• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

deoee

I got your back!

All the skulls mean we... had so much fun our heads exploded!
NEW PAGE
SleepyGoodnaturedEkaltadeta.gif

E92 M3

There is not enough hype that Bung consolidated the telemetries into 3 simple items: Primary, Special and Heavy. Perfect solution for inventory management. Now if only I could convert all of my old ones.

neoism

Well they're both CMs, as is Urk.

I like to think that DeeJ is their boss and he cracks the whip.

nah urks been their forever.. i thought he moved up.. deej not sure but i dont think he has been their that long .. few years.. urk was their at the begining of h3.

We matched up against guys with high K/Ds and they came to the stream saying "we are going to win fool". We won 5-4 and they came back for the GGs :)

Navy Bean

There is not enough hype that Bung consolidated the telemetries into 3 simple items: Primary, Special and Heavy. Perfect solution for inventory management. Now if only I could convert all of my old ones.
Is this true? Would be great if so. We're gonna have a ton of stuff to level...

To me it makes more sense if Y2 Exotics drop from Y1 & Y2 activities, but Y1 Exotics only drop from Y1 activities

Since the raids will be frozen in time so to speak. there ill be the only place you can get ear one exotics at there year one level. Keeps the old raids relevent. NFs, new raid should drop new exotics and year 2 versions of tear 1 exotics.
speculation, most likely the case thuogh

E92 M3

Is this true? Would be great if so. We're gonna have a ton of stuff to level...

Wait what? They did??

Yeah through various analysis videos, you can see the gunsmith only has 3 telemetries. One for each weapon section.

I literally don't know what the hell Urk does at Bungie, I just like to think that for whatever reason DeeJ is his boss lol

100% sure that Deej is not Urk's boss.

Homeboyd

I literally don't know what the hell Urk does at Bungie, I just like to think that for whatever reason DeeJ is his boss lol
Lol I hear you. P sure urk is corporate, director of comm. mgmt. or something. Hadn't seen him around here since deej took his old job.

Urk post if ur ok

Juraash

For the record, I don't think Bungie has any MMO development experience and that includes up to this very day. Regardless, what you're actually acknowledging is a basic inevitability, not unique to bungie or any specific type of detail, but common to any game with a playerbase exceeding a certain size.

Ultimately, for the people to whom they are truly beholden as a business the barometer for whether or not they "know how to do this shit" will be their sales receipts. If the people who sign the checks are happy, then they do, regardless of what the community commentary is at the time. If they aren't, then they don't, even if the community purports to be completely happy with 101% of the changes and communications about them.

I understand the desire to completely maximize efficiency and know everything beforehand for headstart purposes and be able to do everything as quickly and completely as possible from minute one without having to figure anything out as you go. I really do get that, even if from my lonely perspective it feels like a joyless exercise. And I get that the populist solution is "just give it!" with regard to every single detail necessary to parse out whether each and every change is good or bad before getting your hands on them.

But the cold reality is it actually matters very little to Bungie if we know everything know or an hour after release. They've seen little evidence to support the thesis that it would dramatically help them out to get beyond the surface level details in their communications. If this reality makes you feel like you want to not buy The Taken King or cancel your preorder, then that's good. That's how it has to work. That's the strong signal you can send that they aren't providing adequate value to their customers and need to understand a dramatic change in communication practices.

None of this is to say that they can't do better. Of course they can. It just might not feel like as pressing a matter to them as you might think. So it's true, we don't know what the ultimate acquisition rate of Legendary Marks will be when all is said and done. We don't know what the rate needs to be to keep pace with the purchasing needs of the hardcore player, the average player, the median player. We don't know how the new planetary materials economy will shake out. We don't know what activities old or new will be viable, valuable, or required. We don't know which guns from our old stash are coming forward now, we don't know which are coming forward later if ever. We don't know if PvP players will be at a large profit disadvantage or how functional any year 1 piece of gear will or won't be in new content. We don't know all kinds of shit.

That's just how it goes. And more importantly, there will always be things that you, the individual player, don't like. Acquisition rates that aren't fast enough for you, drop rates that seem way too low, progression requirements that seem too burdensome, whole activities, pieces of content or even entire modes that you don't like. Even if Bungie handed out every single byte of information as far in advance as technically possible, some substantial subset of players would be unhappy. So it goes.

I'll preface this with I'm not actually concerned about the changes at this time. I enjoy Destiny for what it is, I ordered the expansion and nothing confirmed or speculated makes me second guess that choice. I'm 100% not angry or worried about TTK. I probably should have made that more clear. My intent was merely that better communication tends to make for a healthier community.

I also wasn't really arguing that Bungie had MMO dev experience, even with Destiny.

That said, Destiny functions like an MMO in several ways, or at least as a Diablo-like. And they have a wealth of experience from other people to tap into with regards to this.

Blizzard, as an example, will post huge, pages long patch notes for major patches or expansions. It's prefaced with the fact that literally everything is subject to change but they update those notes as they make changes. They'll also, usually at least, voice their justification for major changes regardless of whether or not they are popular.

They don't need to be 100% transparent and it isn't even about the whether it impacts sales or benefits Bungie in a major way. It's about building a good relationship with your playbase. I don't expect Blizzard level change logs, but be thorough about what info you do put out and make it clear that it isn't final.

oooooh, didnt notice this. thats actually pretty sweet

Lee

can you go into trials solo? if so, I might just run there and lose over and over to try and get that shader and cloak. and the ship.

100 glimmer for 3 matches, not bad

No, but destinylfg.net has a section for Trials - Casual, where you can find a group who won't rage on you for not having perfect stats/guns/gear.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I have a limitless love for all things emphasizing inventory simplicity in destiny items/currencies.

The problem comes from too many bad perks and not enough weapons that had static perks.

If more weapons had static perks then more weapons would be sought after. Instead, people found the 1 gun with the best base stats, and then rerolled the shit out of it to min/max to perfection.

Maybe a Diablo 3 style reroll only one perk (perk column)?

No, but destinylfg.net has a section for Trials - Casual, where you can find a group who won't rage on you for not having perfect stats/guns/gear.

there are plenty of average PVPers right here that dont care about it. if I want to get to Murcury, ill employ the dutch wrecking balls!

They haven't specifically confirmed hardly anything.

Intentionally keeping things vague is typical in game development because communities like GAF will analyze every. single. word. you say and pick it apart and then hold you to a promise, and when things change (as they often do in dev) it's reeeeeeally hard to take those ideas back.

This shit. This shit right here.

Everyone needs to stop guessing. It's getting really annoying.

Top Bottom