• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

What is considered the best legendary fusion rifle right now?

PvP

None of the above. Seriously.

Give/Take Equation (Vangaurd vendor) or Snakebite Surgeon (Dragon Strike playlist, PoE 28) with accelerated coils are the best high impact FRs due to their stability. Peruns Fire (Iron Banner) or Exiles Curse (Trials) are the best low impact FRs and therefore might survive the TTK weapon balances better than the high impact FRs.

But none of them are good. Good players can do well with them but that doesn't make them good.

todd360

None of the above. Seriously.

Give/Take Equation (Vangaurd vendor) or Snakebite Surgeon (Dragon Strike playlist, PoE 28) with accelerated coils are the best high impact FRs due to their stability. Peruns Fire (Iron Banner) or Exiles Curse (Trials) are the best low impact FRs and therefore might survive the TTK weapon balances better than the high impact FRs.

But none of them are good. Good players can do well with them but that doesn't make them good.

Oh, so no OP fusion rifles. Oh well. Back to matador.

Mupod

8 wins on my first Trials passage, got 2 Etheric Lights and a Scholar. I'm 34 now, not sure what to use the Lights on...thinking Found Verdict for one. Now I can try 34 PoE later.

Thanks Inapplicable and everyone else who helped.

Well, if you don't want to get better, yeah, just back out.

You'd be surprised how much you improve playing against (and, to a lesser extent, with) better players.

I would say I can hold my own, been to Mercury multiple times. I don't really care for my K/D so I have fun but I'm grinding grimoire so I don't want to waste time.

Unless you ragequit 20 matches in a row? No.

historically they've only cared if you do it habitually

Meh I probably back out one every three games when I just see a bad connection, kill feeding, or just not worth getting too sweaty.

8 wins on my first Trials passage, got 2 Etheric Lights and a Scholar. I'm 34 now, not sure what to use the Lights on...thinking Found Verdict for one. Now I can try 34 PoE later.

Definitely Found Verdict if you want to do PoE, especially for PoE 35.

I miss fusion rifles. It was nice having something other than shotgun or sniper. Hopefully they become competitive again in TTK.

Yeah me too, they were very fun and actually unique. It's kinda stupid to be a futuristic space magic Guardian using hand cannons and shotguns and machine guns. FRs were the only sci-fi weapon class.

I would say I can hold my own, been to Mercury multiple times. I don't really care for my K/D so I have fun but I'm grinding grimoire so I don't want to waste time.

Didn't say you couldn't. But I'm sure you would agree you could get better, no? Didn't mean to make you defensive over you abilities, just trying to give a helpful hint.

Didn't say you couldn't. But I'm sure you would agree you could get better, no? Didn't mean to make you defensive over you abilities, just trying to give a helpful hint.

I didn't take it as offense lol sorry if it came off that way. I just wanted to point out I'm not doing crucible to actually play competitively--I just want some grimoire.

--

Bungie I will back out every time you put me in a game where someone has points already. Fix this.

Yeah me too, they were very fun and actually unique. It's kinda stupid to be a futuristic space magic Guardian using hand cannons and shotguns and machine guns. FRs were the only sci-fi weapon class.

Yeah, hopefully at some point they introduce more crazy futuristic weapon types. I'm not sure what they could be but I want them anyways.

Not a problem, I tried to help as best as I can. There are plenty here that could have done a better job.

Ascend Found Verdict ASAP, best PvE shotgun.

Seconding this.

Found Veredict is IMO the best PvE shotgun.

Invective actually, IMHO, is the best PvE and PvP shotgun if you're unable to guarantee that one hit kill with a slow firing high impact shotgun.

It's been more effective for me and I can't explain why. The ammo regen sure doesn't hurt either.

Mupod

Need to get a bunch of Public Events for Grimoire. Is destinypublicevents still reliable?

has been reliable for me.

Also I just noticed this Scholar rolled the same perks as my old Timur's Lash which I liked for PVE. I'll roll with it for a while.

lt519

GHorn has never been needed for anything but it's also not accurate to downplay how much of an outlier it is. I've always wanted to add up how many WP round hit markers there are but it's hard to keep track of them all frankly. The WP tracking also means they consistently do damage unlike Cluster bombs which miss quite often unless the target is stationary. One Horn does more damage to Minotaurs than a Truth even with the Void shield.

There's always been backlash against GHorn, especially by people who didn't have one or resented feeling like they "had" to use it all the time. We've been having the same conversation about Hezens Vengeance, Hunger of Crota, Truth, Dragon's Breath and every other exotic weapon or rocket launcher since week 2. Of course player skill is the most important factor but GH is a huge outlier, both for DPS and the ease of applying that DPS.

Only BHam can achieve or exceed its DPS but it's much more situationally limited. With GH, I can jump all around the Skolas arena firing off shots in a split second that will track their target and do full damage. I've done plenty of Skolas Schools where I had the only Horn but I'm always relieved when at least one other person has it. I've never required it for any activity but it's also the only PvE weapon that makes such a noticeable difference.

Oh don't get me wrong, not denying that it does waaaay more damage than anything else out there. I said in my post it takes two rockets of any other launcher to match it. It has it's utilities against bosses, especially when HM Crota was such a buggy mess, and it's definitely an easy button (like you said hitting targets with it is as simple as jumping and shooting in their general vicinity).

Just now that I've used it I don't see how people were levying it as a requirement against other people on LFG. Nobody every did that here, which was great since I never had one, but after using it I just don't see how people could have seen it as being a requirement for any fight. I did use it on the Vex round in PoE 35 instead of Truth this time around and it just didn't really make much of a difference to me. It probably does do more damage, but not really enough that a Truth or Corrective Measure couldn't handle without putting yourself in danger.

It just wasn't this massive revelation I was expecting it to be from all the hype. I pretty much approach all the content the same still.

I've taken 33s through Skolas several times, including today. It doesn't make much difference on the weeks with the easier modifiers. I would say, though, that you should learn the mechanics and paths of the fight by watching videos if you're that serious about tackling the hardest endgame before 34.

A 33 who knows what to do is going to be easier to carry compared to a 34 who has never seen the fight.

Invective actually, IMHO, is the best PvE and PvP shotgun if you're unable to guarantee that one hit kill with a slow firing high impact shotgun.

It's been more effective for me and I can't explain why. The ammo regen sure doesn't hurt either.
Problem is it's an exotic. There's better weapons to use that exotic slot for. Both in pvp and pve.

Namikaze1

deoee

I've taken 33s through Skolas several times, including today. It doesn't make much difference on the weeks with the easier modifiers. I would say, though, that you should learn the mechanics and paths of the fight by watching videos if you're that serious about tackling the hardest endgame before 34.

A 33 who knows what to do is going to be easier to carry compared to a 34 who has never seen the fight.

But even for us as 33 , PoE 34 was a pain in the ass when we did it.
I can't even imagine how hard 35 has to be then?
I mean, you take massive damage and do so little...

Problem is it's an exotic. There's better weapons to use that exotic slot for. Both in pvp and pve.

I would normally agree if pulse rifles weren't actually viable now. Hopscotch and invective is a pretty decent combo. But yeah, if you've just gotta use an exotic hand cannon as your primary then it's not an option.

FMfJ0G3.gif

mxMXkFi.gif
I'm done.
Just throw me in the grave.

Top Bottom