are equipped. Sleeper Stimulant, Universal Remote, NLB are all in the special location even though the first is equipped as a heavy and the second and third are equipped as primaries.

Let's all hope for a Heavy Weapon Exotic Sword that is equipped in the Primary Slot!

All this speculation is infuriating:d

Why don't they just put out a list of what's going forward now, in the future and never ffs

Bungie likes their secrets, but the community is thirsty for information because of how much we love it. It's an uphill battle for them.

But also...tell us Bungie :p

the list probably isn't final yet.

I'd like to think it's final as of now. Chances are the build we saw in the stream was final or close to final.

The small clip we saw in the teaser has differences, and thus was probably an earlier build.

Bad Juju having the same thumbnail would suggest it's the older build.

Top Bottom