• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

MrDaravon

He deoee sorry I'm back, had to run a quick errand and get some lunch. I'm totally down, thanks for saving my spot on there lol. PSN: MrDaravon

Edit: Oh god top of page I'm not good at this fuck it I'm out

8gHfryV.gif

sjay1994

You know... now that I have a solid internet connection

I want to try trials tonight after work. I have been wanting that Osiris gear for the longest time, but because of how bad my internet used to be, I never bothered.

Can anyone give me some tips/ loadouts that are ideal for trials?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I did my Thorn bounty with a random blue fusion rifle with a super fast charge speed. Granted fusion rifles suck now but you don't have to limit yourself to legendary/exotic guns, if that helps.

I think I actually did it in Rumble. Target rich environment and I find it somewhat less likely that I'll get killed by bad spawning/chain supers. Most of my bad Crucible rounds are due to shit like that, like it'll respawn the entire enemy team at my position or respawn me in front of them. Or GOLDEN GUN respawn GOLDEN GUN respawn NOVA BOMB respawn FIST OF HAVOC. I just don't let it get to me because those really bad rounds are rare and I usually go positive.

I'll try Fushion as well because even though I was getting kills with the shotty I was usually too close to another enemy so I was killed right away. I enjoyed the Fushions before but I'll try them anyway.

Vetro, get in on this raid group thats forming. trust me, you need the WoC

I'm on XB1 sadly. If I was on PS4 I'd jump in. :(

deoee

He deoee sorry I'm back, had to run a quick errand and get some lunch. I'm totally down, thanks for saving my spot on there lol. PSN: MrDaravon
Great! No sweat, hope lunch was great :3

1)deoee
2)HTVfanatic
3)MrDaravon
4)GutZ31
5)Tecnniqe
6)

ONE MORE HYPE!!!!

Is start in 45 mins ok for you guys (Crota NM/HM)? (7:30PM GMT+2)

MrDaravon

Great! No sweat, hope lunch was great :3

1)deoee
2)HTVfanatic
3)MrDaravon
4)GutZ31
5)Tecnniqe
6)

ONE MORE HYPE!!!!

Is start in 45 mins ok for you guys (Crota NM/HM)? (7:30PM GMT+2)

Yeah that's fine for me, I should be around all day regardless. Finally getting around to leveling up this Husk so I can use this Crux I've been sitting on for a bit.

j-wood

You looking at playing on PS4 or Xbox One? If you're looking at the superior console experience, my gamertag is Trip Like I Do and I'll be playing a lot this weekend
joking, joking
. Also, which part of CO are you from man? I live and work in Denver.

Oh sweet! I'm in the springs. Playing on PS4, my PSN is j-wood.

Only 32 atm the moment, but usually roll with suros in PVP. I got fang from crota yesterday, and tried it in crucible, but I just don't do as well with a non auto rifle.

Still digging. I've gone full on white board over here.

Something I noticed in the teaser video is this shot:

For a very brief moment, you see both that new fusion rifle and the 4th horseman lit up. But when 4th horsemen is acquired it and the new fusion rifle become grayed out.

I believe this is because the 4th horseman was the last weapon this person could hold. As in their inventory is now full. This makes sense because the simulant being an actual "Heavy" weapon would cause it to not gray out.

Edit: Also, I have two theories about the seperation of primaries right now. The 1st is that the 4 sepeartes are actually for elemental primaries by themselves. However this causes problems with placement for the 2 new Scout Rifles we know are coming.

The second theory involves this specific screen: http://i.imgur.com/QrHMgWu.png

Mainly, I'm thinking that how the old Year 1 exotics are grayed out at the bottom, so are their blueprint counterparts. Obviously we know there is a new Monte Carlo, but we don't get to see the Year 2 thumbnail unless the user has a year 1 monte carlo. Thus, I'm suspicious that the year 2 blue prints don't actually show up AT ALL, until the weapons have been found. This might also tie into the first theory, as the 2 remaining spaces could fit the 2 new scout rifles that don't have elements on them.

2nd Edit: Scratch that. doesn't make sense. The other screenshot proves that wrong.

Lee

Oh sweet! I'm in the springs. Playing on PS4, my PSN is j-wood.

Only 32 atm the moment, but usually roll with suros in PVP. I got fang from crota yesterday, and tried it in crucible, but I just don't do as well with a non auto rifle.

Shoot man. Xbox One here. Saw both in your profile but oh well.

Springs is a nice town. Little brother went to the Academy so we've been there quite a bit.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Almost finished with vanguard on Titan. Still have hunter and warlock to go. Not even close to crucible marks on any characters. It's going to be a long repetitive weekend and my gf may yell at me, but goddamn someone's gotta farm these marks.

lol I got my worst Nightfall haul in while. A legendary engram that turned into an Amplified-Geo, 10 Strange Coins and a Give/Take Equation. Good thing I'm not really in it for the loot anymore. :p

Mmm. Anybody is playing today? I'm starting to wonder if everybody is taking an spiritual break or something before TTK. Right now my living room is out of order. No couches, loads of crap, rolls of insultation everywhere., but I could bring the PS4 to the 23" 2009 screen in my home office.

sjay1994

Almost finished with vanguard on Titan. Still have hunter and warlock to go. Not even close to crucible marks on any characters. It's going to be a long repetitive weekend and my gf may yell at me, but goddamn someone's gotta farm these marks.

I am the complete opposite. I enjoy crucible, and I max out on marks in around 1-2 days per character.

Vangaurd on the other hand is a slog. I find strikes asides from nightfalls really boring.

Lee

You know... now that I have a solid internet connection

I want to try trials tonight after work. I have been wanting that Osiris gear for the longest time, but because of how bad my internet used to be, I never bothered.

