• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Falifax

My KDR has gone up dramatically since I started using sniper rifle. I'm tempted to reforge this Her Benevolence into a god roll now. Someone convince me not to waste my mats!

IT'S SO GOOD

Don't have a handy gif so here, KNEEL

Solar_Titan_Sunbreaker.JPG

My KDR has gone up dramatically since I started using sniper rifle. I'm tempted to reforge this Her Benevolence into a god roll now. Someone convince me not to waste my mats!

Don't waste your mats. Taken King is 3 weeks away. Keep you Her Benevolence and roll it if there isn't anything better in Taken King.

ocean

Banned
So people are saying that if you want to grind for the DO shaders then you should be sure to have all the DO emblems in your inventory before TTK.

Right now you can buy the emblems, but after TTK it looks like you can't buy them anymore. The Faction emblems also appear to be the same, no change.

And people think the emblems will be taken out of the "smart loot table" just like shaders once you have them in your inventory.

So buy all the emblems that you want right now, and hold on to them, and then people think that they wont show up in your faction packages after TTK. So more room and greater chance for shaders to show up in your packages.

I doubt this will work, but it's worth a shot :p

pls

So conflicted!

Falifax is right. It's the best PvP sniper in the game in my opinion, especially with a god tier roll. It's just that in my opinion you're better off waiting and finding a new rifle to fall in love with that will be viable in IB and Trials, not to mention PvE.

Falifax

pls

So conflicted!

I mean yeah, if you want to use it strictly for crucible and you're good on materials, do it.

Try and go for a couple of rolls and if you don't happen to get one, just wait till TTK with the possibility of getting a better rifle.

Or just say fuck it and go harvest some fools with the Blackhammer.

sjay1994

I have no idea how to use sniper rifles in crucible. I keep getting blown the fuck up whenever I try to use them, and my accuracy with them isn't good

I'll just stick to shotguns then

giphy.gif

Damn, is is just me or Xur will sell exactly the same exotic I was so happy that dropped for me a few days ago?
In any case, I'm kinda glad this time I have everything except for that ugly titan helmet. I need to stock on Exotic Shards.

Husk of the pit upgrade unlocked, just need an Embalming Orb... which can be purchased at Bane of Crota Rank 3. Damn.

Kyoufu

Okay, decided to reforge.

After 4 attempts, got this:

Hawkeye SLR15 /Longview SLR20 /Ambush SLH25
Hidden Hand
Unflinching

is this a keeper?

Axoman

i'm still convinced that the quality of opponents on XB1 is higher, but Koro and Taeshik make everything look easy.

I always seem to miss out on Mercury runs... when do the XB1 superstars usually run Trials?

They are tougher on XB1.

I think most carries happen Monday night.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Just finished watching that Vertigo map walkthrough on GameInformer. Map looks hella fun, but really small. Shotguns are going to rule those inner corridors.

So many people here haven't been to Mercury.

Wicked where you at?, let's take these folks there.

Add me: Rubenov25 (mention GAF in the friend request)

Forgot to mention my psn kortez1981. you accepted the request so I'll be waiting patiently for my turn. thanks in advance.

Mupod

Reforged again and got:

Shortgaze
Hidden Hand
Snapshot/Custom Optics/Rifled Barrel
Unflinching

I want to keep this one but I feel like I need extra stability from the middle row.

shit man I rerolled mine like 11 times last night and didn't even get hidden hand once.

Axoman

It would be fun if DestinyTracker could tell you the average k/d on each platform. And other statistics like that.

That would be cool.

While I think that there are great players on both platforms, I feel the median skill on XB1 is higher than PS4 and I've read and heard from non-elite players that play on both say it's tougher on XB1 than PS4.

If you're a great player though, it doesn't matter the system, you'll still do great. Unstable is a perfect example of that.

Eh, post in this thread "anyone for trials, I'm looking to go to Mercury, I'm not terrible at the pvp". It work for a lot of other people.

Another big issue is that I am a Xbox One player and 99.99% of posters here are on PS4.

Maybe one day I'll get there with a group, but it's prob just not in my deck of cards.

zewone

Reforged again and got:

Shortgaze
Hidden Hand
Snapshot/Custom Optics/Rifled Barrel
Unflinching

I want to keep this one but I feel like I need extra stability from the middle row.

Keep that and run Snapshot.

Stability is only needed for weak, quick snipers that are trying to double body shot.

So I wanted to talk about the swords in Destiny a little bit as well.

fclInz9.jpg

We already know Swords belong in the Heavy slot, so lets talk about the unknowns.

• Speed - A stat that is likely associated with the literaly animation time of the sword being swung.
  • Impact - Standard damaging attack stat
  • Range - This is interesting to me. Either it's the actual length of the blad of the sword, and thus the size of it's hitbox, or swords have a default lunge to them like Halo and the range state decides how far that lunge is.
  • Effeciency - I beleive this stat is tied directly to Energy. Chances are this sword works similar to Plasma Weapons and sword in Halo. Every swing is going to take a certain count of "ammo" so to speak. Swords with mroe effeciency will be able to swing more.
  • Defense - This one has me very puzzled. I'll explain why further below
  • Energy - A different way of showing the ammo count.

So Defense. First, when I saw this I assumed every sword naturally had that perk at the bottom. Holding L2 for to guard. But then I realized that's just a perk, and isn't necessarily on every sword in the game. But then what does that leave the defense stat with?

Maybe every sword in the game has a guard option, but the perk itself is referring to the elements it has listed? If that's the case then why is the option grayed out, though?

Either way I'm sure Defense is also tied into Energy in some way. I'm expecting something similar to the Titan's sprint shield that pops up that no one ever uses instead of full blown Jedi level maneuvers.

Top Bottom