• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Is it even worth it to try Skolas this week? Spent hours on him Sunday night and had to go to bed after many close attempts. Still trying to get my triumph.

darthbob

Bungie specifically confirmed that no marks come from repeating Strikes or Crucible?

They haven't specifically confirmed hardly anything.

Intentionally keeping things vague is typical in game development because communities like GAF will analyze every. single. word. you say and pick it apart and then hold you to a promise, and when things change (as they often do in dev) it's reeeeeeally hard to take those ideas back.

sjay1994

I am excited for light = level to go away. My titan won't look like Greek Optimus Prime anymore.

1lEAWB9.jpg

EloquentM

aka Mannny
They haven't specifically confirmed hardly anything.

Intentionally keeping things vague is typical in game development because communities like GAF will analyze every. single. word. you say and pick it apart and then hold you to a promise, and when things change (as they often do in dev) it's reeeeeeally hard to take those ideas back.
I like you.

Hold primary, blink, switch to secondary, blink, switch to primary, blink. No delay at all and it's super easy.

switch weapons while blinking and you will be able to do a third blink.

If you swap weapons during the blink animation you can blink, land, blink, land, and then blink a third time without the cooldown.

LOL! Had no idea. Totally not OP or anything

Mupod

Is it even worth it to try Skolas this week? Spent hours on him Sunday night and had to go to bed after many close attempts. Still trying to get my triumph.

We had a heartbreaking 10% wipe due to sword captain one-shots but last night we cleared it with two first-timers (self included). Took a few hours though. I'm kinda interested to try this fight next week with hopefully less irritating modifiers.

Hold primary, blink, switch to secondary, blink, switch to primary, blink. No delay at all and it's super easy.

does it apply to warlocks? I've never gotten it to work.

Alright, here is what I've come up with

Lets use this image as a template:
This is the most recent image we've seen, thus we can assume it is the most accurate.

The problem is trying to find a pattern where I now believe there is almost non.

Before I thought that Bungie would easily just take the pattern from below of "AR-HC-PR-SC-Other" and copy paste it above, but I no longer believe that to be the case.

I feel very confident in the idea that the 4 seperate primary exotics are for elemental primary exotics. I can think of no other reason to separate the weapons like that. Specials and Heavies almost always have elements attached to them, so it makes sense for them to NOT have this segregation.

So the problem comes in with Scout Rifles. I feel I can safely say that MIDA is not coming back. My reasons are thus: We know of 2 new scout rifles that don't have any element attached to them. Jade Rabbit and 347 Vesta. Despite the Year 2 primaries not following the same order as the Year 1 Primaries, I believe the weapon types will still be put next to each other. Existing screenshots would suggest this is the case.

So this means that the UI guy was just lazy and moved the Scout Rifles either before the ARs or between the ARs and HCs. In either scenario, there is exactly 2 spaces there to fill, so this fits. I'm leaning on the idea that they actually come before the ARs because ARs and HCs are more favored and enjoyed, and Scout Rifles have seen very little attention from Bungie in the past. Thus I think if the Scout Rifles are in the front, that leaves space for 2 more ARs or HCs.

I think the Red Death replacing the Bad Juju was just a UI error from before that was corrected. I think Bad Juju is supposed to sit to the left of Red Death as it does at the bottom, and this was improperly placed in the build that was used in the teaser. Explain it's placement on this image: http://i.imgur.com/K0Aa19O.jpg

This leaves me with the following idea:
2UmumdC.png

This means the two unknown slots could be just about anything. The left unknown could be a elemental Scout or AR, and the right unknown could be an elemental AR, HC or Pulse.

Edit: I have my Jade Rabbit and Vesta flipped. Should be 347 Vesta First and then Jade Rabbit since Jade is the PSN exclusive.

Jeez, its hard not to be skeptical about all these new changes when we got everything we wanted in HoW. I was really excited for HoW, until I played it. just goes to show you, you dont always want what you think you want. maybe its just me, but etheric light and re-rolling took alot of the fun and excitement out of getting new loot in a game thats all about loot

Jeez, its hard not to be skeptical about all these new changes when we got everything we wanted in HoW. I was really excited for HoW, until I played it. just goes to show you, you dont always want what you think you want. maybe its just me, but etheric light and re-rolling took alot of the fun and excitement out of getting new loot in a game thats all about loot

I hate what rerolling did to the game. I'd love to see it gone forever.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
But ironically rerolls make things LESS like a dice roll if you have a large amount of mats to get the right rolls. Yes that breaks the balance of the meta game, but I can't live without my ads lower spread perk for party crasher ={

X-Frame

I'm glad they got rid of it too, and now there is more ways to get Legendaries (Arms Day, Weekly PvP), but I also would like to see the drop rate of Legendary engrams be increased in the wild. I haven't had a Legendary engrams drop in like 6 months, not an exaggeration either.

darthbob

Reforging was an interesting idea, but when there's a specific set of perks for a specific gun that is better than anything else in it's class, reforging is now a draining, unfun, activity.

Also, it didn't help that most of the new loot in HoW was crappier than what we already had. The PoE and Queen gear was not really all that great, and the Trials gear (while actually good) is inaccessible to a lot of players.

zewone

Yep.

Couldn't agree more. Bungie should stop listening to us and just do what's right for the game.

But ironically rerolls make things LESS like a dice roll if you have a large amount of mats to get the right rolls. Yes that breaks the balance of the meta game, but I can't live without my ads lower spread perk for party crasher ={

The problem comes from too many bad perks and not enough weapons that had static perks.

If more weapons had static perks then more weapons would be sought after. Instead, people found the 1 gun with the best base stats, and then rerolled the shit out of it to min/max to perfection.

Rerolling sucks. Keep faction weapons as the mediocre trash (with very few exceptions) they always have been so people don't have to chase the best rolls through packages. IB weapons should be rerollable so they can be the best (or close to the best) respective PvP choices. It's one of the few aspects of the game Bungie has taken huge steps back in. Imo, it was much a better system pre-HoW, Felwinter's excluded.

nOoblet16

Cauldron is actually ok despite it having a lot of annoyance like automatic doors, too much geometry obscuring stuff and ramps but it's ok...primarily because it's a hard map to play and quite unpredictable.

Pantheon on the other hand is a very predictable and boring map, there are only two things you can do when playing on that map and flanking is impossible due to how long, narrow and straight the corridors are which means enemy can see you coming from a mile away. The only other map with such limited play is Thieves Den.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The problem comes from too many bad perks and not enough weapons that had static perks.

If more weapons had static perks then more weapons would be sought after. Instead, people found the 1 gun with the best base stats, and then rerolled the shit out of it to min/max to perfection.
Yup but that's the risk you take in adding new features to any meta in a game. What they need to do is get rid of game breaking guns altogether or give us a larger amount of game breaking guns. that way we have options and no one load out is better than the other because everything is normalized. Lol essentially just balance the game as best you can.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I told you all not to worry about crucible q. Master not having mats cause they never showed the hanger npcs during stream. Chill out fellow tin foil hat guardians.

Deku Tree

knowsworthy: For the collectors out there: In 2.0/TTK players can still find Year 1 exotics from Year 1 activities with exotic drops.

Well there it is... So year 2 exotics only drop from year 2 activities.

Cronen

I verified my email address last Friday on bungie.net. Still haven't got my 9 strange coins :(.

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Top Bottom