Can anyone give me some tips/ loadouts that are ideal for trials?

Primary: Thorn, TLW, Hawkmoon, Messenger, Hopscotch, Red Death
Secondary: High Impact Sniper or High Impact/High Range Shotgun
Heavy: High Blast Radius/High Velocity Rocket with Horsies and Nades

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Destiny having issues?
I've been disconnected four times in the last 15 minutes.
Weasel
Baboon
Etc

Edit: make that five times. Weasel again.

It seems my luck has run out with exotic engrams. I nabbed the new exotic pieces rather easily in the past while my friends wasted so many motes of lights trying to get them. I realized the other day I needed the Voidfang Vestments to complete my exotic armor collection and figured I had good odds seeing how the Warlock has the most chest pieces.. I was wrong. I've been at it for 30 minutes or more now and still no luck.

lol I got my worst Nightfall haul in while. A legendary engram that turned into an Amplified-Geo, 10 Strange Coins and a Give/Take Equation. Good thing I'm not really in it for the loot anymore. :p

I came in and literally when I pressed join and it connected, it showed bounties being completed but the reward screen was blank. Sorry for the Exotic steal but 10 strange coins > 1 exotic shard :p

I did 1 Chest Engram when you left to try to get HoPF again, but out came Starfire Protocol. Saving the rest of my motes for TTK instead.

So earning Legendary marks is only via:

Weekly Heroic. Once per week.
Daily Strikes. Once per day
Daily PVP. Once per day
Quests.
Sharding legendary items.

Anything I missed?

This kind of sucks. Will be hard to earn the marks fast as now.

LTWood12

Mainly, I'm thinking that how the old Year 1 exotics are grayed out at the bottom, so are their blueprint counterparts. Obviously we know there is a new Monte Carlo, but we don't get to see the Year 2 thumbnail unless the user has a year 1 monte carlo. Thus, I'm suspicious that the year 2 blue prints don't actually show up AT ALL, until the weapons have been found. This might also tie into the first theory, as the 2 remaining spaces could fit the 2 new scout rifles that don't have elements on them.

2nd Edit: Scratch that. doesn't make sense. The other screenshot proves that wrong.

You have to have the year one version to see a thumbnail of the year 2 version.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I am the complete opposite. I enjoy crucible, and I max out on marks in around 1-2 days per character.

Vangaurd on the other hand is a slog. I find strikes asides from nightfalls really boring.
I'm beginning to like crucible a lot but I feel like vanguard marks are much easier to max out albeit more repetitive. I mix it up by using guns I wouldn't normally use in serious modes. For instance I never use scout rifles and I was running around with that and lord of wolves yesterday. It was pretty fun and helped to break the monotony that you usually experience with strikes.

Namikaze1

Daily PVP. Once per day
Quests.

Anything I missed?

Vanguard Ursa and possibly Vanguard Marmoset

I came in and literally when I pressed join and it connected, it showed bounties being completed but the reward screen was blank. Sorry for the Exotic steal but 10 strange coins > 1 exotic shard :p

I did 1 Chest Engram when you left to try to get HoPF again, but out came Starfire Protocol. Saving the rest of my motes for TTK instead.

Yeah, 30 strange coins would have been better than the legendaries for sure. I'm just gonna save stuff until TTK now. All stocked up on planetary mats, too. ;)

I've been playing Destiny since the alpha, and have logged over 250 hours in the actual game. I was knee deep in this game, but then some personal stuff happened (divorce...). That was around when Hard mode Crota hit. So, not only have I not done hard Crota, but I also haven't done any House of Wolves content. I bought HoW last week and am making my way through the new missions, but I have some questions:

1. What exactly are Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris? I know that they are PvE and PvP respectively, but I know nothing about how to get rewards and the basic structure of these activities.

2. Will the Taken King physical release have an actual disc or will it be Base Game + TTK download code?

3. I have the disc for the base game, if I get the Digital CE for TTK that comes with the base game will everything operate just like it does from the disc or will getting the digital version of the case hand create a separate icon?

Thanks for any help you guys could give me. I really want to get back into DGAF, I've missed it!

Edit:

Oh!

4. Is the Hakke Arsenal pack the same as the Vanguard one?

5. Is there a Omolon (sp?) Arsenal Pack?

Deku Tree

Daily PVP. Once per day
Quests.

Anything I missed?

GI article said Vanguard Ursa gives Legendary Marks. Deej seemed to contradict th GI article. Things could have changed. GI could have gotten it wrong, or maybe Deej got it wrong. Currently it's unclear.

But for Bungie to say "there is no cap on earning legendary marks" as they did would be very misleading of there is an effective weekly cap.

sjay1994

I have all those exotics you listed
I have two Party Crashers with shot package and high range
I have Ash Factory with high velocity and G&S

Thats ok?

Mupod

Is the high impact sniper recommendation due to revive overshields? I got Her Benevolence last night but was wondering why I'd use it over, I dunno, Praedyth's Revenge.

I need to spend a night just sniping to try and re-awaken my ability to use those guns. I had mixed results with shotguns in Trials.

You have to have the year one version to see a thumbnail of the year 2 version.

Something still isn't right.

This picture shows Bad Juju as the last weapon. http://i.imgur.com/K0Aa19O.jpg

Mark Noseworthy in that recent Game Informer interview flat out says there is a level 40 version of Bad Juju. This picture shows a Year 1 Bad Juju, bu tno Red Death.

Yet this picture shows the last weapon as Red Death: http://i.imgur.com/QrHMgWu.png
This picture has a Year 1 Red Death, but no Bad Juju.

Okay wait, I'm dumb and apparently stating the obvious.

Top Bottom