• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

zewone

What the hell?

Edit; Top of the world, Ma!

GFxgcWy.jpg

Kyoufu

Whay does unstant access to the vanguard thingy mean? What does that have to do your grimoire

Nothing.

When you reach rank 3 of Vanguard you have access to all their weapons/armour. So get rank 3 now if you haven't already. Bungie are basically talking to newbies here, not us. Nobody needs to be concerned about anything.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Nothing.

When you reach rank 3 of Vanguard you have access to all their weapons/armour. So get rank 3 now if you haven't already. Bungie are basically talking to newbies here, not us. Nobody needs to be concerned about anything.

3000 score is. Whatever that means. More items or shader? I cant seem to find info on what it gives.

Namikaze1

So do you have to preorder to get the vip stuff?
Nope. Folks have up till some date in Janaury to buy and play TTK to get the VIP stuff if they met the requirements before the 31st of this month. From the Year 1 VIP Rewards FAQ over on planetdestiny, TTK is required to get the VIP rewards.

Namikaze1

Can I get a shiny new emblem for having over 3600 grimoire score, Bungie? Say a certain Victory Eagle emblem? Eh? Eh?

I want that emblem so much. ;___;

amar212

Final day in Europe. Had an amazing trip and I don't wanna go back...

Wait when you come to Croatia next year. You will stay and never go anywhere else. No kidding

On the other note, Hopscotch Pilgram, finally.

250+ strikes later. I am burned on strikes and watching other team members obtaining it.

If there is any light in the story, Gunsmith was good and I got perfect roll: Outlaw, Reactive Reload and Smallbore.

I should really reconsider my life priorities.

Renta

Banned
Dang, the red bull code I decided to save is now invalid. I had no idea these things expired. I should have redeemed them both at once :/

MrDaravon

Just direct hit someone who was Arc Blading with a Nova Bomb, he completely shrugged it off and killed me. I legit don't understand how people like this PvP lol.

I'm still looking for Trials if anyone is around, if nothing else I'm on the PvP part of the Juju bounty on my Warlock, but I can switch to my Hunter if it's going to be serious business time or whatever.

Edit: Silvard I'll hit you up

Deku Tree

Dang, the red bull code I decided to save is now invalid. I had no idea these things expired. I should have redeemed them both at once :/

Call red bull. Ask for another code. They don't expire. But they are easy to guess and people are selling loads of generated codes on eBay, which invalidates codes like yours unfortunately because they are single use codes.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Invalid, or part of the string of issues with people registering codes that they haven't purchased?

Either way, just go buy another Red Bull (if you're American.)

Renta

Banned
Invalid, or part of the string of issues with people registering codes that they haven't purchased?

Either way, just go buy another Red Bull (if you're American.)

I got them when I was out of town, coz 7 elevens are dead in my area (Sandy Springs, GA). It's cool though, I already used one code and that should unlock the strike for me right? All I wanted was a second focused light

Tried this before to no avail, but maybe I'll be luckier closer to the Taken King Release:

Looking for 2 XBONE guardians for CROTA raid @ 9pm EST (40min). Mostly raid newbs looking to have a good time.

GAMERTAG: Space Monkey

Renta

Banned
Well, I'm at the end of the nightfall. If anyone wants to hop in on this basically free nightfall, just add RentALine and join.

2 spots open.

Essentially a free nightfall, guys

Bloodsent

Anyone willing to help me with getting 5 wins in trials? I am not the best (never been to the Lighthouse), but not looking for flawless either.

Spoo

Gonna be doing a Normal run of VoG with some friends, one of which hasn't done it before and will need some things explained so it will be pretty noob friendly.

Space for 2 more. If you're interested just add reeducator on Psn.

This map has a solid layout and introduces a new dynamic that we haven't seen in Destiny yet. However, I can't help but find the map visually noisy and ironically flat.

For the first part, you'll notice when they walk through the Cabal section that there is a lot of random props scattered about. This isn't a new thing for Destiny, but in those areas it only serves to distract the player from reading the map geometry (particularly for bouncing grenades), contrary to what they were discussing at that point.

As for the second part, this map doesn't appear to have any significant elevation changes. Platforms are raised slightly higher than one another, but there are no real empowering points until you're standing on a small shortcut ledge. This could lead the combat around the capture points to feel one-dimensional.

On the plus side, there probably wont be many blink shotgunners on this map. I imagine Vertigo will be a popular 3v3 mode but I expect Control to be a mess.

rNilla

Your reward for 3500+ Grimoire is a map of the nearest parks in your area.

I have over 3500 Grimoire and my nearest park serves beer :)

Gordon

I think that channeling and energy is used much like melee weapons in Warframe. You pull out your melee weapon, and you channel energy through it to deal extra damage while the channeling is active. Channeling consumes energy(in warframe this is based on time, not reduced by the amount of swings), and efficiency determines how quickly it drains your energy. I could see them letting you use the melee weapon all the time of you want (it would deal the same damage as your normal melee), but when you pick up heavy ammo packs, it charges your energy, allowing you to channel your energy into your weapon to deal extra damage.
Wait, so like Titans melees could extend beyond elbow-distance? I am SO fucking on-board. I'll buy the DLC just because of that.

Top Bottom