• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

I've been playing Destiny since the alpha, and have logged over 250 hours in the actual game. I was knee deep in this game, but then some personal stuff happened (divorce...). That was around when Hard mode Crota hit. So, not only have I not done hard Crota, but I also haven't done any House of Wolves content. I bought HoW last week and am making my way through the new missions, but I have some questions:

1. What exactly are Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris? I know that they are PvE and PvP respectively, but I know nothing about how to get rewards and the basic structure of these activities.

2. Will the Taken King physical release have an actual disc or will it be Base Game + TTK download code?

3. I have the disc for the base game, if I get the Digital CE for TTK that comes with the base game will everything operate just like it does from the disc or will getting the digital version of the case hand create a separate icon?

Thanks for any help you guys could give me. I really want to get back into DGAF, I've missed it!

Edit:

Oh!

4. Is the Hakke Arsenal pack the same as the Vanguard one?

5. Is there a Omolon (sp?) Arsenal Pack?

Quoting myself for new page. I'm pretty much up to speed on PoE, but still kind of need some clarification on the rest.

deoee

CM9QNHeWcAA7tEG.jpg:large

Got that for being the real MVP!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Quoting myself for new page. I'm pretty much up to speed on PoE, but still kind of need some clarification on the rest.
Trials of Osiris is an elimination match PvP mode, where players can be immediately revived by other players, but once the full team is dead the round is over. 5 rounds wins the match. After winning certain thresholds of rounds, rewards are unlocked at Brother Vance in the Reef. With 9 wins in a row without a loss (note: there are some purchasable buffs that makes this more along the lines of 7 wins in a row with one loss in there somewhere) you get to a special location called The Lighthouse and some good loot.

The TTK physical edition better have a disc, I'll be pretty pissed if it doesn't. I don't really have answers to the rest :(

Something I thought was interesting during my exotic weapon research.

Nechrochasm has 172 ATK in TTK. Compared to the 160 that all other Year 1 exotics were moved down to.

Probably safe to Assume Vex is 166 ATK.

Man Bungie, you know how to lure people back.

Looks like the core members of my raid team are shifting to PS4, myself included. I wasn't keen on starting over but since the whole game gets revamped it's not a bad thing. Only going to stick with one class though, I need to make up my mind fast. It'll probably be Titan. It has the most useful supers and boosts.

Hunter used to be my favorite, stealth and knife tossing and the cool cloaks, blade dancer dominating in crucible, even Golden Gun is still useful in PVP, but nothing beats Titan's Fist of Havoc.

I wanted to like Warlock, I really did but I felt like I was playing a slow, wet noodle with awful boosts. Sun singer revives were crazy useful, but that means you couldn't use your super at all, especially in nightfalls where a run of bad luck could make you start all over. The void super was pretty cool, it's great in PVP if you catch guardians off guard as long as you stay away from the blast. I'll say this though, Warlocks would look cool with a long coat and the TTK swords.

Namikaze1

Damn. That was an easy Rumble win. Mad that I lost the first game. Was leading all the way to the end. Lost by 2 kills all because my controller died.

Trials of Osiris is an elimination match PvP mode, where players can be immediately revived by other players, but once the full team is dead the round is over. 5 rounds wins the match. After winning certain thresholds of rounds, rewards are unlocked at Brother Vance in the Reef. With 9 wins in a row without a loss (note: there are some purchasable buffs that makes this more along the lines of 7 wins in a row with one loss in there somewhere) you get to a special location called The Lighthouse and some good loot.

The TTK physical edition better have a disc, I'll be pretty pissed if it doesn't. I don't really have answers to the rest :(

TTK physical is base game + download codes for the expansions & TTK

Deku Tree

All Disk editions of TTK come with a Vanilla Destiny Disk and codes to download everything else. It's written on B.net somewhere but I don't have a link at the moment.

I've been playing Destiny since the alpha, and have logged over 250 hours in the actual game. I was knee deep in this game, but then some personal stuff happened (divorce...). That was around when Hard mode Crota hit. So, not only have I not done hard Crota, but I also haven't done any House of Wolves content. I bought HoW last week and am making my way through the new missions, but I have some questions:

1. What exactly are Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris? I know that they are PvE and PvP respectively, but I know nothing about how to get rewards and the basic structure of these activities.

2. Will the Taken King physical release have an actual disc or will it be Base Game + TTK download code?

3. I have the disc for the base game, if I get the Digital CE for TTK that comes with the base game will everything operate just like it does from the disc or will getting the digital version of the case hand create a separate icon?

Thanks for any help you guys could give me. I really want to get back into DGAF, I've missed it!

Edit:

Oh!

4. Is the Hakke Arsenal pack the same as the Vanguard one?

5. Is there a Omolon (sp?) Arsenal Pack?

3. I expect it to operate as just one. No reason to think otherwise. It is an add on to the same game.

All other questions: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13343

ocean

Banned
Omfg the raaaage

Finished PoE 32 with Ambitious. It was laggy as hell which made me die to teleporting enemies but we got it done. Juuuuust as we kill the boss: kicked to main menu.

No rewards for me.

Ugh so pissed

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Save this post y'all. Come taken King, by the end of Wednesday on 09/16/2015 11:59 PM (since I have work and stuff) I pledge myself to getting 2/3 characters to level 40. It's happening

Deku Tree

Omfg the raaaage

Finished PoE 32 with Ambitious. It was laggy as hell which made me die to teleporting enemies but we got it done. Juuuuust as we kill the boss: kicked to main menu.

No rewards for me.

Ugh so pissed

If you were in a party chat, or even if you weren't, your team mates could have wiped still.

If your whole party is still in the boss room, even if the boss is dead, you can kill yourself somehow and wipe and start the boss fight over. In that case you could have re-entered the PoE 32 and finished with them.

EDIT: sometimes if people don't now that though when it all happens too fast that is hard to pull off. Good thing is that it only takes a 30 minutes or so to do a PoE 32.

Top Bottom