• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

JustGotWicked, Fig and Macello Trials Run:
http://www.twitch.tv/jgw_

Is this where the DGAF party is at? I just bought my ticket.

Fake Top of page HYPE!!!

flHsQ4Q.gif

Efridets spear. If I need to do the 15 headshot bounty, I use ice breaker.

I also have a her benevolence. Are there perks that make sniping easier? Because I am not sure what to roll for when it comes to snipers.

I had a feeling you were going to say Spear. First thing I would do is switch to a different sniper. Spear has almost no auto aim and the rate of fire is very unforgiving.

Her Benevolence is a great sniper. As for perks the biggest things in my opinion are having a scope you like. Most people like shortgaze and Longview slr10. Ambush is okay too but not preferable. Stay away from long range scopes for the most part as most maps aren't very long. Hidden hand is nice because it gives additional auto aim. I'd also recommend Snapshot/Quickdraw/injection mold as they make weapon handling faster.

Finally, a lot of people recommend turning down aiming sensitivity.

Unstable

You just got quoted three times.

Wicked is seriously the best guy around and gets more GAFfers to mercury then I could ever hope to.

And to think he's still waiting for his GAF account to be approved...

j-wood

Looking for trials group. Currently just me. Psn is j-wood. Decent at pvp but this is my first time doing trials. Anyone up?

Lee

Reforged again and got:

Shortgaze
Hidden Hand
Snapshot/Custom Optics/Rifled Barrel
Unflinching

I want to keep this one but I feel like I need extra stability from the middle row.

Perfect roll. Congrats.

I rock Hidden Hand and Injection Mold with surplus that does nothing but I like it too much to reroll any more.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So Defense. First, when I saw this I assumed every sword naturally had that perk at the bottom. Holding L2 for to guard. But then I realized that's just a perk, and isn't necessarily on every sword in the game. But then what does that leave the defense stat with?

Maybe every sword in the game has a guard option, but the perk itself is referring to the elements it has listed? If that's the case then why is the option grayed out, though?

Either way I'm sure Defense is also tied into Energy in some way. I'm expecting something similar to the Titan's sprint shield that pops up that no one ever uses instead of full blown Jedi level maneuvers.
What I'm assuming is Def is tied into the Guard option, and that the more Def you have the less damage you take, as there's no way Guarding will negate all damage.

j-wood

I have one exotic shard. Should I spend it on my chest to max level it or my surors to max level it? Currently lvl 32. Which would help me more in trials?

Kyoufu

I have one exotic shard. Should I spend it on my chest to max level it or my surors to max level it? Currently lvl 32. Which would help me more in trials?

Armor first.

Suros ain't helpin anybody in Trials until the AR buff :p

You could also buy another shard from Xur and do both.

Ghaleon pls

I always wondered how that worked. I swear I sat in "awaiting approval" for like 6 months. To the point I had totally forgotten I even applied and had pretty much given up.

Urzok is the biggest bullshit. Literally need a fireteam to do it.

Nah, just a shot gun with a good rate of fire and maybe a super saved up.

What I'm assuming is Def is tied into the Guard option, and that the more Def you have the less damage you take, as there's no way Guarding will negate all damage.

That would be such a pain to balance, but you could be right.

I would just hate to be sitting there holding down defense with my sword while I'm still taking pelts of 2-3 damage from every bullet from an AR. Shit still adds up.

FyreWulff

I'm going to start spending my mountain of motes on exotic engrams to start speeding up my exotic blueprints unlocking.

edit: rolls so far on my Titan char

Armamameuemterarium (but with a better roll than what mine had)
Voidfang Vestments
Crest of Alpha Lupi (titan)
Heart of Praxis Fire
Crest of Alpha Lupi (hunter)
Purifier Robes

game is like "psst go play your warlock"

Tecnniqe

Banned
I always wondered how that worked. I swear I sat in "awaiting approval" for like 6 months. To the point I had totally forgotten I even applied and had pretty much given up.

Nah, just a shot gun with a good rate of fire and maybe a super saved up.

