• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Klyka

Banned
What do I need to run Skolas?

It's the only thing left for me for the triumphs.

I'm lvl 34, would anyone like to pop my Skolas cherry?

I'll be online on PS4 now. Klyka1

deadduck

I love using the Necrochasm.

The best bit about the weapon is members of the other team leaving after you kill them. New record: 4

Ambitious

I'd keep Secret Handshake as a great solar Shotgun for PvE (it's great against Cabal), since the higher RoF is super useful when swarmed by enemies.

For PvP, you really wanna get a Matador 64 (highest impact/range) or Party Crasher + 1 (less impact but fires faster). Then again, with the upcoming changes its hard to say which shotgun archetype will work best post 2.0. Hard to say. Today? Matador and PC+1 are by far the best, but a bit to slow for my taste in PvE.

I'm not sure if you stopped playing before the PvE shotgun patch but they wreck soooo hard. Best defense against majors. That secret handshake looks fantastic for that.

Edit: I think that's an LDR I see up there on your inventory? If so, cherish that and never let go. Still King if you got good sights/perks.

Secret Handshake with Hammer Forged is beastly in PVE. I have an Arc one that slaps Captains in the face.

Thanks, you two. I dismantled the HC (I have a second one anyway).

@ocean
Yes, that's an LDR. The Vendor one, as far as I remember. It's part of my standard loadout (Fang, LDR, Gjallarhorn). Great weapon.

ocean

Banned

34 is he only indispensable factor. Things that can help though:

Prison of Elders armor with fallen buff. Helmet significantly improves your Recovery and Super cooldown; chest gives you armor and quicker grenades; boots make you run faster.

365 weapons. A good Arc shotgun like Found Verdict is a godsend on rounds 4, 5 and Skolas himself.

Gjallarhorn because it's a little OP

Drizz on your team because he's very OP

Guys. Protip. Start hoarding motes of light. When Xur comes the first week of Taken King buy a bunch of engrams and try to get new armor or at least some shards to upgrade stuff.

X-Frame

Guys. Protip. Start hoarding motes of light. When Xur comes the first week of Taken King buy a bunch of engrams and try to get new armor or at least some shards to upgrade stuff.

Crap, I just spent like 150 motes in the last 2 weeks on the Speaker's class items because I've been wanting them for a year. Oh well.

I can still convert a ton of shards to motes.

Wynnebeck

Banned

I have to beat Skolas and find the rest of these damn golden chests. Any good online guides to help me finish these triumphs up?

Virdix

Ive been going back and forth on just converting all my old raid materials into motes or saving them in case i need glimmer.

todd360

I thought of that as well. I'm past 400 motes now. That should guarantee me at least one new piece of armor. Never know though. RNG gonna RNG.

I thought of that as well. I'm past 400 motes now. That should guarantee me at least one new piece of armor. Never know though. RNG gonna RNG.

You are doing much better than me lol. I'm at 120ish, but I won't be spending any more till TTK. You're right about RNG though. I'll end up with 20 glasshouses and one new exotic probably.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Any Xbox one players who haven't been to lighthouse? Add me.

Another Rumble win. Hopefully I will get 100 win before TTK but then I will still have Salvage to do. Max grimoire should reward a prize

JayHayabusa

Since I am in waiting mode for Taken King (gotten all exotic armor and weapons in the game + all legendary raid weapons + gear), spent time this weekend collecting all dead ghosts.

Did Bungie comment on the third ghost in the reef that is bugged?

I watched Unstable try to use it in Trials.

His team lost. :p

Greg's Promise is the worst exotic weapon in the game. It feels like it fires imaginary bullets. I never understand how they don't actually hit the enemy.

So upgraded that horn and gave it a spin last night in PoE 35 and I'm honestly not sure why people needed it so badly to beat content. I ended up relying on my primary and secondaries just as much as always. It obviously does some great damage but two rockets of any other decent launcher are equivalent and I've never spammed rockets before and don't really need to now. It eats wizards alive but I'll still take truth over it for minotaurs and a good shotty against captains any day.

GHorn has never been needed for anything but it's also not accurate to downplay how much of an outlier it is. I've always wanted to add up how many WP round hit markers there are but it's hard to keep track of them all frankly. The WP tracking also means they consistently do damage unlike Cluster bombs which miss quite often unless the target is stationary. One Horn does more damage to Minotaurs than a Truth even with the Void shield.

There's always been backlash against GHorn, especially by people who didn't have one or resented feeling like they "had" to use it all the time. We've been having the same conversation about Hezens Vengeance, Hunger of Crota, Truth, Dragon's Breath and every other exotic weapon or rocket launcher since week 2. Of course player skill is the most important factor but GH is a huge outlier, both for DPS and the ease of applying that DPS.

Only BHam can achieve or exceed its DPS but it's much more situationally limited. With GH, I can jump all around the Skolas arena firing off shots in a split second that will track their target and do full damage. I've done plenty of Skolas Schools where I had the only Horn but I'm always relieved when at least one other person has it. I've never required it for any activity but it's also the only PvE weapon that makes such a noticeable difference.

There is no rule about backing out of a crucible mode right? Especially Rumble, if I know I'm about to get destroyed I rather not waste 10 minutes.

There is no rule about backing out of a crucible mode right? Especially Rumble, if I know I'm about to get destroyed I rather not waste 10 minutes.

Well, if you don't want to get better, yeah, just back out.

You'd be surprised how much you improve playing against (and, to a lesser extent, with) better players.

Top Bottom