• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

lt519

OK I guess I'll look for these stupid chests.

Enjoy your level 9 fusion rifle and 5 spinmetal when you find them!

Edit: old school top of page first Crota HM kill last second save

FewNarrowIrishdraughthorse.gif

Namikaze1

Fucking hell. Ended up against two fireteams in rumble. One team consisted of a level 10 and 18. The other a 34 and 32. The latter was cheating, letting one kill the other for points. The former played it normally. It was my last match for the bounty and it had to be on Pantheon. Still won though.

Kyne

I may have finished all my triumphs but I still have some regrets.

I've never

A. Played through all of Crotas End
B. Gotten all the way to Mercury

Kinda sad, especially because I'm a pretty avid pvper.

lt519

I've never

Ask Rubenov and Wicked they'll take ya to Mercury. Crota one is easy, groups forming all the time, hell we did it three times last night. I'll do that with you next week. Takes 30 minutes max with a decent group.

Juraash

Question for those who have done way more PoE than I. If I've completed say the lvl 32 version for the week, I can run it again and open the large chest with a key for random stuff right? I just won't get the guaranteed items one would get when running for the first time that week. Is my thinking on this correct?

Ambitious

No worries man. Thanks a million for helping me carry the kid. I'll have to bail on the 34 tho I can't play when I'm upset like this

That's fine. I've been there; I know that feeling.

Question for those who have done way more PoE than I. If I've completed say the lvl 32 version for the week, I can run it again and open the large chest with a key for random stuff right? I just won't get the guaranteed items one would get when running for the first time that week. Is my thinking on this correct?

That's right. You can open the three chests every single time you complete it (on any difficulty). Only the guaranteed rewards (Armor Core, Weapon Core, Etheric Light) are limited to one drop per week per difficulty.

noomi

Went into trials as a level 28 warlock.... actually killed people, gloves drop.... ascend them, get boots from 5 wins. Warlock is level 32.

Just need a helm and BOOM, 34 ;)

ocean

Banned
You can open the treasure chest as many times as you have keys for it.

PoE 28 has matchmaking so you can just use that if you wanna use a key. Her Benevolence thirst is real :)

This is correct, but using a key on the 32 or 28 chests is not worth it imo because you won't get a chance for the new exotic bounties. Those pop on 34 and 35

Deku Tree

So people are saying that if you want to grind for the DO shaders then you should be sure to have all the DO emblems in your inventory before TTK.

Right now you can buy the emblems, but after TTK it looks like you can't buy them anymore. The Faction emblems also appear to be the same, no change.

And people think the emblems will be taken out of the "smart loot table" just like shaders once you have them in your inventory.

So buy all the emblems that you want right now, and hold on to them, and then people think that they wont show up in your faction packages after TTK. So more room and greater chance for shaders to show up in your packages.

Owensboro

I've never

I'm in the same boat for Mercury. Tried to do trials once and just got STOMPED, kind of to the point it left a bad taste in my mouth.

If you're looking for a Crota run at any point let me know. I'd love you with it if I had free time. I really like that Raid (even though most people seem to hate it).

So people are saying that if you want to grind for the DO shaders then you should be sure to have all the DO emblems in your inventory before TTK.

Right now you can buy the emblems, but after TTK it looks like you can't buy them anymore. The Faction emblems also appear to be the same, no change.

And people think the emblems will be taken out of the "smart loot table" just like shaders once you have them in your inventory.

So buy all the emblems that you want right now, and hold on to them, and then people think that they wont show up in your faction packages after TTK. So more room and greater chance for shaders to show up in your packages.

Meh Fuck that. As if I have the Vault Space just laying around as it is.

Seen and done pretty much everything in Destiny, collected all the gear, achievements, etc...

Even got some neat personal achievements done like flawless solo a raid.

But I've never been to the Lighthouse. Even though I'm not terrible at the pvp, I have nobody to play with. I just don't ever see myself going there.

Which is too bad because I've done and collected everything else.

Deku Tree

Seen and done pretty much everything in Destiny, collected all the gear, achievements, etc...

But I've never been to the Lighthouse. Even though I'm not terrible at the pvp, I have nobody to play with. I just don't ever see myself going there.

Eh, post in this thread "anyone for trials, I'm looking to go to Mercury, I'm not terrible at the pvp". It work for a lot of other people.

ocean

Banned
I'm in the same boat for Mercury. Tried to do trials once and just got STOMPED, kind of to the point it left a bad taste in my mouth.

If you're looking for a Crota run at any point let me know. I'd love you with it if I had free time. I really like that Raid (even though most people seem to hate it).
Hate is a strong word :p

I think it just disappointed after VoG. Bridge is still genius and on par with anything else in the game at least. Abyss could have used some secrets. I feel it was missing a Templar: a big boss before the main one which involved some mechanics. They totally wasted the opportunity to use the Vestiges they introduced in the Story missions - I'd have liked to see a boss that used them liberally to keep the team moving. Deathsinger as a Gatekeepers equivalent (same room as final boss, familiar but buffed enemy class, feeling of urgency to do it quickly) could have been way more interesting with fewer Sword Knights and more Wizards on your ass, and with some mechanic (sword, a bridge, vestige, a chalice buff, anything).

Hall between bridge and final room could have been much more. It was basically a cramped, well-lit, super short Abyss encore, when it could have been a damn minefield of interesting obstacles to overcome.

I don't think they failed so much as they tried something very different. Hive being savage and legion, contrasted to the mechanical, complex tactics of the Vex.

I like it, but other than Bridge it just feels like something between a suped up Strike and a toned down Raid.

Frostburn

Same boat, I am not HORRIBLE at PVP but I wouldn't say I'm very good either. I don't need a full carry just some help from decent to good PVPers.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Super exciting 24 hours of destiny for me!
First I take down Skolas last night for the first time and then today.....

I leveled up Dead Orbit and got a mote of light, a strange coin and a new chest piece for my Warlock.
Ok I guess. That's pretty normal. I know this feeling.
I leave and go do some more bounties and come back to the tower and check the postmaster.
AND!!!

Revenant!!!!

I didn't even notice it when I opened my Dead Orbit package. There is already a bunch of stuff at my postmaster so it just blended in.

Gordon

This is correct, but using a key on the 32 or 28 chests is not worth it imo because you won't get a chance for the new exotic bounties. Those pop on 34 and 35
That's kinda hinging on the new exotics being worth having. Honestly they're more of a gimp to your player having them equipped imo. It is kinda fun emptying Dreg's Promise to no effect really really fast though.

lt519

I like it, but other than Bridge it just feels like something between a suped up Strike and a toned down Raid.

Agreed but I don't think I ever had more fun in a game than running the Abyss section for the first time. Trying to figure out where to go, people falling in holes, trying to keep everyone moving and alive, and finally making it across the bridge myself as the last one standing as the onslaught of enemies kept coming and we died one by one holding them off (this was before rock was found). Running that blind was one of my fondest gaming memories. The raid had a lot of great set pieces as opposed to VoG that had a lot of cool mechanics. The last stand in the Abyss, being the Swordbearer and dropping Crota, killing Deathsinger with a second to spare, figuring out the Bridge and holding off the Ogres. It was glorious the first time through then it lost its novelty. VoG felt like you were searching for something. CE felt like you were storming the gates of hell.

Rubenov

So many people here haven't been to Mercury.

Wicked where you at?, let's take these folks there.

Add me: Rubenov25 (mention GAF in the friend request)

Top Bottom