• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Mupod

I'll be trying some casual trials this weekend, I need the practice. I want to be the shotgun guy but I am no Tears so I should probably learn how to snipe again. I was expecting to spend more time this week getting Skolas dead than I did so I'm ahead of schedule.

Would still really like to bang out Crota HM tonight though. I don't even care much about the year one stuff I just want to be able to say that I've done everything. Hopefully the treasure chests aren't too bad...good luck to me remembering which chests I opened last October.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll preface this with I'm not actually concerned about the changes at this time. I enjoy Destiny for what it is, I ordered the expansion and nothing confirmed or speculated makes me second guess that choice. I'm 100% not angry or worried about TTK. I probably should have made that more clear. My intent was merely that better communication tends to make for a healthier community.

I also wasn't really arguing that Bungie had MMO dev experience, even with Destiny.

That said, Destiny functions like an MMO in several ways, or at least as a Diablo-like. And they have a wealth of experience from other people to tap into with regards to this.

Blizzard, as an example, will post huge, pages long patch notes for major patches or expansions. It's prefaced with the fact that literally everything is subject to change but they update those notes as they make changes. They'll also, usually at least, voice their justification for major changes regardless of whether or not they are popular.

They don't need to be 100% transparent and it isn't even about the whether it impacts sales or benefits Bungie in a major way. It's about building a good relationship with your playbase. I don't expect Blizzard level change logs, but be thorough about what info you do put out and make it clear that it isn't final.
Diablo-like indeed, not an MMO ;) My apologies as I wasn't ultimately speaking to you in particular about TTK, so much as any "individual player."

And Blizzard is textbook hard evidence of what I was getting at, not a contrasting example. They post multi-page patch notes, well in advance of pushing them live, and give much more insight into their internal justifications... and subsets of their massive communities still riot and whinge and whine and second-guess and insult and so on and so forth in response. It's an inevitability.
This shit. This shit right here.

Everyone needs to stop guessing. It's getting really annoying.
But I heard if we guess everything correctly ahead of time, everyone gets cookies!

I love cookies.

I'll be trying some casual trials this weekend, I need the practice. I want to be the shotgun guy but I am no Tears so I should probably learn how to snipe again. I was expecting to spend more time this week getting Skolas dead than I did so I'm ahead of schedule.

Would still really like to bang out Crota HM tonight though. I don't even care much about the year one stuff I just want to be able to say that I've done everything. Hopefully the treasure chests aren't too bad...good luck to me remembering which chests I opened last October.

just do them all. it takes 5 min tops to get the chests on each planet.

God, playing this in my old computer screen is depressing. Colours are all wrong and HDMI output is not as crisp as in my beloved TV. Can't wait to clean and assemble the new couch tomorrow.

I'm trying to fill the experience for the Husk of The Pit. Any hive kill is worth or should I aim for specific types of enemies? I've been going to the Temple of Crota in patrol mode, but maybe a hive themed story mission would work better.

Juraash

Diablo-like indeed, not an MMO ;) My apologies as I wasn't ultimately speaking to you in particular about TTK, so much as any "individual player."

And Blizzard is textbook hard evidence of what I was getting at, not a contrasting example. They post multi-page patch notes, well in advance of pushing them life, and give much more insight into their internal justifications... and subsets of their massive communities still riot and whinge and whine and second-guess and insult and so on and so forth in response. It's an inevitability.

Fair point, people will lose their minds regardless. So in that sense you are right that it really doesn't matter how Bungie handles it as people will riot regardless. I like the openess of Blizzard's methods and don't lose my mind if they make changes I'm not fond of, but I'm not representative of the whole community by any stretch.

So...yeah, you're totally right. I think it would be nice if they were a bit more up front. But the only thing that would change is which groups get riled up.

shenze

Banned
can anyone help me get to mercury in trials? i've been trying to for the last three weeks but I just cant get to the lighthouse. someone please help change this. PSN:eek:ptimus8936

God, playing this in my old computer screen is depressing. Colours are all wrong and HDMI output is not as crisp as in my beloved TV. Can't wait to clean and assemble the new couch tomorrow.

I'm trying to fill the experience for the Husk of The Pit. Any hive kill is worth or should I aim for specific types of enemies? I've been going to the Temple of Crota in patrol mode, but maybe a hive themed story mission would work better.

the woken the hive mission is probably the best. The dark beyond I think its called. do it on level 9. kill all the hive but dont kill the knight. let the knight kill you to respawn. takes about 15 minutes

E92 M3

Wake up the hive

Cozmo
‏@Cozmo23
@DestinLegarie @TheCryptarch Marks to Material exchanges will still be available on the Vanguard Quartermaster.

I assume everyone is already caught up on this?

sick of handcannons, want to use auto rifles again

Still sick of Auto Rifles, want Scout Rifles to have their turn.

1okHh4Y.gif

Cozmo
‏@Cozmo23
@DestinLegarie @TheCryptarch Marks to Material exchanges will still be available on the Vanguard Quartermaster.

I assume everyone is already caught up on this?

I'm assuming most won't opt to do those exchanges when our only form of currency is legendary and you need it for pretty much everything else of consequence. 10 Legendary marks will mean a whole lot more than 10 Vanguard or Crucible ones mean now.

Top Bottom