• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Deku Tree

Thank you for writing out the long version of what I said. ;)

And as far as running old strikes for old guns, it's close to impossible. The engrams the enemies drop in the ROC strike (or Tiger) are still HoW (or TTK when that's out). The only engrams that can be TDB or Vanilla are the engrams given as a reward. And after doing many, many, many of these strikes, I've never seen a weapon engram drop. It's only armor.

Some of the players on Twitter with a lot of followers were claiming a while ago that they got old OP weapons that are no longer available from Tiger strikes and ascended them. It's been a while since I ran one.

zewone

Some of the players on Twitter with a lot of followers were claiming a while ago that they got old OP weapons that are no longer available from Tiger strikes and ascended them. It's been a while since I ran one.

Yeah, I remember that and they actually got a piece of armor. They just assumed it could also be a weapon, but I've yet to see proof.

I've only got the single Skolas kill under my belt so far and no one on my team got a Kell weapon that time.
6 in 20 isn't horrible odds though.
All I got was a Queen's weapon from the chest.

But I did get a bounty for an exotic so it wasn't all bad.

Was just asking about tbe judgements chance because I have nothing else to do with these weapon cores. Gave it a shot. Got a primary weapon but no burn.

House of Wolves really didn't do a very good job with getting elemental primary weapons into PVE player's hands.

no, it surely didnt. and even if it gave out a elemental primary each time you beat him. Id still wager that most wouldnt have bothered because of ascension. None of the POE primaries, regardless of elemental damage are better than CE or VOG ones.

Silvard

Does anyone want to do Trials? While ideally a lighthouse trip would be the goal, I really want to get at least 7 or 8 wins to get The Messenger.

For the new page. I'm only average but I don't want to take up a carry slot from someone who has never been on Mercury.

Yeah, I remember that and they actually got a piece of armor. They just assumed it could also be a weapon, but I've yet to see proof.

It is true, I was building my wifes character up for her. I was running the TDB content (post HoW) got a blue engram and it decrypted into a Trolley Problem (TDB Crucible legendary fusion rifle).

ocean

Banned
It's possible. But chances are absurdly, ridiculously low.

Playing Roc and waiting for a Special Weapon Legendary Engram could take weeks of grinding.

Chances of it specifically rolling, say, a Sniper, are even lower given the huge loot table. Then consider how unlikely it is to get a good roll - reforging gives you a clue.

An Ambush/DoubleDown/Snapshot/Final Round LDR 5001 is possible. But buried behind so many layers of low-weight RNG, it's almost infinitely improbable to get what you're looking for.

More significantly: it isn't worth it. There are zero old weapons in those loot tables even remotely worth considering such s grind for. HoW offers alternatives which are usually superior, or at worst equivalent for practical purposes.

Arrrammis

So I wanted to talk about the swords in Destiny a little bit as well.

fclInz9.jpg

We already know Swords belong in the Heavy slot, so lets talk about the unknowns.

• Speed - A stat that is likely associated with the literaly animation time of the sword being swung.
  • Impact - Standard damaging attack stat
  • Range - This is interesting to me. Either it's the actual length of the blad of the sword, and thus the size of it's hitbox, or swords have a default lunge to them like Halo and the range state decides how far that lunge is.
  • Effeciency - I beleive this stat is tied directly to Energy. Chances are this sword works similar to Plasma Weapons and sword in Halo. Every swing is going to take a certain count of "ammo" so to speak. Swords with mroe effeciency will be able to swing more.
  • Defense - This one has me very puzzled. I'll explain why further below
  • Energy - A different way of showing the ammo count.

So Defense. First, when I saw this I assumed every sword naturally had that perk at the bottom. Holding L2 for to guard. But then I realized that's just a perk, and isn't necessarily on every sword in the game. But then what does that leave the defense stat with?

Maybe every sword in the game has a guard option, but the perk itself is referring to the elements it has listed? If that's the case then why is the option grayed out, though?

Either way I'm sure Defense is also tied into Energy in some way. I'm expecting something similar to the Titan's sprint shield that pops up that no one ever uses instead of full blown Jedi level maneuvers.
I think that channeling and energy is used much like melee weapons in Warframe. You pull out your melee weapon, and you channel energy through it to deal extra damage while the channeling is active. Channeling consumes energy(in warframe this is based on time, not reduced by the amount of swings), and efficiency determines how quickly it drains your energy. I could see them letting you use the melee weapon all the time of you want (it would deal the same damage as your normal melee), but when you pick up heavy ammo packs, it charges your energy, allowing you to channel your energy into your weapon to deal extra damage.

zewone

It is true, I was building my wifes character up for her. I was running the TDB content (post HoW) got a blue engram and it decrypted into a Trolley Problem (TDB Crucible legendary fusion rifle).

You can get weapon engrams from TDB story mission. The Roc strike does not give out weapons.

bitsurugi

Thanks to Drizz & Rubenov for the ''as always super neat'' run.

Am so salty right now, cause i got weaseled out in one match and it ruined the flawless.
Not that i need, but i hate to loose to something i can not prevent at all ><

8 pack got me the usual kinetic jewel :D

SkylineRKR

Dry Rot is good, and not exotic. But nothing beats the Horseman. Xbox players were missing out, by the time they can get it, shotty's have been nerfed.

Horseman is currently my favourite weapon, but for usefulness I resort to FV more.

I've never been a big shot gun person &#65533;&#65533;

Edit: and yet I still have my preatorian foil lol. Damn nerfed fusions

I was never a shotgun person but since the buff its almost imperative to get adept with them.

They're so good, I just solo'd CE Normal and FV trounces those hallowed knights and sword bearers.

Wow, I LOVED that Vertigo Walkthrough from GI today. Less for the tactical stuff, but I love how every map has a little smidge of lore and story to it. I gotta go google and see if they've done this for any other maps. I'd love a Walkthrough of every Destiny map, to be honest. I love that shit.

Top Bottom