When I did chests on Skywatch I think I busted him up with Fourth Horseman a few times. Perhaps nighthawk as well.

Didnt quite work out when he had elite wizards and knights all around him and stupid servitors floating about nuking everything. Impossible to do anything due to the pure nuke they put down on you.

And ofc you die he despawns so ...

Kyoufu

Didnt quite work out when he had elite wizards and knights all around him and stupid servitors floating about nuking everything. Impossible to do anything due to the pure nuke they put down on you.

You could get lucky and catch him during a Warsat public event. He's super weak during that one.

Sullichin

Performance Bonus any good on PVP snipers? Got a Low Grade Humility with clown cartridge, shortgaze, +stability and performance bonus. With the ammo changes in Crucible it might be good. I really like clown cartridge on my other LGH. Shortgaze is the only requirement for me because I don't think unflinching or hidden hand are that good really.

No he doesn't, but he does despawn if the Public Event finishes.

So in the case of the "The enemy is moving against each other." He shows up about 80% into the whole ordeal, so you don't have a large amount of time to kill him.

If you get a Warsat defense instead, it's easy to kill him as he'll stick around until the Warsat is finished. Just make sure you aren't standing in there.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Performance Bonus any good on PVP snipers? Got a Low Grade Humility with clown cartridge, shortgaze, +stability and performance bonus. With the ammo changes in Crucible it might be good. I really like clown cartridge on my other LGH. Shortgaze is the only requirement for me because I don't think unflinching or hidden hand are that good really.

I think hidden hand is the only one you need the most. Everything else is up to your preference depending on what kind of sniper rifle you want.

Homeboyd

For real? Is that it?
How low is the percentage of that drop?
Cause I've never even seen anyone with one of these weapons.
Do you mean PoE primary with a burn? If so yeah that's it.

I think the % is around 0.0000000000000001% give or take. So you know. Enjoy!

zewone

Not a fan of clown cartridge or performance bonus on snipers.

But use whatever works for you.

My favorite LDR has two perks I never use.

Spray and Play & Final Round.

Ubcsf0O.gif

ocean

Banned
For real? Is that it?
Somewhere between 1/10 and 1/5. But you'll get a random weapon with a random element and a random perk.

Arc HC with Captain stun? Ace. Void Pulse Rifle with Shank burn? Ouch.

Skolas is worth it for the Etheric and bounty Exotics. Not worth grinding the weapons. Chances for one are low; for a good one even worse.

For real? Is that it?

I've done Skolas around 20 times or so and have gotten 6 elemental primary (2 Hand Cannons, 2 Auto Rifles, 1 Pulse Rifle, and 1 Scout Rifle) drops.

The last run I got an Arc Wolves' Leash with the chance to stun Fallen Captains perk (just what I wanted).

Guys, I've currently got a 4-2 Trials card. Team wasn't so bad but disbanded. I just need two of you to join me for one Trials match! If we win I can get the boots, if not I will buy a new card and just start again tomorrow haha!
I can't use mic now though (late here) but I just want to go one match and I don't care about the outcome!

Tecnniqe

Banned
No he doesn't, but he does despawn if the Public Event finishes.

So in the case of the "The enemy is moving against each other." He shows up about 80% into the whole ordeal, so you don't have a large amount of time to kill him.

If you get a Warsat defense instead, it's easy to kill him as he'll stick around until the Warsat is finished. Just make sure you aren't standing in there.

Ugh he spawned again with a million minions. No way to get that shield down. Even if it do go down it goes back up in a sec.

This guy is pissing me off. 1/3 HP and full shield he despawned :| Hes there for like 2 minutes max.
Artificial difficulty.

Any idea on saving Legendary Engrams in the Vault until TTK?

Buying up all Emblems from Dead orbit, FWC and Monarc, should give us less Emblem drops from ranking factions in TTK?

Also, would I need to save them in vault or will Destiny servers KNOW that I have already owned these emblems and have taken them away from the new improved loot table in TTK?

Top Bottom