• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Namikaze1

So how do you guys play Rumble?

Do you crouch walk and hide around corners with a shotgun? Or do you run and gun and play aggressive?

I would share my opinion about crouch walking shotguners but I don't want to get banned.

* just want to add that I love how the exotics have different stat ranges. That's the only thing that makes them unique
Depends on the map. I like to play aggressively in maps like Exodus. For maps like Pantheon where there's a lot of halls, I wait around the corner with shotgun in hand.

Edit: crap. Top of page. Here, have a cookie

article_Save_FreeCookiesForKids_071612_.jpg

SnakeEyes

Banned
So how do you guys play Rumble?

Do you crouch walk and hide around corners with a shotgun? Or do you run and gun and play aggressive?
Thorn/Shotgun, and fairly aggressively. To be fair though, I only play Rumble when it's the Daily Crucible map; gotta get them sweet, sweet Passage Coins.

Daemul

The Red Bull Rift tournament is meant to be taking place with the patch 2.0.0 weapon patch applied, so we'll see how Thorn and Last Word have been affected. If TLW's hip fire is still viable than I'll be happy.

SnakeEyes

Banned
The Red Bull Rift tournament is meant to be taking place with the patch 2.0.0 weapon patch applied, so we'll see how Thorn and Last Word have been affected. If TLW's hip fire is still viable than I'll be happy.
Probably will be, just at nowhere near the range that it's currently being used at.

It should in theory be more viable as they are increasing the benefits of hip fire. But it will probably be a wash since it's range and stability are getting nerfed.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hip-fire has never been that great at range, it's ADS that's the problem.
Well considering the changes to TLW are:

Reduce Range stat to 10 (was 20), reduce Stability to 20 (was 30).
Reduce effective range while in ADS.
Increase accuracy and precision damage aim assist scale when firing from the hip. “Get three coffins ready.”
Fixed bugs with Hipfire damage bonus applying incorrectly

The ADS range is getting nerfed as well.

Gordon

I hope they have some sort of gear-restricted pvp mode in TTK. Armsday guns only or something like that. Then they can relax a bit on nerfing all the exotics into oblivion because there will be somewhere to get away from whatever's-op-abuse.

The other big question for TLW post-TTK is how much the original perks like Perfect Balance are getting nerfed. I doubt that stability nerf will matter a ton unless they nerf PB hard on top of that.

Well considering the changes to TLW are:

Reduce Range stat to 10 (was 20), reduce Stability to 20 (was 30).
Reduce effective range while in ADS.
Increase accuracy and precision damage aim assist scale when firing from the hip. “Get three coffins ready.”
Fixed bugs with Hipfire damage bonus applying incorrectly

The ADS range is getting nerfed as well.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. ADS is getting a nerf, while hip-fire is also getting a buff.

Anyone using TLW properly wouldn't be attempting hip-fire at range anyway.

The other big question for TLW post-TTK is how much the original perks like Perfect Balance are getting nerfed. I doubt that stability nerf will matter a ton unless they nerf PB hard on top of that.

Oh god,
I didn't even think of this. :(. I hope it isn't bad but I'm not holding my breath. Looking at the new Suros hammer forged added very little to the range.

I'm confused. Your K/D and win % are great but the trueskill is only 16. It must be calculated poorly or weird.

Yeah like E92 said probably not a ton of games played. True Skill is cumulative so you have to play a lot to hit 50 regardless of what your stats are. You just have to play a lot more games to hit 50 with a 1.5 K/D relative to a 2+ K/D. Win % is the most important stat afaik.

See that doesn't make sense to me. I get that DTR is about how much you play and how well but Trueskill should just be based on k/d, assists, and wins so you get a better idea as to actual skill.

True, but it takes a lot more skill to have high K/D and win% over 1000 games compared to 100 games. Sort of a sustained excellence.

Spoo

Could really use 1 more on VoG normal. Taking a noob friend through, and we're 4 manning it at oracles. Add reeducator

Dunk#7

True, but it takes a lot more skill to have high K/D and win% over 1000 games compared to 100 games. Sort of a sustained excellence.

It should be a fairly minimal factor.

The 100 games vs 1000 games would probably reveal very similar stats for most people. The law of averages would come into play pretty quickly.

Yeah that is definitely the case. There is probably some algorithm for how heavily stats are weighted when compared to games played. I think they said they were changing trueskill?

Oh well. It's just a number to grind :p. I'd like to get to 50 someday, I'm sitting at 30 now though, so it will take some time.

Top Bottom