• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

eZRdg7Z.png

K01S48H.png

edit: beaten by deku. that's what I get for screencapping.

Lee

Is the high impact sniper recommendation due to revive overshields? I got Her Benevolence last night but was wondering why I'd use it over, I dunno, Praedyth's Revenge.

I need to spend a night just sniping to try and re-awaken my ability to use those guns. I had mixed results with shotguns in Trials.

Mostly revive overshields, but really any overshields. Force Barrier, Flame Shield, Bladedancers - all go down with one headshot from high impact snipers, not true for Praedyth's. PR is good, though, and you won't need to worry about ammo as much, so feel free to use that. I used to, but after re-rolling a Her Benevolence and using that I won't go back.

I've been playing Destiny since the alpha, and have logged over 250 hours in the actual game. I was knee deep in this game, but then some personal stuff happened (divorce...). That was around when Hard mode Crota hit. So, not only have I not done hard Crota, but I also haven't done any House of Wolves content. I bought HoW last week and am making my way through the new missions, but I have some questions:

1. What exactly are Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris? I know that they are PvE and PvP respectively, but I know nothing about how to get rewards and the basic structure of these activities.

Thanks for any help you guys could give me. I really want to get back into DGAF, I've missed it!
Prison of Elders is a 5 round arena activity that you get rewards for after beating all 5. Poe 28 is very easy an has matchmaking. Then it goes 32 and 34 and Skolas the main boss in Poe. Different bosses for each enemy race that is randomly chosen each week.

At the end of the 5 rounds there are three chest to open. Two with small rewards and a big chest that you need a treasure key to open(it has the best rewards). You can get keys by doing bounties for the Queens wrath faction.

Hope that helps a little.

Prison of Elders is a 5 round arena activity that you get rewards for after beating all 5. Poe 28 is very easy an has matchmaking. Then it goes 32 and 34 and Skolas the main boss in Poe. Different bosses for each enemy race that is randomly chosen each week.

At the end of the 5 rounds there are three chest to open. Two with small rewards and a big chest that you need a treasure key to open(it has the best rewards). You can get keys by doing bounties for the Queens wrath faction.

Hope that helps a little.

So PoE and ToO gave their own Weapons and Armor sets, correct?

Lee

Thats good to know. I will try to find a group on GAF after work who are willing to take me in. Not looking for flawless, I just want to play and try trials.

Any gear specifications?

Is a ramlock with two pieces ofthe PoE gear and crota's end boots ok?

Yeah, definitely. Ram is great. Be 34 and have some intellect as supers can be clutch and getting them early often makes a big difference.

Gear isn't as crucial as guns, in my opinion. Also, don't be afraid to use radiant skin. With the meta being high impact snipers and shotguns, self res is usually the first think people expect from sunsingers and everyone is ready to counter it.

So PoE and ToO gave their own Weapons and Armor sets, correct?
Yes, forgot to mention that in PoE 32 you get an armor core that you can exchange with Variks in the reef for a max light piece of armor. PoE 34 gives a weapon core that you can exchange.

ToO has its own sets and weapons as well.

Theorry

For someone named Destin I'm disappointed he doesn't actually know what he's talking about regarding Destiny.

:/

Because he is the definition of casual. Those fireteam podcasts are horrible. The only one that is a decent player and knows something is Alfredo. But he is not always there.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ugh non-stop connection issues. My game is broken.
Skolas is pissed that I murdered him last night and now he won't let me do patrols on Venus.

Need 1 more for Trials (on ps4, I think?)
1) Me
2) AQ706
3)

Trials has never been so dead on reset before. It's going away in a couple of weeks!

deoee

Great! No sweat, hope lunch was great :3

1)deoee
2)HTVfanatic
3)MrDaravon
4)GutZ31
5)Tecnniqe
6)

ONE MORE HYPE!!!!

Is start in 45 mins ok for you guys (Crota NM/HM)? (7:30PM GMT+2)

Sending FR now and inviting soon.
What is your PSN Tecnniqe?

Juraash

I find it somewhat humorous how Bungie can manage to divulge all sorts of interesting info, most of it good. And yet still manage to not say enough that it creates panic in the community. I have to imagine, that despite what has been said, most activities that grant marks now will grant marks going forward. Seems so silly that they would introduce all these great new options to get gear, remove the weekly earning cap and then severly hamstring how you get them.

I dunno, I'm not freaking out but I wish they'd just spill full, consice details, good or bad. You would think that after a year + of player feedback (if you count from the alpha) plus dozens of cumulative years of MMO development elsewhere, they'd know how to do this shit.

sjay1994

Yeah, definitely. Ram is great. Be 34 and have some intellect as supers can be clutch and getting them early often makes a big difference.

Gear isn't as crucial as guns, in my opinion. Also, don't be afraid to use radiant skin. With the meta being high impact snipers and shotguns, self res is usually the first think people expect from sunsingers and everyone is ready to counter it.

With my 34 gear, my intellect is 139. Also, that is a pretty good idea with radiant skin. Radiance seems more like a safety net, and since people expect it popping it when enemies are probably camping your body is probably not going to work out in the end

sjay1994

Wut?
Material exchange (speaker) is totally different from cashing in marks (vendors).

And if he is talking about cashing in marks for planet materials then what is his opinion based on?

I'm guessing he is basing this on the removal of vanguard/crucible marks as well as the fact ghost shells now locate materials in patrol.

I hope he is super wrong. I do not want to go back to the days of running in circles looking for materials so I can level my stuff up.

X-Frame

So earning Legendary marks is only via:

Weekly Heroic. Once per week.
Daily Strikes. Once per day
Daily PVP. Once per day
Quests.
Sharding legendary items.

Anything I missed?

This kind of sucks. Will be hard to earn the marks fast as now.

Bungie specifically confirmed that no marks come from repeating Strikes or Crucible?

Lee

Every twitch streamer uses blink to cover ground at the start of the match, but no one uses the triple blink trick. Is that considered cheating? Or are they just not aware of it?

Top Bottom