• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Ugh he spawned again with a million minions. No way to get that shield down. Even if it do go down it goes back up in a sec.

This guy is pissing me off.
Artificial difficulty.

Most of the public events vips are ridiculous, and he's even worse. Maybe blind him with a Titan bubble and pummel him in there? I can't remember how I beat him.

EDIT. Top of the page swag.
H3lOeKS.jpg

Sullichin

Not a fan of clown cartridge or performance bonus on snipers.

But use whatever works for you.

My favorite LDR has two perks I never use.

Spray and Play & Final Round.

Ubcsf0O.gif

I think hidden hand is the only one you need the most. Everything else is up to your preference depending on what kind of sniper rifle you want.

Yeah I think shortgaze is way more important than the perks. I have 3 pretty well rolled LGH's:
1. Ambush, Hidden Hand, Unflinching
2. Shortgaze, Clown Cartridge, Unflinching
3. Shortgaze, Clown Cartridge, Perf Bonus (perf bonus not unlocked yet)

I do equally well with #2 and #3. Was wondering how often performance bonus procs. I really like clown cartridge, it's a fun perk on snipers and rocket launchers

SnakeEyes

Banned
That would be such a pain to balance, but you could be right.

I would just hate to be sitting there holding down defense with my sword while I'm still taking pelts of 2-3 damage from every bullet from an AR. Shit still adds up.
A Sword/Melee-only game type would be bad-ass. Like a Gladiatorial arena :D

aarcane

Skolas: Dead.
Last 3 golden chests: Found.
Moments of Triumph: Completed.

rqTziZQ.jpg

It may not seem like much, but I'm happy I got this done.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Most of the public events vips are ridiculous, and he's even worse. Maybe blind him with a Titan bubble and pummel him in there? I can't remember how I beat him.

EDIT. Top of the page swag.

Its stupid. Raid bosses are easier to do than this guy. I dont get it. You have to RNG the spawn and then RNG the type of mission just to have a fighting chance alone to get the guy.
Dont get me wrong im all for a challenge and difficulty, but this is just bad design. Eats 5 gjallarhorns and shield still up. Crazy.

I have always been Luffy. Deep down inside my photoshops. The luffy is always there. Covered up by new images.

Embrace your True Self.

I'd play Trials with you but last time after you left I started doing 10 times better. I'm convinced you're my bad luck charm. ;P

Deku Tree

Engrams are already rolled as soon as you obtain them. Waiting until after TTK will not change what's inside. It's guaranteed to be a HoW legendary.

This is not exactly right as far as I know.

Blue engrams decrypt into the class of the guardian that decrypts them independent of who picked them up. So they can't be rolled as soon as you obtain them. Purples decode into a random class. I think that engrams are rolled the moment that you decrypt them.

However different engrams have different loot pools. Tiger strikes give engrams that decrypt into items from the vanilla destiny loot pool. ROC strikes give engrams that decrypt into TDB loot pool items. And Dragon strikes (as well as the rest of current destiny) give you engrams that decrypt into HoW Loot pool items. If your extremely lucky you can still get a shadow price from an engram from a Tiger strike but it has to be a minuscule chance.

Still only engrams obtained after TTK will decrypt into TTK items.

rc213

Its stupid. Raid bosses are easier to do than this guy. I dont get it. You have to RNG the spawn and then RNG the type of mission just to have a fighting chance alone to get the guy.
Dont get me wrong im all for a challenge and difficulty, but this is just bad design. Eats 5 gjallarhorns and shield still up. Crazy.

Add me and send invite I'll sit around and help take him down.

Namikaze1

First match we had tonight was up against 3 sunsingers - 33 kills to win :d
We had already lost a match which our mercy covered and this team was being a pain in the ass. All we needed to do was with this one and the next game for mercury. We went 1-3 before tying it. Then they won the 7th round. But we won 8th and 9th rounds to win the match. It was pretty close.

zewone

This is not exactly right as far as I know.

Blue engrams decrypt into the class of the guardian that decrypts them independent of who picked them up. So they can't be rolled as soon as you obtain them. Purples decode into a random class. I think that engrams are rolled the moment that you decrypt them.

However different engrams have different loot pools. Tiger strikes give engrams that decrypt into items from the vanilla destiny loot pool. ROC strikes give engrams that decrypt into TDB loot pool items. And Dragon strikes (as well as the rest of current destiny) give you engrams that decrypt into HoW Loot pool items. If your extremely lucky you can still get a shadow price from an engram from a Tiger strike but it has to be a minuscule chance.

Still only engrams obtained after TTK will decrypt into TTK items.

Thank you for writing out the long version of what I said. ;)

And as far as running old strikes for old guns, it's close to impossible. The engrams the enemies drop in the ROC strike (or Tiger) are still HoW (or TTK when that's out). The only engrams that can be TDB or Vanilla are the engrams given as a reward. And after doing many, many, many of these strikes, I've never seen a weapon engram drop. It's only armor.

GutZ31

So I wanted to talk about the swords in Destiny a little bit as well.

fclInz9.jpg

We already know Swords belong in the Heavy slot, so lets talk about the unknowns.

• Speed - A stat that is likely associated with the literaly animation time of the sword being swung.
  • Impact - Standard damaging attack stat
  • Range - This is interesting to me. Either it's the actual length of the blad of the sword, and thus the size of it's hitbox, or swords have a default lunge to them like Halo and the range state decides how far that lunge is.
  • Effeciency - I beleive this stat is tied directly to Energy. Chances are this sword works similar to Plasma Weapons and sword in Halo. Every swing is going to take a certain count of "ammo" so to speak. Swords with mroe effeciency will be able to swing more.
  • Defense - This one has me very puzzled. I'll explain why further below
  • Energy - A different way of showing the ammo count.

So Defense. First, when I saw this I assumed every sword naturally had that perk at the bottom. Holding L2 for to guard. But then I realized that's just a perk, and isn't necessarily on every sword in the game. But then what does that leave the defense stat with?

Maybe every sword in the game has a guard option, but the perk itself is referring to the elements it has listed? If that's the case then why is the option grayed out, though?

Either way I'm sure Defense is also tied into Energy in some way. I'm expecting something similar to the Titan's sprint shield that pops up that no one ever uses instead of full blown Jedi level maneuvers.
Everything you listed looks correct, except defense.

It is highly likely that almost all swords have L2 as the guard option, possible change for raid or exotics is the most I would care to guess at.
Very similar to how all sparrows use a similar setup, unless raid, or a special item like the tumbler.

The skill is grey because it hasn't been unlocked like any weapon that hasn't been used/leveled up is my opinion.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've done Skolas around 20 times or so and have gotten 6 elemental primary (2 Hand Cannons, 2 Auto Rifles, 1 Pulse Rifle, and 1 Scout Rifle) drops.

The last run I got an Arc Wolves' Leash with the chance to stun Fallen Captains perk (just what I wanted).

I've only got the single Skolas kill under my belt so far and no one on my team got a Kell weapon that time.
6 in 20 isn't horrible odds though.
All I got was a Queen's weapon from the chest.

But I did get a bounty for an exotic so it wasn't all bad.

Was just asking about tbe judgements chance because I have nothing else to do with these weapon cores. Gave it a shot. Got a primary weapon but no burn.

House of Wolves really didn't do a very good job with getting elemental primary weapons into PVE player's hands.

Silvard

Does anyone want to do Trials? While ideally a lighthouse trip would be the goal, I really want to get at least 7 or 8 wins to get The Messenger.

So I wanted to talk about the swords in Destiny a little bit as well.

fclInz9.jpg

We already know Swords belong in the Heavy slot, so lets talk about the unknowns.

• Speed - A stat that is likely associated with the literaly animation time of the sword being swung.
  • Impact - Standard damaging attack stat
  • Range - This is interesting to me. Either it's the actual length of the blad of the sword, and thus the size of it's hitbox, or swords have a default lunge to them like Halo and the range state decides how far that lunge is.
  • Effeciency - I beleive this stat is tied directly to Energy. Chances are this sword works similar to Plasma Weapons and sword in Halo. Every swing is going to take a certain count of "ammo" so to speak. Swords with mroe effeciency will be able to swing more.
  • Defense - This one has me very puzzled. I'll explain why further below
  • Energy - A different way of showing the ammo count.

So Defense. First, when I saw this I assumed every sword naturally had that perk at the bottom. Holding L2 for to guard. But then I realized that's just a perk, and isn't necessarily on every sword in the game. But then what does that leave the defense stat with?

Maybe every sword in the game has a guard option, but the perk itself is referring to the elements it has listed? If that's the case then why is the option grayed out, though?

Either way I'm sure Defense is also tied into Energy in some way. I'm expecting something similar to the Titan's sprint shield that pops up that no one ever uses instead of full blown Jedi level maneuvers.

my Gut says that Defense is how much damage can be absorbed per guard. like you cant block all of it all the time. Defense will just reduce damage taken as opposed to completely countering the attack. thats my guess

Top Bottom